Losing You Brings Only Pain

Losing You Brings Only Pain

Chapter 19

 

Changmin stop at the front door & called out after Taeyeon but she wouldn’t stop, she just kept running. Changmin was about to chase after her when he heard footsteps coming from behind. He turn around to see Yuri running down the stairs & Yunho wasn’t that far behind her. What the hell was Yunho doing?! He shouldn’t be running when he couldn’t even see but he seem to be doing great for a blind person right now. He came down the stairs with ease & didn’t even fall. Yuri didn’t know why Changmin was standing like a lost boy at the door with his jaw opening. He wasn’t even looking at her. Curious, Yuri stop running & turn around to see Yunho coming down the stairs. Oh, my god. Yuri started to panic, expecting him to fall but he didn’t, he reached the bottom of the stairs & smiled at Yuri & Changmin.

 

“How the hell did you do that?!” Changmin asked, regaining himself. Yuri didn’t even move. She was just as surprises as Changmin & she was staring at Yunho in wonder. Yunho realize that they both didn’t know that he had regain his sight & decide not to tell them, wanting to play with them, “I don’t know. Pure luck I guess.” Yunho told them, trying to keep a straight face, “God, don’t ever do that again, Yunho. I swear I thought you were going to fall & break your neck.” Changmin said worriedly. Yunho apologize as he saw the worried look on Yuri & Changmin’s face. His action had scared them both. He hadn’t realize that before but it was too late. Yuri, seeing that Yunho was alright, turn around to face Changmin but she didn’t see Taeyeon, “Where’s Taeyeon, Changmin Oppa?” Yuri asked Changmin. Yuri covered with her hands. She realize her mistake as soon as those words were spoken. She had been so worried about Yunho & Taeyeon that she had forgotten about her pretense in not being able to talk.

 

“You...You can talk?” Yunho asked her. Yuri notice the shock in his tone, “What’s going on?” Yunho asked in bewilderment, looking at Changmin but Changmin didn’t say anything as he was staring at Yuri. Yunho turned Yuri to face him but she didn’t look at him but stared at the ground. Yunho was confused. Why had they lied to him? Why had they made him believe that he have never met this nurse, that she couldn’t speak? Yunho was confused & angry. How could they lie to him? Why had Changmin lied to him? Weren’t they friends? Wasn’t he supposed to help him regain his memory? How was he supposed to regain his memory when these people were keeping things from him, stopping him from remembering?


“I want to know what’s going on! I want to know why I have been lied to!” Yunho shouted out to them both. He shook Yuri, wanting her to explain but she pulled away from him & took three steps back. Yunho didn’t try to hold her back when he saw tears in her eyes when she turn to look at him. He saw the pain in her eyes. Why was she crying? Did he hurt her? He didn’t mean to shake her so hard but he was having a terrible time controlling his anger as he felt betrayed. The people he thought was his friend was lying to him & it was hard for him to accept that. No one spoke & the quietness was killing Yunho as he wanted the answer but no one was willing to give it to him.

 

Changmin walked up to Yuri & put his arms around her. Yunho watch as Changmin wipe the tears away from Yuri’s eyes. There was something familiar with the way Changmin was touching her & it was like Yunho had seen this before. The sight of Changmin holding Yuri was cutting into his heart. What he saw he didn’t want to believe. Their closeness told Yunho that there was something between them. Yunho didn’t want to believe that. He wanted Yuri but the truth was ripping at his guts. She didn’t belong to him, he couldn’t have her because she belong to Changmin but how can that be when the images that are now floating around inside his head told him that she had belong to him. He didn’t like the way Changmin was holding onto Yuri, didn’t like their closeness. She was leaning into Changmin & her tears kept falling with Changmin reaching out to wipe her eyes again, but Yunho grab onto Changmin’s hands, “Don’t touch her!” Yunho yelled at Changmin. Changmin stared back at Yunho, “You can see?” Changmin asked, full of surprises. His answer was Yunho’s fist smashing into his cheeks.

 

Images where floating around inside Yunho’s head, images of Yuri & him together, image of their kiss in the storm, the forest, their passionate night together. He felt the love they shared, saw the love in her eyes as she accepted his kiss. Slowly, his memories were coming back to him but not all of them, only the images of him & Yuri, the love they had both share. Yunho was even more confused now. If his memories were real then Yuri & him had shared a wonderful love. If so, then why had he been told he didn’t know her? Why had she been reluctant to tell him who she was? Why was she leaning into Changmin? Oh god, could it be that she had fallen out of love with him & now love Changmin? Had she lost her love for him during his recovery from the accident? Was that why they had lied to him, afraid to tell him the truth, afraid that he wouldn’t accept this, accept the fact that his best friend had stolen his love, the one woman he love with all his heart?

 

The realization of what was happening hit him like a ton of bricks that it knock the breath out of him. He understood now but anger replace the pain in his heart & before he knew what he was doing, his fists made an impact with Changmin’s cheeks. Yunho heard Yuri screaming for him to stop but he was too angry to stop while Changmin was taken by surprises, lost his footing & stumbled back a couple of feet. Yunho step forward to grab him but Yuri stood in front of him & held her arms out to stop him but he just pushed her aside & continue to approach Changmin. Changmin duck away from Yunho’s oncoming punch but Yunho knowing that he would do this, knee him in stomach, making Changmin loses his breath with the impact, grab his stomach & fell down on his knees. Yunho pulled Changmin up & was rising to punch him again, but he didn’t get to land his punch as Yuri was holding onto his hand with tears in her eyes & pleading for him to stop.

 

Yunho was drawn into her eyes which was full of sorrow & pain. He felt pain inside his heart & didn’t want to hurt her, didn’t wanted to causes her pain. He had lost his control & it was too late for him to say sorry. It was too late for him to win her back when she already belong to Changmin & the only thing he could do was accept that. Suddenly, his head were filled with different images. Everything rushing back to him. All his memories rushing back to their first meeting, their storm kiss, the cabin, the fire, their passionate night, the coffee shop, her refusal to give their feelings a chance to grow, ‘It was only a fling, nothing more’, her words rang inside his head, the image of her & Changmin hugging, the kiss they had given each other. Everything fell into place.

 

Oh god, what had he done? Everything he had thought earlier was wrong. The returning of his memories rip his heart to pieces. Yuri had never belong to him. What they had share was just a fling like what Yuri had said at the coffee shop. She would never be his because Changmin was her boyfriend, had been before he came into the picture. No wonder she didn’t want to give their feelings a chance. No wonder she left him without a goodbye. Yunho didn’t know what to do. He wasn’t confused anymore but he felt bad towards Changmin. How could he have blame Changmin? It was his own fault. He was the one at fault. He was the one who deserve to be beaten up for he was the one who had fallen in love with his best friends girlfriend. Yunho lowered his fists, making Yuri let go of his hand & move towards Changmin to see if he was alright.


Yunho lean down to help Changmin to his feet. Yuri, thinking that Yunho was going to hit Changmin again, frantically cover Changmin with her body. Seeing her protect Changmin had shattered his heart into million of pieces. Just when he thought he couldn’t feel anymore pain, she brought in more pain, “Yuri, its alright, I'm not going to hit him again.” Yunho control the pain in his voice. He didn’t want to let them know the agony he was going through right now. Yuri & Changmin looked up at him. Both of them stare surprisingly up at him, “You remember?” They both asked, at the same time. Yunho gave them a nod & it took all of his willpower to smile down at them.