D-Day

The Lover in Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

Irae’s POV

Oh My Goodness!!! How did the 5 days go away so quickly? Oh God, I’m going to die out of nervousness! Not yet, Irae! Not yet! At least not now.

 

“Okay girls, we need to be there in about an hour. Come on. We’ll be late for your makeover and your hair hasn’t been done yet.” I heard Byul unnie in the living room.

 

I hurriedly got out of our bedroom. I saw all of the members in the living room. “I’m the only one who was late? Why didn’t you call me earlier?” I looked at all of them and they were already dragging me out of our dorm.

 

We sat in the van and all of us were seriously looking like we could die in a few seconds. “Wow! Would you believe it if I said that we are debuting after just being a trainee for 5 days?”

 

Of course all of us just shook our head at Nana unnie. She didn’t believe it herself. Well, who would? Being a trainee should take you at the least months but we were just being a trainee for just 5 days.

 

I was shaken to my core when we finally arrive in front of KBS building. Venoms were all roaring when we stepped out of our van. We waved to them with a bright smile on our face except for Sky unnie.

 

She still had that scar in her heart. We tried to heal it but of course nothing will erase it. It’s really great that our Venoms understand her condition. We entered the KBS building with our heart racing faster than a hummingbird can flap their wings.

 

We walked through the hallway to the backstage of Music Bank and we saw our room with our name on it. “This is it. It starts here.” Sky unnie said before we entered the room.

 

We were getting ready and our stylist weren’t there so we have to choose our own outfit. I was having yet another panic attack. But then somebody put an outfit on my head covering my eyes.

 

“Put that on or I’ll have to do it for you.” Of course it’s our Fashion Goddess that chose our outfit for debut today. We all said thank you to her. She’ll always be our saviour if the problem is fashion.

(From Left to Right: Nana, Min Min, E.M, Mera, Irae and Sky)

I love this outfit so much unnie. Gomawo!!! She immediately winked at me with the most beautiful smile she ever had. I never thought that she can smile that brightly just any day.

I was trying to wear the high heels that Sky unnie had told me to wear. It was really hard to wear. I prefer my comfortable flats than this but unnie said that I can’t perform with flats. Nobody had performed on stage with flats she said.

 

I sat on the floor just to wear it comfortably. Just after I wore the heels I realised that I can’t get up from the floor. Nobody was in this room with me because the others were going to buy coffee and bubble tea for Sky unnie.

 

I was in my own crisis when suddenly the door burst open. “Congratulations POISON! Wait, where’s everybody? Irae, where’s the rest of the member?” It was EXO.

 

“They were going out to buy coffee at the cafeteria. Can someone please…?” I haven’t even finished my sentence when they were suddenly gone out the door. I was really frustrated but then I realise that Luhan oppa was still in there.

 

“Oppa, can you help me get up from the floor? I was putting my high heels while sitting on the floor and now I can’t stand up. Clever me.” He chuckled softly and gave me his hand.

 

He was about to pull me up but then he lost his balance. And then things started to happen. He was hovering over me and we were staring at each other’s face. His face was extremely great up close. His cheeks looked so soft that I just want to hold onto them forever.

His eyes were just dazzling. I thought that I could get lost in his eyes forever. Just then our face was closing in until our nose was touching each other. I can’t help but to close my eyes. I was really enjoying the moment but then the door was almost knocked over.

 

“Yah, Irae! I already told you not to...” Mera unnie stood there without continuing her sentence. Then the other member of POISON and EXO also stood in front of the door gaping at us.

 

The last person to arrive was Sky unnie. This is not going to be good. At that time Sky unnie was just wearing her sneakers but still in her outfit for the debut. “Yah, Luhan! What are you doing to my dongsaeng?!!???” I knew she had something in mind.

 

She did a backflip on purpose just to scare Luhan and its working. Mind you, she’s in a dress. She gave her killer gaze and it’s enough to make all of the people inside the room to shudder.

“I was just helping her and I fell onto her. It’s just an accident. I swear!” Being the teaser that she is, Sky unnie cracked her knuckle and her neck. I swear I just saw an intimidated face on the boys faces.

 

Whatever you’re doing, go with it, unnie. I really love this. You scared the daylights out of the boys. Haha… This is just so funny. I really can’t hold my laughter any longer.

 

“Cheesecake!!! Chukhahae!!! Oh, sunbaenim. What are you doing here?” JungKook said when he came into the room.

E.M’s POV

“Well, we came to congratulate our hubae for their debut. The question is what are you doing here? And who’s cheesecake?” Chanyeol asked with a puzzled face. I kept looking at JungKook while holding my laughter.

 

“Yah, cheesecake! You haven’t told them? Aish, this girl is seriously going to be the death of me. I’m Jeon JungKook from Bangtan Boys and I’m Jung Eunmi’s best friend.”

 

Now I was laughing when I saw him doing that silly introduction. “Haha… Mianhae, cheese ball. You look so funny right now.” He went to me and pinched my cheeks.

 

“That’s for making me feel embarrassed. How dare you, cheesecake!” Then the whole room started to laugh at us. “You look so cute together. Are you sure you’re just best friends?” Min Min asked me while wiggling her eyebrows.

 

By the time they stopped laughing, the stage coordinator called for us and Suho and Baekhyun for interview before our debut performance. “You got 5 minutes, girls. Get ready, okay?”

 

The nervousness started again and my palms were sweating. “Cheesecake, stop worrying so much! You’ll be fine. They’ll love you guys. Go, they’re waiting for you. Fighting POISON!”

 

I started to calm down a bit. He’s Jeon JungKook for a reason, you know. We went backstage and we took a peek at the crowd. There’s like a thousand people outside. They were cheering for their favourite idol group.

 

“Hey, you girls are the 5 days trainee from SM, right?” All of us turned to our back and saw who was talking to us. It’s Sandara Park from 2NE1. I can’t utter a word but it’s really great having a cold member. Sky unnie answered her because it started to feel awkward when nobody answered.

“Yeah… At first we thought that LSM was just kidding but then we found out that he wasn’t and here we are.” Dara unnie looked at us and smiled gently. She put a hand on Sky unnie’s shoulder and squeezed it a little.

 

“Yah must be fun. Being a trainee is seriously a pain in the . You guys are lucky that you didn’t have to go through the pain. Anyway, I’ll be watching with the other member of 2NE1 so do your best okay? We’ll be crashing your after party.”

 

Then she waved to us and went down the hall. Not long after that we were told to go to the stage where Baekhyun and Suho were. They’ll be interviewing us. I felt a little relieved.

 

Min Min’s POV

We were on the stage and the crowd goes wild. We waved to them and gave our sweetest smile. After we realised that we were smiling, we all turned to Sky unnie. She smiled too!!! Is this a dream or what?

She looked so cute with a smile on her face. “Wah, look at the fans. Anyway, here we have the new and famous 5 days trainee from SM. They all looked so cute. Please introduce yourself.”

 

Suho oppa was seriously being cheesy right now but we did it too anyway.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m the Clumsy Leader, Hwang Shinyoung but call me Mera.”

 

“I’m POISON’s Mommy, Park Hanna. Call me Nana!”

 

“I’m The Ray of Light, Ri Rae Jung. Call me Irae.”

 

“Black Pearl here! Real name, Jung Eunmi but just call me E.M.”

 

“Happy Rapper in the house! I’m Song Hyemin. Min Min for short.”

 

“Put your hands up in the sky! I’m the Ice Princess, Kwon Sora. Call me Sky.”

 

They were all dumbfounded when they saw Sky unnie being so hyper. Who wouldn’t? Your usual Ice Princess being all smiley and warm to people was just beyond weird but awesome. It’s really rare.

 

“We’re your cure, POISON imnida!”

 

Then all Venoms started to take picture of us. “Okay. How does it feel to be debuting just after being a trainee for 5 days?” Baekhyun asked to all of us. All of us shook our head while sighing heavily.

 

“It’s really hard but it’s a great experience. We had to work extra hard and we can’t even blink our eyes especially if you have Sky in your group.” They were all confused by Mera unnie’s claim. We were all laughing at them but then we saw Sky unnie pouting.

 

“How dare you guys say that?” She then went to all of us and started tickling us. We were laughing and we stopped when Suho disturbed us. “Look at them! Aigoo, you guys were already this close just after 5 days? Daebak!”

“Oh yes and about Sky, she’s really fast when she taught us the choreography for all of our songs. We can’t blink because if we do we’ll miss a step. That’s how hard it is when you’re with Sky.”

 

All of the audience laughed too and Sky unnie was scoffing in the background which made everyone laughed harder. “Okay, you girls better get ready for your debut stage. We all wish you good luck. Fighting! We’ll be watching their debut stage after the comeback from INFINITE, Be Back.”

We went backstage and we were squealing like mice that got cheese. “Oh god, Sky! Why did you smile so brightly today? You nearly killed our Venoms with a heart attack.”

 

“I think my scar had been scratched away. I just realised it now that I already had my dream and I think he wanted me to actually just move on and be happy.” Okay, that is totally unexpected. We’ve tried a lot of things and the only thing that made her scar gone was just debut day.

 

Just then INFINITE went to us and Sungkyu just hugged Nana unnie. Heol! What just happen?

Nana’s POV

Did he have to do this? My heart just skipped a beat several times. I felt like the butterflies in my stomach were having a wild party. Just when I was enjoying the feeling, he let go of me and looked into my eyes.

 

Those beautiful eyes of his were just really mesmerizing. I always saw that sparkle in his eyes. It never seems to die out. He looked really cute in his outfit for his comeback.

 

“Chukhahae, Hanna-yah! You’re all grown up now. You look really pretty today.” He flashed his pretty smile. I can’t seem to forget his way of expressing his feelings through his face.

 

“Gomawo, oppa. You look handsome too. Guys, I forgot to tell you that Sungkyu oppa is my friend’s oppa so I knew him.” Why do I have to introduce you as my friend’s oppa? I really wanted to introduce you to all of my member as my namchin! Can’t you hear my heart right now, Sungkyu?

 

My eyes enlarged when I realised that Sky would’ve heard my thoughts. Then I saw her looking at me. Of course you heard that. Sky, please don’t tell anybody else, okay? I’ve liked him since we were in our childhood. Just let this be our secret.

 

I saw her nod to me with a smile. “Yah, Park Hanna! Are you in there? I said I had to go. Wish me luck and I’ll wish yours.” I nod to him and he finally left with a smile on his face.

 

We waited nervously in the backstage for INFINITE to finish their comeback stage. Their song, just made me feel like Sungkyu actually wants me back. Me and my messed up mind.

 

After they were finish, we were told to prepare ourselves. “Okay girls. This is it! This is the moment that we’ve been waiting for. Let’s kill them!” We heard Sky cheered and we finally went up the stage.

 

We were standing in

Please log in to read the full chapter