Chapter 3

Special Agent In LOVE (Hiatus)

Taeyeon is busy in his office, read some files of the person who has suspected on his desk. “Roy Fropper. Height 5 ft 6 in, weight 165 lb. Ressi-” He got interrupted by unexpected sharp thud of knock on his door. “Come in.” Taeyeon half-shouted.

A blonde-haired woman came in “Tae, we’ve received some report from IT Management division.” The blonde said, with the big envelope firm on her grasp.

“Is that so? Please open the envelope and read the contents for me.” Taeyeon ordered. The blonde ripped the envelope and pulled out the files.

 

Sir, we got information from interception of communication team. The suspected culprit is predicted for sure that he will have a deal tomorrow morning at Lotte Hotel & Resorts Seoul. Please proceed to what kind of action that we should do.” The blonde read all contents of the messages.

 

“Tomorrow morning?” Taeyeon muttered. “If it’s that soon then I would need your help, Louis.” Taeyeon said.

The blonde’s eyebrows furrowed “Why would you need my help?” Louis asked and look at Taeyeon with scrutinizing eyes.

“I need you to go sneaked in the hotel and disguised yourself as a receptionist.” Taeyeon said and looked back at the blonde.

“Okay, but in one condition.”Louis said. “You have to treat me dinner in some fancy restaurants after this plan is done.” Louis smirked.

“Okay, that’s a deal then. So, here’s the plan. This is how his face looks.” Taeyeon show some photo which snapped at LA airport. “I will be check in first so when he had arrived later you could give him the room next to mine, got it?” Taeyeon explained.

“Yes Mr. Kim!” Louis said playfully.

“You could leave now.” Taeyeon said.

After the blonde left, Taeyeon’s phone ringed and he look at the screen*Deputy Mark*, he picked up the call “Yes deputy?” Taeyeon answered.

Hey Tae, How is it going?” Deputy Mark asked.

“I got information from IT management just now, they said that our suspected terrorist will have a meeting with someone at Lotte World Hotel.” Taeyeon said.

Is that so? What are you going to do then?” Deputy Mark asked.

“I’m going to tap their conversation, Executive assistant director for information will join up to help me too.” Taeyeon explained.

Louis Kendall? She is your secretary too right?” Deputy Mark asked.

“Yes she is. Is there something wrong sir?” Taeyeon asked.

“Both of you seem so close, so are you guys dating or?” Deputy Mark asked with playful tone.

“Huh? What the hell are you talking about?!” Taeyeon rolled his eyes. “FYI, we’re just friends. There is nothing more than that.” Taeyeon said irritated.

Hahahaha, easy there. I was joking around. I’ve known you for a thousand years.” Deputy Mark laughed.

“If there is nothing important to talk about then I’m hung up first.” Taeyeon said.

“Geez, that old man.” Taeyeon mumbled.

 

Taeyeon look at his wrist watch “It’s late already, I should go home and visit Uncle Park.” Taeyeon thought.

Taeyeon walked to the balcony and he leap to the sky. He forms a light and reflects it to the way of his home. He transforms into light and reflects his body following the light and in a flash, he arrived at the front gate.

Taeyeon press the bell and look at the CCTV. In a second the gates open by itself and an old man show up from the front door. “Oh my god, Taeyeon is that you?” Uncle Park shouted.

“Hey uncle, it’s been awhile, how have you been?” Taeyeon hugged the old man.

“I’m good. Have you eaten yet?” Uncle Park asked.

“It’s fine. I’m not hungry yet.” Taeyeon said.

Taeyeon roamed around the house and he smiled when he feels the similar feeling.

“I see the house is still the same. It does bring back some memories.” Taeyeon said.

“Yeah, It is. Let’s go in, it’s getting cold.” Uncle Park said.

 

The next day

 

Taeyeon woke up quite early and quickly do his morning routine. After that he walked to the dining room and he found a sticky note on the table.

 

 

          Dear Taeyeon,

I’m going to the market to buy some groceries.

The fridge is completely empty for now, but there is white bread on the cabinet.

I will be home soon.

 

Uncle Park

 

 

Taeyeon open the cabinet and grabbed 2 pieces of bread and put it on the toaster. After 2 minutes the toast pop up and he quickly swallowed it in no time.

 

After Taeyeon ate his breakfast he packed his stuff and walked to his Black RX9. “Hey buddy, it’s been a long time I haven’t ride you.” Taeyeon mumbled. He quietly hopped in to his car after he loaded his luggage in to the trunk.

He sped his way through the traffic easily. Within 15 minutes Taeyeon arrived at the Lotte World Hotel. He parked his car then walked in to the lobby.

When he look at the front desk there is Louis with long red locks. Taeyeon come closer “Where is my room?” He whispered loud enough for Louis’s hearing.

“Here, it’s on the 7th floor.” Louis gives the keycard.

Taeyeon walked to the elevator and get in, as the elevator about to close he heard someone shouted “Wait please!” He quickly presses the open buttons. A raven-haired girl came in with plastic bag in her grasp. “Thank you.” The girl said.

When Taeyeon see the girl’s face his breath hitched, doesn’t know how to react, body unmoving as he stares wide-eyed at the girl. “S-sooyeon?” Taeyeon mumbled quietly.

“Huh? Did you say something?” The girl asked.

“N-nothing.” Taeyeon stuttered. His grip on the luggage tightened. 'She doesn’t recognize Me.' Taeyeon thought.

 

*Ding*They reached the 7th floor. Taeyeon get out of the elevator and about to walked away but stopped when the girl called him “Hey wait” The girl said.

Taeyeon frozen in his place *did she remember me now?* Taeyeon thought. “Yes?” Taeyeon asked his right eyebrow lifted.

“Are you new here?” The raven-haired girl asked.

“Yeah, I just check in today.” Taeyeon said.

“Oh, let me help you find your room then. Show me your card.” The girl said. Taeyeon give her the card. “Oh 697! Your room is next to mine!” The girl smiled. “Come follow me, I’ll show you the way.” She walked first.

Taeyeon just keep following the girl in front of him, while he just staring the girl’s back. “Ah I forgot to introduce myself, my name is Jessica. What is yours?” The girl turns back and offered a handshake.

'Jessica? She changes her name?' “My name is Taeyeon.” Taeyeon shook her hand.

After a few minutes they reached their room. “Well, thanks for show me the way, Jessica. It’s nice to meet you.” Taeyeon said. “You’re welcome and nice to meet you too, Taeyeon.” Jessica smiled and walked in to her room.

After Jessica went to her room finally Taeyeon straightened up and turned away as he walked in to his room. 'It’s for the better that I pretending we didn’t know each other, or she might get involved too.' Taeyeon thought as he ran his finger onto his hair.

Taeyeon feel vibrate from his right pants pockets. He pulled out his phone and look at the screen. There is one message from Louis.

 

From: Louis

The suspected had arrived a minute ago Tae. There are 2 bodyguards with them.
They are on the way to their room which is next to you.

 

 

After Taeyeon read the message he quickly opens his luggage and took out his stuff for tapped their conversation. Taeyeon walked out to the front door, put the bug on the floor and flicked the bug inside the suspected room, and quickly go back to his own room.

He set up the device and made the speaker mode on. “So, until when did our conversation last earlier?”

Let me show you the blueprint of this hotel, sir.” Taeyeon keep listening to what they said.

“The spot with the red dot is the places that have been planted.”

'huh, this is fishy' Taeyeon thought suspiciously.

I see. All spot have been planted already.”

“Yes sir, and here is the detonator.”

*sh*t* “They are the terrorist for sure.” Taeyeon mumbled.

“Hahahaha, good job.

I’m going to blow this place down.”

Taeyeon clenched his fist with furrowed brows. “Are you going to destroy this place tomorrow or?”

“The day after tomorrow is D-day.” *click*Taeyeon shut off the device.

He quickly called the FBI reinforcement. “Your code please.”

“SAC 1801-01-961706” Taeyeon spelled appropriately.

Confirmed, Special Agent in Charge of GIIECS (General Inspection, Investigation, Enforcement, Compliance Services) Kim Taeyeon.”

“I need a team of Counterterrorism division and full team of Bomb Disposal ahead to Seoul, South Korea immediately! This is urgent!” Taeyeon said.

I get it sir, Counterterrorism Division and Bomb Disposal team heading to Seoul, South Korea right away.” The officer answered.

Taeyeon quickly disguised as an electrician and walked out. He knocked the door written ‘698’.

"Who is that?” The guy behind the door asked.

“I’m an electrician, I got ordered to fix your bathroom lamp.” Taeyeon answered. The door slowly opened and Taeyeon quickly punch the guy as soon he showed up behind the door, the guy fall unconscious after take Taeyeon’s hit.

He walked in and found the terrorist with a gun aimed at him. “Stop right there, if you take one more step then I will shoot you.” The terrorist said with his shaking hands grip the gun tightly.

Taeyeon chuckled take a step closer “It doesn’t work aga-“*BANG* the bullet penetrated Taeyeon’s right chest through the wall, in a second Taeyeon’s chest regenerated back “-ints me.” Taeyeon muttered the last word loud enough for the man to hear.

“WHAT THE ING HELL ARE YOU?” The terrorist dropped the gun and step back until he hit the wall.

Taeyeon come closer “STOP RIGHT THERE, OR I WILL BLOW DOWN THIS BUILDING!” Taeyeon stopped. He forms a light and reflects it right on the man’s face and he reflected his body toward the man and knocked him out.

But when Taeyeon see the detonator, there is one button that had been pressed. He quickly looked at the blue print with wide eyed and then he got shocked. *The lobby* “Louis” Taeyeon muttered.

Taeyeon quickly jump out of the window. He forms a light and it got reflected to the main lobby. He roamed the lobby and found Louis in pile of scattered walls. He quickly throws away all the scattered walls and carries her to his car.

Taeyeon sped his way through other vehicles as he maneuvered through the crowd streets. In just a few minutes, Taeyeon reached the entrance of the hospital. He quickly carried Louis to the emergency department. Taeyeon can’t stop fidgeting in his seat with pang of guilty all over him.

After 30 minutes of waiting, a raven haired doctor comes out of the emergency room. Taeyeon look at the doctor’s face and his breath hitched. “J-Jessica?” Taeyeon froze and unmoved in his place.

“Oh, Taeyeon?” The doctor surprised.