The Grief

The Lover in Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

No One’s POV

After the heartfelt moment, Sky remembered the boys. She hurriedly went downstairs and saw the boys cleaning up the dining table. “Boys, you don’t have to do that. I can do that by myself.”

 

“No, it’s okay really. We know you girls needed your time alone and we thought that it wouldn’t hurt to help out so just relax.” Jimin said with a grin plastered on his face.

 

“Well, here. I hope you guys don’t mind sleeping in the living room. And thanks again by the way.” It’s the first time Sky flashed them a sincere smile that came from her heart.

 

The boys were melting inside. The smile’s effect just took place. Whatever they were thinking, it sure was connected to Sky. She looked like an assassin but still she has a pure heart.

 

The night was really serene. They don’t know why but they can’t fall asleep at all. The boys and the other members of POISON were chilling in the living room, watching a movie. Sky was sitting alone at the chair beside the swimming pool.

 

Why do I feel so uneasy? Something is seriously off but I can’t put a finger on it. Something terrible is about to happen and I know it. I hope it’s not too terrible. She kept fiddling with her fingers when suddenly a phone call came.

 

‘Sae Unnie’

A smile crept into her face and she answered the long awaited call from her dearest cousin.

 

Sky: Yeoboseyo? Sae unnie, is that you?

RiSe: Sky!!! Gosh, I miss you so much, you little brat! How’s POISON? I haven’t got the chance to even meet all of you directly. Love your debut stage by the way!

Sky: Haha… Geurae? Thanks for the compliment. POISON is holding on greatly, thanks to your tips. How’s the other member of Ladies Code?

RiSe: They’re great!!! I’m just heading back to Seoul with my members from the KBS music show in Daegu.

Sky: Can you stop shouting to the phone, unnie? I might be deaf after this.

RiSe: Sorry Sky! It’s raining here so I thought that you can’t hear me well with the rain sound in the background.

Sky: Did you bring the teddy bear that I gave you?

RiSe: Of course I do! I bring it everywhere I go. It’s my lucky charm. I miss *STATIC* so much *STATIC*. I promise I’ll *STATIC* to meet up *STATIC* you.

Sky: Unnie, I can’t hear you clearly. There’s static. What did you just say?

 

Then she heard tire screeching and a loud crash on the other line.  Sky can feel her stomach flipping and she started to worry.

 

Sky: Yeoboseyo? Unnie? Unnie, are you still there? What happen? Unnie!

 

And then the line went dead. She was hoping that RiSe is alright. She kept pacing back and forth and she felt a little giddy because of the loud crash that she just heard.

 

The girls went outside to find Sky pacing back and forth which can only mean that she’s worried over something. Her left hand clutching her phone tightly while her right hand lightly tapped her chin.

 

“Is everything okay, unnie? What happen?” E.M went to her and made her sit on the chair that Min Min had pulled for her. They felt anxious too by just watching Sky being all silent and nervous.

 

Sky’s face was paler than usual and it just made them worried more. “You guys know Kwon RiSe from Ladies Code right?” She finally said (actually more to a whisper).

 

They all just nodded slowly taking in the information that they just received. “She’s my one and only cousin and we were just talking on the phone just now. But then suddenly the line went all static and I can’t hear what she said last. The last thing that I heard was a screeching tire and a loud crash from the other half of the line and then it went dead. I’m really scared. What if something happened to her?”

 

They didn’t know what to say but they tried to calmed her down. When Sky felt that something is wrong, they knew that something is bound to happen. Her guts never fail to predict things but this kind of thing that involved her family, she can only see bits and pieces of it.

 

They were too worried of Sky that they decided to pack their things and went back to Seoul. The boys went back to Seoul too because of their schedule.

 

Irae’s POV

I’m really worried watching Sky unnie like this. She must’ve been really close to RiSe unnie. Mera unnie drove the car with Sky unnie sitting anxiously on the front seat.

 

She knew this thing is coming but she didn’t know what will happen. Mera unnie drove back to our dorm and we started to unpack. Sky unnie was still holding onto her phone, waiting for a call from RiSe unnie.

 

I told her to have some sleep because she seems really tired. I guided her to our room and tucked her into her bed. I went to the living room and sat next to Nana unnie who was at the time searching for Ladies Code on the internet.

But then, I heard her gasp and I knew something bad had happened.”Emm… Girls, I think all of you should check this out.” My heart started to skip a beat and my eyes felt like it’s about to pop out of their socket.

 

How come you don’t know?-Kim Jongkook

 

LADIES CODE EUNB DIED IN A CAR ACCIDENT

Members of Ladies Code had a terrible accident after the KBS music show in Daegu. Unfortunately, EunB died on the way to the hospital leaving the two other members of the K-pop girl group in critical condition.

 

The 22-year-old singer, whose real name is Go Eunbi, was injured after the van she was in skidded off the road and crashed into a protective wall at around 1:32 a.m on a freeway near Yongin, Gyeonggi-do Province. She was transferred to a nearby hospital but died despite the efforts to save her.

 

According to a police investigation, EunB was not wearing her seatbelt when the driver lost control of the vehicle. The fatal accident also left two other members, RiSe and Sojung badly injured, while the other members sustained minor wounds.

 

According to the group’s agency, Polaris Entertainment, RiSe received a severe head injury and will undergo hours of emergency surgery. Her condition was not revealed by the company.

 

The group had been heading back to Seoul after participating in a KBS music show in Daegu at the time of the deadly incident.

 

My jaw dropped to the floor and I held my breath for a while. How are we going to tell Sky unnie about this? Everybody started to wear the same expression. Panic. As if she heard me, Min Min said in a low voice.

 

“Who’s going to get the news to her? This must be really hard for her.” All of us were quite sad to hear the news. We haven’t even met them. I’ve heard their song and I love .

 

“Let me do it. This is gonna be hard but we have to do it.” Nana unnie spoke with true grief in her voice. She went slowly to my shared room with Sky unnie and knocked softly on the wooden door.

 

The sound resonated in the whole dorm and it broke the silence for a moment. After a long silence, Nana unnie went out of our room. Nana unnie closed the door gently and then I heard Sky unnie’s soft cry.

 

I really wanted to comfort her just like when she comforts me when I was sad. But Nana unnie told us to leave her alone.

 

Nana’s POV

I can literally hear Sky’s heart breaking apart. It was really painful to watch her impeccable cheeks printed with trails of tears. It really breaks my heart watching her eyes bloated because of the crying that hadn’t subside.

 

It’s been an hour since we left her alone and she hadn’t stopped crying. We bought some food for her to eat and finally decided to not let her be anymore. “Sky, here. We bought your favourite cheesy nachos. You haven’t eaten anything yet since last night. It’s not good to leave your stomach empty for so long.”

 

Her crying was decreasing by the minute and she ate the nachos halfheartedly. After she finished her food, she leaned on her bed while her knees up to her chest.

 

She was silent all along and I just can’t do anything but to pat her back gently. When she finally let her guard down, we were heartbroken to see the sparkle that she always have in her eyes disappeared.

 

“Come on, Sky. Get yourself ready. We’re going to the hospital to visit all of them. I know she would be really happy when she know that you’re there.”

 

Sky stood up silently and walked lifelessly into the bathroom. This was not the first time that she went all silent but this was the first time that we had seen her felt so terrible.

 

She must be really close to all of them. If not, she wouldn’t shed a tear for them. I haven’t experience the feeling of losing someone but it must’ve been really painful to actually make someone as tough as Sky to crumble to the ground.

 

We never saw this side of her. The darkest side of Kwon Sora.

 

Sky’s POV

I can’t feel anything anymore. Only numbness filled my heart. My whole world turned upside down and the cycle started again. The feeling from way back came to me once again. I think I already knew where this is going.

 

All of the members of Ladies Code is one of the first real friend that I ever had. Before they even debut, I already knew all of them due to Sae unnie’s unstoppable babbling about them. I also went to Polaris once to meet them.

They were really nice to me and I felt attached to them, the same way I feel with my members now. After I was ready, we went to Anam University Hospital where they were submitted to.

When the car was parked, I went out and walked lethargically to the entrance of the hospital totally forgetting my disguise. Then a thousand flashlight blinded me and people started to ask me questions.

 

“What are you doing here?”

“Where have you been on your vacation?”

“What is your connection with the members of Ladies Code?

 

I calmly took a deep breath and answered all their question. “I’m here to visit my cousin, Kwon RiSe. Me and my members went to my vacation house in Ulleung-do before our real schedule started. Ladies Code is one of my close companion. We’ve known each other even before their debut days.”

 

I put up my façade and smiled weakly to them and then the bodyguard that I knew was from SM came to me to their assigned room. Ashley unnie and Zuny were wide awake but still they suffered with the scars and some broken bones.

The bodyguard left us and I saw Ashley unnie and Zuny are crying. I can’t help myself but to shed another tear. As soon as they saw me, they went to me and hugged me tightly. The both of them just had minor injuries and they were healing at a slow pace.

 

Can I love again?-4Men feat. Davichi

 

“Sky!!! Eunbi is gone!!! She’s dead for real. I made a joke about her dying because sajangnim would kill her with his blabbering and now it came true. What are we suppose to do? Is RiSe gonna be alright?”

 

I can’t hold myself from crying in the arm of Ashley unnie. Hearing them wail was seriously painful but I had to be stronger to at least lessen their pain. I’m exposing my weak side to my members today. Let them see the real me. I can’t always be the strongest one in the group.

 

When they were tired of crying I tucked them into the bed and left them with the rest of my members. I excused myself to go and visit RiSe unnie. I saw her frail body lying lifelessly on the bed through the large glass window just outside her room.

 

The body that used to belong to the most vibrant and hyper member of Ladies Code. I knew that this might be the last time I’m going to see her in person.

 

I stood beside her looking down to the person that I’ll miss. I knew that she can’t bear it anymore. I knew she’s going with Eunbi unnie soon. Without realising, tears flowed down my face and it turned into a sob.

 

I sat beside her holding her soft small hand in mine. “Unnie, do you remember when we were kids you used to bring me up the hill behind your house and we’ll exchange our little secrets with each other? I miss that unnie. I’ll miss you badly, unnie. I’ll miss your endless random chatter that’ll end up with those tips that you always gave me. I’ll miss your hyper smile. I’ll miss your silly dance that always made me smile. I’ll miss everything about you. There’s still a lot of things that I wanted to share with you but I guess this is the goodbye that you mentioned to me before.”

 

I wiped away the tears from my cheeks and started again. “I always love your overprotectiveness and I’ve never felt tired of it. I love those little talks that we used to have before sleep. I always miss movie nights with you. I always miss everything about you. And now I’m going to miss it forever. I’m sorry for not spending much time with you. I’m sorry for every stupid things that I’ve said and done. I really wish that we can be like when we were kids but I guess it’s too late now. I really don’t know what else to say but you know that I’ll always be your little dongsaeng. Forever.”

 

Every memories flooded back and it made me silently praying that she’ll go through this and she would just wake up and hug me like she used to but I know that’s not going to happen.

 

She always treated me like we were blood sisters. The fact that I’m going to see her away was just really unbearable. She had been like a mother to me. She always knew my problem.

 

She always lend me her shoulder for me to cry on and the affection that she never fail to show to me made me wondering that maybe we’re destined to be really close to each other. I never saw her give up on me and it made me feel useless that I can’t even be strong for her.

 

The hole in my heart seems to deepen and widen again with the departure of another lovely person in my life. I can never stop myself from missing the people that had left me.

 

I can see the future clearly now. She’ll undergo a brain surgery which was aborted because her blood pressure went down to a dangerous level. I knew this part. It’s farewell.

 

“Unnie, send my regards to my parents, Soohyuk oppa, Eunbi unnie and your parents. Tell them that I’ll always remember them and I miss them. Please take good care of yourself, unnie. Don’t worry, I’ll be just fine here. I have my members to take care of and I’ll try my best to be like you. The person that’ll always be there for the greater or for worse for their loved ones. I promise. I’ll be better.”

 

I smiled bitterly to her and finally wiped away the tears from my cheeks. I went away after pecking her cheek for maybe the last time. My hands were trembling and my legs felt weak. I can’t even think properly right now.

 

I’m going to miss you unnie. Can I love someone dearly like you again, unnie?

 

No One’s POV

Sky was really depressed. She held onto RiSe’s hands all night. The girls were really worried. She hadn’t eaten anything and she doesn’t want to. The surgery didn’t go well. Just like she predicted but she still cried relentlessly hugging RiSe’s body tightly.

 

“Why did you leave me, unnie? Won’t you miss me? Please! Open your eyes! Unnie, please open your eyes for me…” Her uncle and aunty were there with Jinyoung.

 

Jinyoung cried along in her arm. Watching her cry was always the hard part for him. He didn’t like it. Her face was scarred with those terrible tears and the eyebags under her eyes weren’t helping either.

“Noona, uljima. Jinyoung don’t like it watching noona cry like this. Jinyoung is still here with noona, remember? Jebal uljima, noona. Himnae.” Jinyoung tried to calm her down and she started to hug Jinyoung tig

Please log in to read the full chapter