Seeking Forgiveness

Glowing Hearts

JinYoung sits on the cold bench for what seems like forever. He doesn't notice the sun set, and the street light turn on, he just sits lost in thoughts.

JinYoung doesn’t notice someone calling out his name nor when they sit beside him on the cold bench, until they placed their arm on his shoulder.

“JinYoung?” a hesitant voice whispers in concern.

JinYoung glanced at his sister looking at him concerned, “I screwed up noona. I screwed up bad.”

“What happened JinYoungie? What’d you do? Tell JiHye Noona.”

“I found him, I found my one.”

“Then why so sad? You found them, should you be happy?”

“His name is…JB…and goes to my school…and is in my class…”

JiHye pauses, “No JinYoung, don’t tell me…”

JinYoung’s eyes start to water, “…for a year, noona.”

JiHye shook her head as she watches her younger brother curl himself into a tight ball.

“I didn’t even know, I was so sure it was him, Noona. But then today when you…you showed up with JiBum-sshi and said that you two got back together…  I-I knew I bullied an innocent person for no reason at all.”

“JinYoung-“

“And the irony of it all, he told me he didn’t do it. He kept on insisting that he wasn’t the ‘JB’ that I thought he was. For godsake, he said he was out of the country! And, and I didn’t listen to him, I didn’t listen to reason, so he gave up, and just took what I did to him. I turned the entire school against him.”

“He’s supposed to be the one I’m to protect! The one that I wouldn’t ever cause any harm to! JaeBum’s my soul mate Noona, my soul mate!”

JiHye watched her younger rant and cry. She slides off the bench to kneel in front of him, wiping the tears away from his face and taking his hands into hers.

“Yes JinYoung. You screwed up, you ed up. And apparently very badly.”

JinYoung tips his head, avoiding eye contact. “Look at me JinYoung.” JinYoung hears his sister say.

“The fact is you screwed up, you bullied someone, and that someone turned out to be your other half. So yeah, you screwed up, but every human screws up and makes mistakes, that’s part of life. But the thing is, when we mess up, we have to take responsibility for it. It’s going to be hard, don’t expect this JaeBum to forgive you right away. But if you sincerely apologize and take step for fix up your mess, then at least there’s that chance of forgiveness in your future.”

JiHye squeezes JinYoung’s hands, “Do you understand JinYoungie?”

JinYoung puts his arms around JiHye in a hug, “Thank you Noona.”

-

The next day JaeBum walks to his locker. The school & its students seemed normal, as if nothing happened the day before. It was only the feel of HanSol’s glare on the back of neck that proved yesterday was real and not a dream.

Opening his locker, a small white envelope falls out. Putting his not-needed books in the storage component, JaeBum reaches down to grab the envelope on the ground.

Opening the small package, JaeBum pulls out a card with a teddy bear printed on the front, holding a ‘Sorry’ banner. Opening up the card, he sees words scribbled:

JaeBum,

I’m really am sorry.

JinYoung

 

JaeBum scoffs at the card and mumbles to himself, “He thinks he’s going to get my forgiveness by this?”

JaeBum shuts the locker door close, and walks to his first class; throwing away the card and envelope in the trash.