The Porcelain Boy

The Porcelain Boy

Posted on 16 Dec 2014


 

“Onew hyung!” Taemin was bouncing with joy at the sight of his husband at the door.

 

It was the day of their ‘date’. He had woken up early that morning, haven’t really slept though, took a long morning shower and then took some time to dress up. He made sure to look good for Jinki.

 

Taemin was slowly getting used to the big bed and empty space in the lonely cold nights. As much as he doesn’t want to overthink this, two weeks without coming back home sounds a little difficult to be excused by work. Since the day he made a pact for the date, he had been looking forward and that helped keep his spirits up each time he fell asleep without his husband by his side. By now he would’ve guessed that it’ll be meaningless questioning why his hyung wouldn’t come back to sleep. Each time he popped by his office, he could enjoy a little skinship (even it’s just for show, he’s kind of grateful), and then spend some time talking to Jinki.


Like before, they never ran out of things to talk about, with Taemin mostly the one talking. Because he couldn’t sleep well at night, Taemin sometimes falls asleep in Jinki’s office while he went out for business meetings. Previously, he had the idea that it might be because he’s spending so much time in his hyung’s office that he has to stay overnight to finish his work. The younger tried to live off a day without his hyung, so just maybe he would come home. But in the end it was a day of false hopes and he decided he wouldn’t be able to take another Jinki-less day.

 

Jinki ruffled Taemin’s hair affectionately, pleased to see the bouncy boy. For today, it wouldn’t be too much to go lenient on himself, that he didn’t have to hold back on showing just how much he loves and protects this dongsaeng. Especially after the one-week abstinence, it took a whole lot of resilience and perseverance.

 

“Let’s go.” Jinki smiled kindly, naturally reaching to hold Taemin’s petite hands.

 

The two of them walking down the streets, hand in hand, appeared nothing near strange. People were casting them second glances as they past, but they were never looks of disapproval; the way they look together was natrural. Despite so, the two were completely oblivious.

 

Today was a day where they felt completely themselves; the closeness just like before. It brought back cherished memories of their friendship and they both know they were going to enjoy the picnic trip. 

 

Finding shade under a sturdy old tree, Jinki placed the mat while Taemin set up his array of picnic goodies he had specially prepared for this occasion. When the elder was studying in Seoul, Taemin had some time to learn cooking from Kibum. He hoped Jinki would love it.

 

“Wow, you made all this? Daebak!” Jinki praised, truly amazed.

 

Taemin giggled, bathing in the compliment and he now knew the tortured hours spent was all worth it. He took a bite-size ham sandwich and place it in front of his husband.

 

“Say ah~”

 

Jinki chuckled and complied, taking the sandwich in one mouth. Satisfied, he did the same for Taemin. It seemed nothing unusual, even when Jinki took a bite out of an apple and then feeding Taemin another side of that same apple, until another couple walked past and saw them.

 

“Yeobo, look at that! So sweet! Why won’t you do that for me?” The girl complained playfully.

 

Taemin blushed red at that comment, slowly crunching off the apple fed to him. When he looked up, Jinki was focused on something else in the distance, still munching on the apple. He could see the pinkish tint on the tips of Jinki’s ears.

 

They both sat in a comfortable silence, enjoying the cooling breeze and watching the cotton clouds float by above them. Taemin observed the people going about their business; children playing, couples dating and some brought their pet dogs out to bask in the sun. He had a tiny shock when Jinki had his hand behind the younger’s ears. Taemin felt behind his ears to feel a small stalk of flower on it.

 

“Just as I thought! Ah...yeppuen...” Jinki sighed in contentment looking at the pretty boy in front of him, “As beautiful as when I last saw you before I left for Seoul.”

 

Taemin couldn’t help the spread of crimson across his cheeks and the widening smile upon his lips. He hates being called pretty, what with his physique and the annoying fair skin. But it’s different when Jinki says it; because he knows the other sincerely means it, and he liked that very much.

 

Woof!

 

“Ah!” Taemin yelped.

 

A dog had ran over and pounced on Taemin, causing him to fall backwards onto the mat.

 

“Corgi! Get off and come here!” Minho came running from the distance.

 

He squat down and opened his arms, and that had the little golden pup to run back to its owner to be leashed up.

 

“Minho hyung!” Taemin chirped happily as he got up.

 

The tall man walked his dog over, waving to Taemin. He didn’t notice Jinki until he too got up and stood behind the youngest.

 

“Hyung! I didn’t know you have a pet puppy!” He beamed brightly, showing his teeth.

 

“Yeah,” He scratched behind his head, “Umma picked it off the streets for looking so pitiful and adorable.”

 

Taemin kneeled down, allowing the puppy to and sniff all over his face. He giggled as its whiskers tickled into his ear, and it only made him adore the pup even more. He began ruffling its fur and scratching behind its ears, that had Corgi bark in delight. 

 

Jinki laughed together with his husband, entertained by how he was having fun with the dog. Minho, on the other hand, seemed to have different thoughts in mind.

 

After that, Minho crashed on their Sun-date and chose to be completely oblivious to how Taemin was starting to grow uncomfortable with his presence. It was his precious day with Jinki and no matter his friendship with Minho, he just wanted to be alone with the elder. It was getting obvious as his eyebrows furrowed and his lips forming a pout, and Jinki couldn’t help but think that perhaps Minho impose on them wasn’t arguably that bad of an idea. Taemin looked really cute like that. Jinki didn’t enjoy the extra company too, he just wanted to have the day listening to Taemin talk forever. But now Minho was just making friendly conversations, and the couple merely nods and smiles. Corgi too was getting tired, laying quietly by Taemin’s feet, allowing the boy to pet him soothingly.

 

“Taemin-ah, what’s this silly flower on your ear? It’s such a sore eye.” Minho chuckled casually, reaching to pick the bud off. 

 

Taemin blushed uneasily. How was he supposed to reply to that? And it’s true he loved the flower Jinki put on him, the flower Jinki gave him. He quickly took the flower from Minho’s hands and hid it behind him, smiling brightly and shrugging.

 

“Anyway, as I was saying, I’m surprised Corgi’s so drawn to you. Maybe we could walk him together sometimes, you know, when Jinki hyung is at work.”

 

“Or you could come around to my house to play with him.” Minho suggested thoughtfully.

 

Too thoughtful when his hand that was ruffling the maknae’s hair slipped down to caress on his neck.

 

As the skies got darker, the park began to empty out as everyone else prepared to head home for dinner. Only then did Minho decided they should all end the day out and go home, not caring what the couple could have planned. As he helped to pack up, his hands kept accidentally bumping into Taemin’s. The youngest of course didn’t think much of it, since Minho was nothing more than a good friend and a good hyung. On the other hand, Jinki was definitely feeling the open challenge Minho was directing his way. 

 


Thanks for reading! ♥♥♥