Losing You Brings Only Pain

Losing You Brings Only Pain

Chapter 26

 

"Fetch the priest, quickly." Yunho said to Changmin, as he laid Yuri back down onto the bed. Changmin ran out of the room, his heart pounding against his chest. Yunho had asked for a priest, does that mean that Yuri was still in danger? Was Yunho accepting the truth now? Was he summoning the priest to read Yuri last rights? Changmin’s eyes filled up with tears. This was it. The end but it was so hard to accept. How can Yunho give up like this? How can he let go now that she had awaken? Had that not proven that she still have a chance? The hastily summoned priest stood by with his prayer book in his hand, patiently awaiting his turn. Yunho slipped his hand into Yuri’s & nodded for the priest to begin, "Hurry." He urge softly. The priest made the sign of the cross & began giving Yuri the last rights, "What in the name of god are you doing?!" Yunho demanded, looking up at the priest, "Administering the last rights." The priest said, confused "How dare you?!" Yunho was outraged, "I sent for you to marry us!" Yuri glance up at Yunho, surprised as tears slid down her cheeks. Changmin almost lost his breath as he heard those words.

 

"Yunho Oppa, no, don’t do this." She moaned. Yunho turn to look into her eyes, "Yuri, our mistake wasn’t sharing our love when we had the chance. Now that god has given us another chance to make up for our mistake, let’s not throw it away. Let us love & live for each other. Let us not fight our feelings when we can love, live & share our life. Everyday is a life together. I don’t want to be greedy & ask for eternity when I can have you here now. Let us live for today & cherish our time together. Its the only thing we have, the only thing that I have to hold on to. I live for today; I'm not greedy enough to want tomorrow. Be my wife if only for a day? Please let our love combine its all I ask of you. Don’t take this chance away from me? Don’t leave me without letting me become apart of your life? If you love me then let me live with you in your last hours."

 

Yuri reach out & touch Yunho’s cheek. She loved him so much it hurts her to see him like this & it was her fault, she had brought this pain upon him. She had wanted to protect him from these pain & had failed. She wanted to ease his pain so much. She couldn’t deny him what he so much wanted, to share his life with her, to deny him would break his heart & she couldn’t do that. She knew that she couldn’t take away all his pain but she could lessen it by accepting his proposal.

 

"Well, what are you waiting for? Can’t you see she’s in agony?" Changmin’s voice startled the priest. The priest looked momentarily confused but one glance at Yuri’s face told him exactly what he must do, "We are gathered here in the sight of god to join this man & women in holy matrimony." He glance worriedly at Yuri then rushed on, "Do you, Yuri Kim, take this man, Jung Yunho, as your wedded husband, to love him, comfort him, honour & keep him in sickness & in health as long as you both shall live?" Yuri’s eyes glittered & all watching thought they saw her nod.

 

Taeyeon stepped over to the bed & place her hand on top of Yunho’s which in turn covered Yuri’s, "I will say my sister’s vow for her." She murmured, "I, Yuri Kim, take this man, Jung Yunho, to be my wedded husband, to have & to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness & in health, to love & to cherish, till death do us part." Taeyeon wiped her tears away & smiled down at Yuri.

 

Yunho’s clear voice rang out, rushing through the vows as quickly as he could, "I, Jung Yunho, take this women, Yuri Kim, to be my wedded wife, to have & to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness & in health, to love & cherish, till death do us part." Mrs. Kim slipped off her 18k white gold ring & gave it to Yunho. Mr. Kim smiled at his wife & he too, slid off his 18k white gold ring & handed it to Yunho, "Take our rings, it has our blessing." He said, as he place it in Yunho’s palm. Yunho turn to them & thanked them.

 

Yunho slip Mr. Kim’s ring onto the third fingers of Yuri’s hand & brought it up to his lips. He reached out & wipe the tears that were trailing down her cheeks. She tried to smile up at him but wince in pain instead, "I pronounce you husband & wife." The priest’s words trailed on. Yunho turned immediately to the priest, "Thank you, father. That will be all. If I need you, I will send for you." Yunho turned back to his in-law’s who were valiantly trying to muffle their sobs, "I promise you I will love her."

 

The pain of Yunho’s voice made Yuri ache. Tears shimmered against her eyelashes. It was wrong that he had to live with her illness, wrong that he exhaust himself over her when all he would have as a reward was her death. It pained her to know this & she prayed that he will survive her death. She had tried to save him from this pain but now that wasn’t possible. Their life was now linked together & she wanted to make the most of it, wanted to be near him & feel him against her morning, noon & night, "Oppa, take me home with you?" Yuri whispered. Yunho gently her cheeks & kissed her on her lips.


"Yuri, you can’t leave the hospital, dear." Mrs. Kim’s worried voice rang out, "Mother please, I don’t want to spend my last moments here. I don’t want to waste it lying bound to this bed. Please let me go home with my husband? I don’t want to die here. I want to be with my husband. I want to spend as much time as I can with him." Yuri cried out. Mrs. Kim turned to her husband for his help but her husband place his hand on her shoulder to quieten her down for he knew that Yuri didn’t have much time left & it was her last wish & he knew that being with Yunho would make her final moment peaceful. They all watched quietly as Yunho & Yuri drove away from the hospital in Changmin’s car.

 

WARNING: the next chap. might contain some ual contents