The Porcelain Boy

The Porcelain Boy

Posted on 12 Dec 2014 


 

“Taemin! Over here!” Kibum waved exaggeratedly in his seat at the little café just a few streets away.

 

Kibum stood up for a big bear hug from Taemin. He gave a light squeeze and a smack on the younger’s for familiarity’s sake.

 

“A-ah!” Taemin gave a tiny squeak.

 

Which left an annoying smirk on his best friend’s face, “I see you did it. I taught you well, Taemin-ah. So proud of you.”

 

Kibum pretended to wipe a tear from his eye, “How was it? Was it good? Was he good?”

 

Taemin promptly returned the smack on the diva’s head with a glare, “It was all your fault, so no thanks to you!”

 

The maknae explained what happened after he left that night, and the following morning, the constant hot blush never leaving his face. Initially, Kibum found it hilarious! But when he saw the watery orbs of Taemin then did he understand the graveness of the situation.

 

“He had on a straight face in a situation like that the entire time.” Taemin sniffed once, “Jinki hyung obviously has no interests of that sorts towards me!”

 

“Our first night, hyung slept on the chair the whole night!” He sniffed a second time hardly, “It must be my lousy ! I didn’t manage to make him feel good!”

 

The boy stomped his feet cutely, attracting a few glances from the other customers of the café. Kibum had a look of sympathy, patting the younger’s back in a comforting manner. He knows Taemin must be embroiling himself in another session of self-loathing and -reproach.

 

“Tae, you know it’s not-” Kibum tried to console the poor boy.

 

“Key, he…Jinki hyung didn’t even sleep at our place last night. He went back to his own house.” 

 

Kibum spent the next hour trying to calm his dongsaeng, reassuring him that he’s only thinking too much. He told Taemin to look for either himself or Minho to spend time with him if he’s feeling lonely. They’ll always be there for him.

 

“Just call me if anything’s amiss, alright?” Kibum sighed, “Or Minho. I’m out of town for the next month for an art exhibition. Get that pianist.”

 

Taemin blew his nose in the handkerchief Kibum lent him and nodded.

 

“Meanwhile, try to talk to Jinki. Maybe it’s because you haven’t seen each other for a long time, the closeness may have faded a little.” Kibum started rambling, forgetting how his advice turned out for Taemin.

 

“Do the things you used to do together! Make yourselves familiar with each other again.”

 

“The first time you introduced Jinki to us, I could feel his hawk-eyes just examining us from head to toe. He must be really protective of you and you must be really special to him.” He smiled kindly.

 

Hearing that, Taemin’s eyes lit up, regaining hope that Jinki may have just been a little distant these days. Perhaps he’s just honestly busy with work at his appa’s office. It must be that he’s not yet accustomed since he came back, and not that he was deliberately avoiding the maknae.

 

***

 

“Onew hyung, can I talk to you?” Taemin requested meekly, standing outside the office of Soo Hyun’s company.

 

Heads were turning over to look at the pretty boy, quite drawn to the charming flair eluding naturally.

 

“Hey Tae.” Jinki walked suavely over to his husband’s side and placed a small kiss on his forehead.

 

Taemin blushed further when Jinki took his hand in his and gave it a squeeze. Jinki boldly placed his palm over the younger’s waist and led him to his own office. Taemin could feel eyes on him and it made his heart race. Jinki only let go after he’d closed his doors, giving the boy some space.

 

“Sorry about that…I just wanted to make it seem real, now that everyone thinks we’re together.” Jinki explained ruggedly, sitting behind his wooden desk.

 

Taemin sat on the opposite in the swivel chair, “It’s fine! I don’t mind it!”

 

He said with such enthusiasm that it brought an amused chuckle to Jinki.

 

“So Onew hyung, I was thinking, if you’re free the next weekend after this, may-maybe we could have a picnic in the park? I-I missed you, and I want to spend some time with you.” Taemin’s eyes were staring furiously at his tangling feet under the table.

 

“I would love that very much, Taemin. But you’ll have to listen to me when we’re out, or else you’ll fall sick again.”

 

“I won’t! Now that I have you by my side!” The younger grinned widely.

 

But it only reminded Jinki how he was only in this contract to keep his dongsaeng safe and sound. He smiled back handsomely.

 

“By the way, Onew hyung. Are you coming home tonight? You didn’t yesterday, and the bed was so big and empty. I p-promise I’ll not do that again…”

 

Jinki wanted a bite of Taemin, how he could look so adorable at this age. He’s not too afraid of Taemin pouncing on him, but rather it’s the other way around.

 

“I’ll try. Though you don’t have to wait up.”

 

Taemin jumped up from his spinning chair and wrapped his arms around Jinki’s neck, pulling him in for a tight hug. They both unaware of how the scent of the other recharged them for the rest of the day. 

 

As the younger left the office, Soo Hyun came in. He saw the boy leaving and smiled, seeing the happy face of the kid. Though he was puzzled why Jinki had been sticking in the company for hours too long for his shift.

 

“Jinki-yah,” Soo Hyun replaced the spot where Taemin last sat, “Why are you here? Didn’t I already say you could take a few days’ leave to accompany Taemin?”

 

His son shook his head, “Appa, I’ve got so much to do since I came back. I can’t afford to take time off.”

 

“Surprising. I would’ve thought you would be excited about the marriage, and eager to spend time with him.”

 

“Trust me, I am.” But he may not be, “I’ll be taking him to the park the week after.”

 

Soo Hyun stayed for a while more, catching up with his son and more explaining on the functions of the company while he was gone. He was happy for his son, but even he could feel an unexplainable sense of loss from Jinki.

 

Time quickly flew by as Jinki worked through the night. When he was done, he went back to his house for a shower and then to bed. He never went back again tonight.

 


Annyeong! Mianhae for the super duper late update. I was kind of lazing around but here's a short update to continue the story! 

Thanks for reading!