Losing You Brings Only Pain

Losing You Brings Only Pain

Chapter 5

 

Yunho held onto Yuri’s boot. He had come upon it today, during his walk. He remember pulling it off of her feet the other day & hadn’t taken it back with him since he was too worried about her ankle he had forgotton about it. Now, sitting on his sofa, he was looking at it. He wondered how she was now. He hope her ankle was alright. Yunho picked up his phone & dialed the doctor's number.

 

Yunho put the phone back down & ran a hand through his hair in disbalief. She hadn’t been here when the doctor arrived then where had she gone? Yunho was starting to get worry. He had thought that she had left with the doctor but it turns out that the doctor hadn’t seen anyone here & had left. Had she found her friend & left with them? Yes, that’s it. Well, at least that thought made him feel better. Yunho look back at her boot, ‘I wonder if she realize that one of her boot is missing.’ He smiled to himself.

 

Yuri lean back on her pillow. She was bored & wanted to go out & do something, anything beside lying in bed. She hated this, bound to the bed. It was just like when she was young when her heart was weak, she had spend months in bed. It was scary. Back then, she was afraid to sleep, afraid that she wouldn’t see tomorrow. Every night was like a nightmare, not knowing if she would wake up. Lying in bed now brought back all those feelings. The image of her parents, their red eyes, their tears, the pain, she never wanted to go down that road again, & she prayed that it will never happen again.

 

Yuri closed her eyes & the picture of Yunho appeared in her mind. She felt his warmth, saw his smile. Just thinking about him made her tingle all over. She blushed, remembering the feelings he stirred in her. His touch. Oh, it brought her body alive. Never had she felt this way. She wanted to feel his arms around her again. Yuri let out a sigh, push Yunho’s image out of her mind. She couldn’t let herself think about him nor the feelings she felt for him. She didn’t want to fool herself. She didn’t have time. She couldn’t do that to him, couldn’t cause him the pain, here today, gone tomorrow. There was no future. The thought of not being able to share her life with Yunho made her heart ache but Yuri push back her tears.


“Hey, what’s wrong Yul? Why are you crying?” Changmin asked her, as he sat down on her bed, next to her. He pulled her into his arms. Changmin embrace brought back the image of Yunho holding her & she started to cry even more. Yuri realize that she was falling in love with Yunho. She almost laugh to herself. They had only met once but he had invaded her heart, had knocked down the wall she had built around it. Everything was going just fine. She had manage this far not to let anyone enter her heart but he had somehow manage to enter & she couldn’t push him out. It hurts to know that she wouldn’t be able to experience these feelings, wouldn’t have the chance to love him. Yuri cried her heart out.

 

Yuri took the tissue Changmin gave to her & wiped her eyes. She lean back on the pillow & tried to smile at Changmin who was looking at her & waiting for her to tell him why she had been crying. Yuri didn’t want to tell him. He couldn’t help her. No one could, “Are you going to tell me or do I need to beat it out of you?” Changmin said, as he lean forward, preparing to tickle her, “Hmmm, just like you to pick on a weak person.” Yuri replied, & smile. Changmin laughed, “You, my dear, are stronger than a bull. I’m sure you can tear me to shreds so don’t try that tactic. So, what’s wrong?”

 

“I accidentally moved my ankle & it hurts, thats all.” Yuri lied, not looking at him. She was a hopeless liar but it worked. Changmin got up to take a look at her ankle. It was looking better now. It wasn’t so swollen like before, “Its healing. You should be able to walk again, by tomorrow. I know its depressing staying in bed Yul, but just one more day okay, girl?” Changmin said, moving back to sit down on her bed again.

 

“I’m sorry for ruining your day.” Yuri said to him. Changmin looked at her & took her hands in his & gently gave it a squeeze, “No need to apologize. It wasn’t your fault. Well, at least you gave me an excuses to go home early.” He gave her a smile, “You know me, not the outdoor type. Oh, !” Changmin cursed, “I forgot all about Yunho. He’s going to kill me. I better call him.” Yuri watched as Changmin spoke with Yunho on the phone. Yuri wanted to hear his voice. She wanted to lean forward but thought against it.

 

“I’m sorry, man. Something came up so I had to leave. I know, I know. What? When are you going? Ah, yeah. Hmmm, your leaving tomorrow night? I see. Okay, I will talk to you later.” Changmin said, ‘He’s leaving?’ Yuri’s heart sank as sadness filled her heart. She will never see him again. Tears started to gather in her eyes but she held them back, “What was all that about?” Yuri asked Changmin, when he was off the phone, “Yunho’s leaving tomorrow night for work. Something’s wrong with the construction site he’s working on.” Changmin said, “Too bad, I was hoping to introduce you & Taeyeon to him but maybe some other time.”


Yuri wiped a tear from her eyes. As soon as Changmin had left, the tears had started to fall. He was leaving tomorrow. She would never see him again, never get to feel his touch, see his smile, hear his voice. Not that she would ever get to experience them again, but the thought of never seeing him again, compelled her to cry even more, ‘Stop being a cry baby.’ Yuri told herself, ‘You know that you can’t allow yourself to fall in love. You will only bring pain to him. Let go of him now while your feelings aren’t that deep.’