September 22, 2012

Glowing Hearts

The bell rings signalling the end of class for the day, the change room filled with student chatter and lockers opening and closing.

Sighing in relief, JaeBum takes off his gym shirt and stuff it into the locker. Peering down at his stomach, the bruise that JinYoung caused was still purplish black. He thinks of today, since its JinYoung’s birthday, he’s been nastier than ever, treating JaeBum like a slave.

Gritting his teeth, JaeBum looks back up and starts putting his uniform back on, starting buttoning the shirt. By the time JaeBum finish dressing most students are already done and left the changing room.

 JaeBum reaches into his locker to grab his backpack, ready to leave for the day.

 

“You having trouble there JB? Saw that nasty bruise, must hurt.” JaeBum hears JinYoung mocking voice.

"Wonder who gave it him, eh JinYoung?" A student snickers. 

JaeBum stops mid-step, “I wonder who the er that gave me it too.” JaeBum turns around to face JinYoung dead in the eye, “Must have been some coward that can’t even hit with their fist, and needs some sort of object to inflect pain.”

“What the you just say?”

“I said, it must have been some COWARDLY ER."

"I’m done JinYoung, I’m ing done. I DIDN’T sleep with your sister; how many times do I have to tell you?! You’ve been making my life hell for too long now, so you Park JinYoung. I’m ing done!”

JinYoung stared at the male in front of him, he stomps towards the other grabbing JaeBum’s collar, “EVERYONE GET OUT!”

The remaining students scramble out of the tension filled room, leaving the livid two boys alone.

 

JinYoung kicks JaeBum’s knees knocking JaeBum down in a kneeling position; JinYoung leans down and tightens his grip on the collar and grits out, “You want to repeat that?”

JaeBum keeps his glare, “I said. . YOU. PARK. JIN. YOUNG.”

JinYoung releases his right hand grip on the shirt and raises it up ready to strike down on the face in front of him.

“I dare you to repeat that.”

“ YOU.”

“THAT’S IT!” JinYoung winds up only to stop when he feels a tug within his chest cavity, “Wha-.”

 

JaeBum eyes widen as his eyes drift down from JinYoung’s face to his chest, which is now emerging with a warm turquoise coloured glow.  He then feels a tug emerging from his own chest, looking down, JaeBum sees the same shade of light emerging. The two colours from both boys, start twirling and swirling around.

The boys frozen in shock look at each other in the eye as the warm glow from them both burst out wrapping them both almost like a warm blanket or a mother’s hug to a child.

By the time the warmth evaporates, JaeBum's eyes are closed and sitting on the floor leaning on the lockers. His arms are around the warm weight he feels on his chest and shoulder.

JaeBum opens his eyes in shock, and looks down at the body of JinYoung who is now currently cuddled on top of JaeBum. Releasing the hold he has on the other, causing JinYoung to open his eyes and realize who/what he was laying on.

Bolting upwards, JinYoung scrambles backwards until he leans against the opposite row of lockers. The two boys stare at each other trying to process what exactly happened.

 

“Why did it have to be you?” JinYoung speaks out loud, as JaeBum thinks the same question.

“Not like I’m jumping for joy about this either.”

JinYoung breaks the eye contact to stand up, heading for the door, “You tell nobody,” and walks out the door.

JaeBum closes his eyes, leaning back against the lockers, tension leaving his body, only to tense back up feeling the bruise start to throb once again. Wrapping an arm around his middle; he thinks of JinYoung’s last words to him.

JaeBum lets out another sigh, “Why me.”