Friend(s)

Glowing Hearts

Next few days in school was awkward to say the least. And instead of being relaxed like he should, JaeBum was wound up with tension from the last few days; and it’s all because JinYoung has done nothing at all. JaeBum hasn’t heard any taunts, insults, had no physical confrontations, just nothing.

And without JinYoung doing anything, the student body has been going crazy with rumors & whispers spreading throughout the school.

JaeBum really didn’t mind the rumors (not like there’s anything bad about it), it was just weird.

But really, JaeBum’s just hoping it’s not all going to blow up in his face at the end.

-

JaeBum stands in front of open locker switching his notebooks and textbooks to the ones he needed for his homework tonight.

“Hey loser!”

JaeBum feels the smack on the back of his head. Turning around he surprisingly doesn’t see JinYoung but one of his lackey’s instead.

“I don’t know what the ’s gotten into JinYoung but I’ve been wanting to do this all week.”

The other winds his fist and hits JaeBum in the stomach. JaeBum groans in pain and crumples to the ground as the other snickers and high-fives another student body.

“THE , HanSol!” JaeBum hears JinYoung’s voice ring out the hallway and sees him rush to the scene and shoves HanSol. “What the did I tell you!?”

JaeBum sees HanSol shove right back, “And what the s gotten into you!? It’s en’ Im JaeBum, you know the one that slept with JiHye noona, your sister. Don’t tell me you defending this loser now?”

JinYoung glares at the other student, “I could ing care less about him right now. But you on the other hand, you directly went against what I said. What is it huh, are you ing challenging my authority, friend.

HanSol glares right back at JinYoung, “What if I am.”

JinYoung smirks at the male student, “Fine. Let’s see who the students will side with,” JinYoung then turns around and grabs JaeBum off the ground. “This is Im JaeBum and I have been nothing but an to him for more than a year now.” JinYoung sees a crowd forming around the three people, JinYoung gives a glimpse at JaeBum before locking eyes with HanSol, “I am here to let everyone know, I am sorry for what I have done. I was in the wrong. And…Im JaeBum is officially my friend and if I hear anyone harassing him, you’ll have me to deal with.” JinYoung smirks, “Also…Kim HanSol…I am officially ending our friendship, you’re out.”

HanSol glares at JinYoung before glaring at JaeBum, “ You JinYoung.” Before shoving his way through the crowd of students. HanSol-ah.” JinYoung sees the male stop, “It’s Jr.” JinYoung watches the other’s back straighten in anger as they stomp away from the scene.

“Let go.”

JinYoung turns to look at JaeBum who just yanked his arms from JinYoung’s grip instead. JaeBum turns away from JinYoung, and slams his locker shut. Grabbing his backpack from the floor, JaeBum hisses, “I’m not your friend,” and shoves his way through the crowd away from JinYoung.

-

JaeBum shoots the ball through the hoop before running to catch the ball as it falls.

“Hey!”

JaeBum turns to see the body that just called out only to roll his eyes and resume dribbling the ball.

The other sits on the bench that was situated near the court; “I said hey!”

JaeBum ignores the other for another couple of minutes.

“Im JaeBum!”

JaeBum shoots the ball, “It’s called ignoring you, Park JinYoung,” JaeBum catches the ball on the rebound.

“I just want to talk.”

JaeBum dibbles the ball, “I think you did enough of that before.”

“Seriously, I want to talk about, well you know.”

JaeBum catches the ball and faces JinYoung, “Oh did you want to talk about that ty apology you did just because of your pride was bruised? Or how our hearts glowed and we’re ing soul mates? You can’t even say it, can you? Im JaeBum is your soul mate. I’m your ing soul mate, and you continuously harassed your soul mate for a year JinYoung. A ing year.”

JinYoung stares at JaeBum in silence.

“What nothing to say? You can take you’re ty apology, cause’ no I’m not going to take it. We’re not friends, JinYoung, ...no I should say Jr. shouldn’t I?”

JaeBum breaks eye contact and walks past JinYoung to grab his bag on the bench, and leaves JinYoung sitting alone on the bench.