Losing You Brings Only Pain

Losing You Brings Only Pain

Chapter 28

 

After midnight came the first of many dreadful night of tears & pain. Yunho knew that Yuri was still an extremely sick women. He had manage to keep her alive through a critical time & that she had no reserves of strength left. He knew that her strength was fading away & may not help carry her through another crisis. Yunho also knew her pain was constant by the way she moan & cringe in her sleep. Yuri was fighting for him & it pained him to watch her do it alone. He would do anything to take away her pain but this was a fight he could only watch & was comfort knowing Yuri was fighting against it, instead of lying hopelessly. Staring down at her face, Yunho willed back the tears that threaten to form. Tears were weakening to both of them. From now on, he would do only what was strengthening.

 

The bond between them strengthened with each passing day & night. She was everything to him. Joined like this, Yunho felt she was apart of him, her breath, her blood, her bone, her pulse, her heartbeat, her pain & her very life. Yunho smiled into the candle light. Yuri & Yunho spent most of their day in bed, loving each other, holding each other, never separating until the darkness melted into morning.

 

Changmin & Taeyeon, both held their breath as they watch Yunho bravely hold his hand over Yuri’s heart to see if it was still beating. He felt tears flood his eyes the moment he detected her heartbeat. To Yunho, it felt amazingly strong, "She's very much alive." He said, smiling through his tears, "She's sleeping." Yuri opened her eyes, "She was sleeping." Yunho amended, as Taeyeon & Changmin looked on with extremely relieved faces, "My love." Yunho murmured, bending over her tenderly, "Look who has come to visit us." Yuri slowly turned to her side & smiled at them. She was happy to see them as she missed them so much.

 

"I want some fresh air." Yuri said in a strong clear voice. The pain she had been experiencing lately had seem to die down. The power of Yunho’s love had given her strength. She had fought a painful battle & had won. For now, she would enjoy the victory & pray that it would last until a heart came along as this was a fight she would fight until the end. Yunho left her side to open the window but she held onto his arms, "No, I want to go outside, Yunho Oppa." Yunho bent down to pick her up into his arms but she shook her head, "Help me walk." Yuri pleaded. Yunho experience on small moment of panic but then he began to laugh joyfully. He thanked the sun, moon & stars in heaven that she had taken her first steps in her attempt to recovery. Yunho knew that Yuri lived for the day when she wouldn’t need to lie hopelessly on the bed. She hungered & thirsted for the world & everyone in it who she cared for.

 

Changmin & Taeyeon followed Yunho & Yuri outside. Yuri closed her eyes & raise her head to the sky while the sun shone down on her as she took in a deep breath, "Oh Yuri, your doing much better. You still look pale but I know your strength is coming back." Taeyeon cried out, as she hug her sister tightly. Yuri didn’t seem to be listening. Her eyes were glued to the doorway, watching for Yunho who had run in to collect a velveteen utility jacket for her. When he finally emerged into the sunshine, she asked in reverent tones, "Isn’t he wonderful?"

 

Taeyeon’s brow swept up as she realize what Yuri was saying, "Yes, he is, Yuri." As Yunho approached, Yuri held out her arms to him. Immediately, he pulled her close to steal a kiss, "Your fragrance is so heady it steal my senses." Yunho whispered into her ear. Changmin watch as the two lover embrace, happiness & pain mix inside his heart. He felt Taeyeon touch his arms & he smiled down at her.

 

"Splendor of god, I know you are both in love but must we stand here all day watching you two lovebirds kissed?!" Changmin demanded, with a straight face, "You uncouth lout, the blush will never leave her face now." Yunho said, winking at his friend, "Ha, it’s not me who put the blush there. I know what both of you been up to under the covers." Taeyeon elbowed Changmin in the rib as Yuri gasped & her blush deepened. They all started to laugh. Yuri’s laughter was like music to their ears as it had been so long since they heard it & they all missed it.

 

"Oh Yuri, you look so much better. Doesn’t she look much better, dear? Look, even her cheeks are rosy again." Mrs. Kim said, as she grab Yuri into her arms for a tight squeeze, "How can I see when your holding her so close? Oh my, your right, my dear, indeed she does." Mr. Kim said, as he pinch Yuri on the cheeks. Yuri wanted to cry but she force her tears back, seeing her parents now made her realize how much she missed them, "I miss you so much." Yuri wrap both of her parents in her arms, "We miss you more." Mrs. Kim cried, pulling away from her daughter to wipe her tears away.

 

"Yunho, thank you. Thank you so much for bringing our daughter back to us. We are forever grateful to you." Mr. Kim cried, pulling Yunho into his arms & squeezing him tight, "Dad, your choking him!" Yuri cried out in laughter. Mr. Kim quickly release Yunho, "I’m sorry about that son." Yunho smiled back at his father-in-law & put his arms around his shoulder, "Father, you don’t need to thank me. It's your daughter we need to thank. She’s the one who wouldn’t give up & fought hell to stay here with us." Yunho said, looking straight at Yuri. The look she saw on his face was neither relief nor gratitude. The look she saw was love. A tear ran down her cheek & she dashed it away with trembling fingers, "My husband's love has given me the strength I have never knew I had." It was obvious to everyone in the room that Yunho & Yuri were in love & seemed to fall deeper in love each day.

 

Taeyeon squeezed Changmin’s hands as she knew he was suffering & it pain her to witness this. She knew that he was happy for Yunho & Yuri but with that happiness came a terrible aching & she wanted to help erase that pain. Changmin was fighting to keep a straight face since he wouldn’t allow them to witness his pain & the only time he would let it out was at night in his room.

 

That night, after all the Kim resident had retired, Yunho gathered his wife into his arms, "Sweetheart, thank you for giving me the chance to share my life with you. Thank you for fighting death to stay here with me." Yunho said, kissing her forehead. Yuri touched her finger to his lips, "Hush, love. It was your love that save me & gave me the strenght to fight." She smiled up at him, "I love you, Oppa. It’s important that I say it & more important that you hear me say it & know that I mean it with all my heart." The lovers spend the night proving their love for one another, "Yuri, will you always love me as you do tonight?" Yunho said, wrapping his arms around her, "Every day I live to love you, Oppa. I would fight heaven & hell to stay forever wrap in your embrace, my love." With those words, the two lover fell asleep.

 

"Morning." Yuri said, as she place a kiss on her parents cheeks, "Your up early, my dear. Why didn’t you sleep a little longer?" Mrs. Kim said, as she filled a glass up with juice & handed it to Yuri, "Mother, if I stay in bed any longer I think I would go insane." Yuri smiled & swallowed her juice, "Even if I was there to share the bed with you, my dear?" Yunho said, as he entered the kitchen. Mr. Kim let out a roar of laughter, "I will pretend that I didn’t hear that." He said, once his laughter died down, "What did I miss?" Taeyeon asked, as she entered from behind Yunho, "Nothing, sweetie, & thank god for that." Mr. Kim said, as he return to his newspaper. Taeyeon place her hands on her hips & looked over at Yuri, hoping she would tell her why her father had been laughing so loud but Yuri just smiled up at her & gave her a shrug.


Yuri walked over to Taeyeon who was standing outside on the balcony. She reached out for her sisters hand & gave it a squeeze, "Taeyeon, I'm sorry for hurting you." Taeyeon pulled Yuri into her arms as tears filled her eyes, "Oh Yuri, it is I who should say sorry. I have been so selfish & cruel. Its all my fault. I have been so wrong in my feelings. I thought I love Yunho Oppa but I realize now that it wasn’t love I felt for him. He was a challenge & when I realize this, it was too late since the damage had been done. I nearly ruin your chance with him. If it wasn’t for me, you wouldn’t have to go through the pain of sacrificing your love for him. Oh Yuri, please forgive me?" Taeyeon cried. Yuri squeezed her sister tightly, "Oh Taeyeon, your my sister. You would have done the same thing for me if you were in my shoe. Its not your fault since it was a choice I made." Yunho watched the sister as they hugged each other, "Taeyeon, I'm sorry for saying those harsh words to you back then. Please forgive me?" Taeyeon let got of Yuri & ran over to hug Yunho, "Oh Oppa, you don’t need my forgiveness. It is me who should be asking for your forgiveness. I’m so sorry for hurting you, for hurting Yuri. Please, both of you, forgive me for my foolishness?" Yunho smiled down at a Taeyeon & ruffled her hair, "Let’s put this all behind us." He said, & the three of them hug each other.

 

A/N: i'm sorry but this is all the update i could do for today since i have to take my younger brother, niece & nephew out to buy there halloween costume since its just a few days away from halloween. i will be back again next week to update more & i do hope i will be able to update more for you guys