Interlude

Glowing Hearts

[A/N: wanted to give a little of background to why the bulling happened; and no this doesn't excuse JinYoung's actions in anyway. Also thank you for all the support you all have shown me, Love ya <3 ]

 

JinYoung’s always been close to his sisters growing up. Despite being the youngest JinYoung was always taught he need to become a ‘man’ a ‘protector.’

“When you find the one, you must be able to love and protect them. And this starts from protecting your own family,” his father would say.

Thus ever since young, JinYoung felt the need to protect his sisters & his mother from any harm.

Since he’s the youngest, he never saw nor experienced anything like heartbreak, but he saw enough to know what it was like. The first time he witnessed it was his eldest sister; YeJin. She ran home from school, up to her room and slam the door, while in tears. That time JinYoung was just a little too young to know what was wrong.

The second time JinYoung saw his sister in tears was with YeJin Noona once again. This time JinYoung was a little older and knew about the world and how it works.

JinYoung heard sobs coming from his JiHye’s room, opening the door, he sees YeJin openly crying in the arms of his other sister, JiHye. JinYoung could feel the anger flow through his body as he watch YeJin’s sobs grow louder. That anger was mostly directed to himself because he failed, he failed to protect his precious family. 

-

A few years past, JinYoung grew older, entered high school, became the star swimmer & captain, who brought victory to the school, had great teammates and friends. Even family life was good, YeJin Noona still hadn’t found her ‘one’ yet, but she was living life a lot happier than before. And JiHye Noona, she’s been seeing this younger guy since the beginning of summer, claiming that he was going to be the one, she could feel it.

-

“His nickname’s is JB, I think he’s around the same age JinYoungie, and goes to the same school.”

-

“I’m going out with JB tonight, don’t wait up for me!”

-

“He was so sweet today, he brought me flowers! We’re going on a picnic!”

-

“I’ll introduce you to him next time, ok JinYoungie? I just want to keep him for myself for now.”

-

“I’ll tell you his real name when you guys meet him! It’ll be soon don’t worry.”

-

"Ahhh...Bummie, I miss you too! I really want to see you today. No, you hang up first! JB...Bummie, you first!" U

-

“YeJin Unnie, we finally…you know! He was so sweet, had candles and rose petals and everything. Don’t you dare tell anyone ok? I don’t want Umma or Appa to know. And especially JinYoungie.”

-

 “You’ll be able to meet JB soon JinYoungie, I just know you two will get along. You know what, I think he’s even in one of your classes, you probably seen him before.”

JinYoung walks into the house with bags of school supplies and other items in hand. All his shopping done for the start of school tomorrow. He smiles as he thinks of the presents he has for his two sister.  Walking up the stairs he rushes towards JiHye’s room, only to stop and the smile slip from his face.

There’s muffled cries coming from within the room. Concerned, he quietly and slowly opens the door, to see JiHye sobbing into her pillow. Looking up with bloodshot eyes, she rushes to JinYoung clinging onto him, crying into his chest,

“I hate him! I hate him! I hate him. JinYoungie, why would he do this to me!?”

And once again JinYoung watches as his beloved sister cry her eyes out, hears her heartbroken sobs. And his heart breaks with hers.  

-

A group of student’s walk towards the gates of the school, for their first day back from school.

“How’s JiHye Noona?”

“Yeah how is she?”

“…Not good. That’s for the concern though, guys. It just happened, so it’s still…”

“Damn. From what you told me, she gave her heart to that dude, even I could tell.”

“She was certain he was her one…” JinYoung stops in front of the gates, “…HanSol, is there anyone called JB that’s in any of our classes?”

HanSol looks at JinYoung weirdly, “Uh yeah? Why?”

“Seriously?”

“Yeah, Im JaeBum, he likes to go by 'JB'. He even uses JB on his school assignments. You know, chem class where we have to mark other student’s test. …don’t tell me…”

“Is he here right now?”

“Oh yeah, that bastard’s here. Right at the left end locker.” HanSol points out the student.

JinYoung looks over and identifies the one HanSol is pointing to, he watches the student smile and laugh with other classmates. This causes JinYoung’s blood to boil, cause how dare he. How dare he stand there, joke around with others, laugh with others; when JiHye is at home still crying and heartbroken. The more JinYoung watches the scene, the more he thinks of when he was holding his crying sister in his arms. 

JinYoung clenches his fist and stomps right up to ‘JB’, “How dare you,” and socks him straight in the jaw. And stomps away from the male lying on the ground.