The Porcelain Boy

The Porcelain Boy

Posted on 19 Oct 2014


 

When Taemin awoke the next morning, Jinki was not in the room anymore. The sun was shining in, warming up the small room to a cosy temperature. He wanted to stay in bed curling up in the position he is in now – knees bent comfortably towards his stomach.

 

Without much thought, Taemin straightened his legs trying to turn over to his cool side. He felt the acute prick, instantly reminding him of his humiliation in front of Jinki. He also found himself already in shorts, evidence that his husband must’ve cleaned him up before going out. Letting out a soft pessimistic sigh, he carefully turned over on his side, facing the bathroom door. There on the nightstand stood a small bottle of ointment. Taemin reached to grab the bottle, studying it - it was a balm for treating minor bruising and abrasions for children. He smiled at the comforting thought that Jinki must’ve prepared it especially for him…and then the embarrassing flush clouded his mind immediately. He let out a groan, urging himself to forget everything.

 

The boy decided it’ll be best if he treated himself before his day started. Taemin helped himself up on his elbows warily, and held his breath before flipping over on his knees. He stopped momentarily to ease the soreness in his backside, then removed his shorts. Resting his head on the pillow, his was raised up as he twisted the bottle cap off. Using the cotton swab on the bedside table for him, he dipped one end into the medicine.

 

Taemin reached behind and dabbed meticulously around, trying to treat the right spot. It brought a stinging sensation wherever the balm went over the affected area. He hissed at the cycle; because each time he felt pain he ended up applying a little more pressure.

 

He hadn’t realise when Jinki walked him on him, in his awkward posture treating himself. It was only when Jinki clicked the door shut and locked it that Taemin froze. He quickly attempted to quit all this and pulled the covers over to hide away again. As if it wasn’t mortifying enough yesterday night.

 

“Taemin…” Jinki started, “L-let me help you.”

 

He stalked over to his side. Taemin could feel the dip in the bed and the warmth as his husband sat beside him. He ducked deeper into the comforter.

 

Jinki gently pulled the blanket down and he could feel the younger resist. Knowing the headstrong boy, Jinki yanked at the material and pulled it completely off. Ignoring his protests, he hoisted the boy to his previous position with his buttocks in his face.

 

Bearing no other thoughts, Jinki’s heart ached at the raw and reddened skin. He took the ointment from Taemin’s firm grip and pressed his index finger in the bottle. Jinki rested one palm over Taemin’s left hips to soothe him, then dab his medicated finger lightly over his hole.

 

“Ah!” The alcohol sting coupled with the fact that it was Jinki’s finger made the younger flinch at the touch.

 

“Mi-mianhae.”

 

Taemin’s hand balled the bedsheets in his fists now that every swipe and dab aimed right at the pained spot.

 

Jinki smeared more of the balm on his finger and repeated, this time with butterfly brushes. He also blew soothingly over the spot to cool the burning tingle. It made Taemin blush realising what Jinki was doing.

 

It made Taemin fluster, because as much as the blowing was helping to ease the pain (by a lot), he couldn’t control the twitching that followed. And it was all exposed to Jinki. He tried to keep his calm in vain, clenching his fists and curling his toes.

 

It felt like hours and finally Jinki was done. He put on Taemin’s shorts for him properly and helped him back into his cotton cocoon in bed. He went in to bathroom to clean his hand before coming to sit on the chair by the bedside, next to his little husband.

 

“Taemin-ah, about yesterday night,” Jinki began dryly, “You didn’t have to do it.”

 

“W-we’re not official, I’m not expecting and neither will I force you to do the things couples do…Behind closed doors, you don’t have to do things you don’t wish to do.”

 

“You don’t have to treat me differently. We could do the things we used to do...like how we always eat together, or bath together, or even sleep together..as best friends.”

 

Jinki was living in his own cage. He was definitely surprised by what happened. He was very conscious of Taemin’s take in this marriage, and bothered if the younger was unhappy. He was afraid of anything that could change or destroy their precious friendship. They were close beyond just friends and what they have was unlike any other. He was all the more afraid he wouldn’t be able to leave when the time comes. If he couldn’t take things forward, then with all his might he would safeguard this relationship. And he promised to protect Taemin, which meant forbidding a repeat of last night.

 

“O-Onew hyung…” Taemin said quietly, “Then could you stay in bed with me? Cuddle me when I’m hurt, like before.”

 

He had a sudden urge and missed Jinki’s touch, and the only way was to act like a child in front of his hyung, wishing him to give in.

 

“Taemin, I wish I could. But I’m going back to appa’s office to help him. I’ll be back tonight. Rest well.”

 

Jinki quickly exited the room before his restrain melted. In a way, he wasn’t lying when he said he had to help in the office. But Soo Hyun would chase his son back to Taemin if he said the younger needed his husband. Taemin in bed and asking for Jinki to hold him in his most vulnerable moment was unquestionably another accident waiting to happen. Jinki wasn’t the same person how Taemin used to know anymore, he isn’t a saint with pure thoughts facing the one he desires. Towards Taemin, it wasn’t a simple case of care and concern.

 

Taemin slumped his back on the mattress, watching Jinki’s back as he left. He was feeling a lot less distressed with the ache in his backside, but the thumping in his heart hasn’t subsided. It felt like little electrifying tingles in his fingers, he couldn’t stop remembering how gentle Jinki hyung was as he touched and treated him in his most intimate place. Taemin laughed internally, quite amused for finding it a pity that their ‘first time’ was something like that.

 

Just like before, Taemin took out the book Jinki had given him when they were younger and began to read it again. By now he’d almost memorized the entire book word by word; so good he could probably quote his favourite line in any chapter you wanted. He spent the day reading, paused in mid-day for some food as he was getting hungry, then went back to snuggling and to continue where he left off.

 

When he finished, the skies had grew dark and Taemin eventually realised he’d spent his first day as a married man in bed, alone. And that . He figured he should be taking a bath before Jinki comes home, so he could use the bath immediately when he’s back from work.

 

Being alone all day was really a mental-breaker for Taemin. It was usually fine, because there was always Kibum and Minho to talk to him. Of course, his friends knew better than to call on Taemin the day after his weddng. And the maknae had yesterday’s night incident to add on to his list of unsettling thoughts. He swears the next time he sees Kibum, he’s going to knock some brains out of that useless head. Shaking his clothes and the worries off, he took a long soak in the lukewarm bath.

 

When he got out, he didn’t forget to clean the fogged up mirror. And standing in front of his reflection, he felt pretty ashamed of his body; it was exactly what his appa had described. It made him feel bitter, and in an instant he was covered in his nightwear. He also applied the ointment again, so he’ll be more comfortable by tomorrow morning. Before stepping out, he filled the bathtub with hot water for Jinki to use later.

 

As he came out, their bedroom door clicked open and Jinki stepped in.

 

“Onew hyung, you’re back!” Taemin nearly jumped on him to hug him.

 

Jinki returned the hug, and he smelled like he had already taken his shower.

 

“Hyung, you took your bath already?” The younger asked innocently.

 

He nodded, “Yes, back at my house. I thought it was pretty late, so I took it before coming back.”

 

“Oh.” Taemin answered with a hint of disappointment.

 

It wasn’t like he was going to take a bath with him (like Jinki said they could), or it wasn’t like he was going to do scrub his back like lovers do. But it definitely felt like Jinki didn’t want to come home.

 

Taemin decided he wasn’t going to make a big fuss over it. 

 


Thanks for reading! (◕‿-)

P.s. Updates may come in slow lately as I'm nearing my exams. Sorry guys :(