One Day At A Time

Glowing Hearts

One day at a time. That’s what JaeBum tells himself every single day, today is no different.

Every day for Im JaeBum is the same. He gets up, goes to school, attend classes, listens to JinYoung’s insults at least once throughout the day, play some basketball, do homework, eat, then go to sleep. That’s was the typical life of Im JaeBum.

-

Park JinYoung and Im JaeBum has never interacted throughout the entire 10th grade. Until randomly one day, the first day of their 11th school year, JinYoung comes up to JaeBum and verbally spits at him and punches him in the jaw before walking away. Later on that day, JaeBum finds out why through the rumor mill. Apparently JaeBum had some fling with JinYoung’s sister before breaking her heart during the summer.

JaeBum tried to explain the situation (cause this did not happened, JaeBum was out of the country for christ sake), but of course JinYoung didn’t listen. With JinYoung (JYP High’s Star dancer & swimmer) publicly shunning JaeBum, it caused the entire school to shun him as well.

Insults have been integrated into JaeBum’s life since then. Now, in his senior year, these insult have not died down. Everyday JaeBum keeps to himself, keeps his head high, and tries to ignore what is thrown at him.

-

JaeBum feels the hard shove on his shoulder as he watches his books fly across the hallway floor.

He hears the laughs of students as he sighs and starts picking up his sheets.

“Opps, my fault~. Morning JB.” JaeBum hears JinYoung's mocking voice.

“Morning, Jr.” JaeBum reaches for his last textbook, only for it to slide further down the hall. JaeBum looks up from the leg that kicked his textbook to its owner’s smirking face.

“Opps~” JinYoung smirks before turning around and walking away from the scene.

JaeBum lets out another sigh before going to gather up the book and walks to his first class.

-

“Hey you!”

JaeBum feels a ball of paper being thrown at his head. He looks up from his notebook to look at JinYoung behind him, whose leaning against his desk surrounded by his gang of friends.

“I’m hungry. Go buy some bread.”

JaeBum rolls his eyes and ignores JinYoung turning back to his notebook.

JaeBum hears JinYoung kick the desk in front of him and feels a wack of another paper ball to the back of his head (this time a lot harder). JaeBum looks behind him once again, "YOU DEAF? I SAID, GO BUY ME SOME BREAD.” And sees JinYoung whip another paper ball towards him only to miss this time and lands on his desk beside the notebook.

JaeBum slams his notebook close, and grits his teeth, before storming out of the class room to the cafeteria.

He can hear the laugher and hi-fives burning in his ears, and JinYoung’s smirk burning on the back of his head.

-

JaeBum dribbles the ball before he shoots it into the hoop. Deciding to take a rest, JaeBum sets the basketball down by the hoop and grabs a drink from his water bottle.

JaeBum feels a hard smack on his shoulder causing him to choke on his water. Wiping his mouth with the back of his hands, JaeBum sets the water bottle down. He turns around and sees JinYoung and his crew playing ball with his basketball.

JaeBum grits his teeth, “Give it back Jr.”

JinYoung obviously ignoring him, dribbles the ball before shooting it in the hoop, shouting “SCORE!”

“I SAID GIVE IT BACK, PARK JINYOUNG!”

This causes the crew of boys to stop and stare at JaeBum.

JinYoung glares at JaeBum, “Fine.”

JinYoung then proceeds to whip the ball at JaeBum, catching the other off guard. The ball hits JaeBum squarely on the stomach, knocking the wind out of him, JaeBum crumpling on the ground in pain.

“Let’s go.” JinYoung walks towards the body on lying on the ground before stepping over it.

JaeBum watches JinYoung walk away and hears what the others say as they walk around him.

“What a loser.”

“Loner.”

“Freak.”

He watches them walk out of sight, before groaning and sitting up.

“One day at a time, JaeBum-ah.”

 

Everyday JaeBum tells himself…

One day at a time.

 

 

A/N: Hope you enjoyed the first chapter =) Sorry for the shortness but.. yeah it's going to happen more than often. Next Chapter will be the official start of the plunny =)  Also THANK you so much for your comments, subscriptions and upvotes ^_^ 

Lots of Love~ DBG7 <3