The Threat

The Lover in Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

Irae’s POV

Today is going to be tiring. We went out for an interview with Entertainment Weekly. We went to the location and we were greeted by our interviewer. Before the interview we were chatting happily with the host.

 

“Your debut stage was awesome, girls. I loved all of your songs and I pre-ordered your album. Come on, we are going to start in 5 minutes.”

 

Then the camera started to roll and the interview started. “So, in this episode of Entertainment Weekly we had a special girl group that had the heart of the fans around the world with their new and popular debut song. Who are they? Let me give you a hint.”

 

Then he started to do our famous wave dance from Full Moon. We were laughing behind the camera when we saw him do it. When he stopped he was blushing and he started to bow to the camera.

 

“Sorry for the dance. Anyway, have all of you guessed who’s it going to be? Yes, you’re right! It’s the one and only POISON! Welcome girls!”

Then we started to bow to the camera and gave our best smile. “I’m your biggest fan. You girls are much prettier up close.” We chuckled at him and we also said thanks to him.

 

“Let me just ask this. Are you guys really close to each other despite you just met each other 5 days ago?” He looked at us with an amused face. We all nodded and he chuckled.

 

“Yes we are. Even though 5 days seems like a short period of time but it was really precious. We got to know each other and we even got closer every day. We are like a family now and it felt really great to know that we can count on each other.”

 

Mera unnie answered him sincerely while looking at us. She sure knew what to say. “Okay, now we’re going to answer some question from the fans!!! First question, who is the fussiest eater in POISON? From VenomForever in Bangkok.”

 

All of us then point to Nana unnie. “Yes, it’s official. I’m the fussiest in the group when it comes to food. But strangely, I ate everything that Sky had made. I’m only fussy if we’re in a restaurant or any other place, I think.”

 

He chuckled when he heard Nana unnie. “Next question! Who is secretly the cutest member in POISON? And who is the fiercest member? From Naira in Jakarta. I’m also curious about this.”

 

We were smiling and then we laughed when we saw the host expression. He was shocked when we pointed to Sky unnie. “Actually all of us are cute but surprisingly Sky unnie is both. She can be cute sometime but she didn’t like showing it to people. And her being the fiercest member is actually not a secret.”

 

Sky unnie pinched Min Min’s cheek which made us laugh again. “Wow, I can’t really imagine the Ice Princess of SM being cute. Anyway, it’s time for a question for all of the members. This is my favourite question. Who is your ideal type and why?”

 

He was really excited to hear our answer. “Let’s start with the maknae, Irae.” I was suddenly in deep thoughts. “I think it would be Luhan sunbae. He has a powerful vocal and he’s also kind and funny sometimes. And I like his smile.”

Next was Min Min. “I personally think that maybe my ideal type is closer to Jung Daehyun sunbaenim from B.A.P? He’s quite charming and I really like his smile. I’m so sorry to all of the Daehyun stan but wouldn’t you agree?”

“My ideal type would be V from Bangtan Boys. He’s charismatic and I’m also from Daegu like him. I’m sorry Jeon JungKook but I’m not going to praise you today.” Of course E.M wouldn’t praise her crazy best friend.

“You sounded like you knew JungKook really well. Is it true?” I looked at her and raised my eyebrow to her. All of us were glancing at her and she suddenly respond. “Yes. I’ve known him since we’re in high school. In fact, we’re the best of friends ever since.”

Then the host seems satisfied by her answer. “Let’s just ask Sky later. I know she’s still finding the right guy by her facial expression. So, the next one would be Mera.” All of us were clearing our throat awkwardly which made Mera unnie blushed.

 

“My ideal type would be Lay sunbae. He’s a caring and a funny guy. And I like his dimples. His dimples are cute!!!”

“And my ideal type is Sungkyu sunbae from INFINITE. He’s charming in his own way and his eyes are adorable.” After Nana unnie finished her word, all of us immediately turned to Sky unnie.

She never talked to me about her ideal type. “Umm… I don’t really have a specific guy in mind but I want him to be strong so that he can protect me. I want a guy that loved kids just like me. He must be respectful towards elder and he must be responsible towards his action.”

The host was furrowing his brows and then a smile appeared on his lips. “I think I have an idea who would that guy be. I hope you’re not mad but I think that description fit perfectly with Sparta Kim Jongkook.”

Unnie was baffled for a while but then she laughed. After a minute, she regained her composure and smiled to the host. “I do think that description fit him perfectly but pairing me with Jongkook sunbaenim is nightmare. It’s not that I don’t like him but you know my personality.”

 

Now I realised why. Their personality is totally the same. “If they were to be paired together, it’ll be total hell. They’re like clone. Their personality is surprisingly similar.”

 

I got a playful slap on my arm as soon as I finished my sentence. “What? It’s true! Jongkook sunbaenim is a tiger and our lead rapper here is maybe a dragon? They’re just in a different species but still act the same.”

 

I received the deadly glare from unnie. The host was shuddering when he saw her glare. Who wouldn’t? She looked ready to kill. I have to admit it, at some point I always thought unnie is going to kill someone with her glare.

 

Min Min’s POV

After the interview, Sky unnie had been really silent. Maybe it’s the teasing but I’m not sure. She’s being cold again. I knew something was wrong. Unnie never really stopped talking when she’s with us.

 

We’re feeling really guilty now. We were teasing her too much. “Unnie, kwaenchana?” I turned to her when we were walking out of the café after the interview.

 

She didn’t answer me and instead she walked ahead of us to the van. She sat in front with Byul unnie. She kept on fiddling with her phone. “Unnie, can we go to that famous bubble tea place that I told you before? Please. I need my bubble tea.”

 

“But Sky, we need to go to your fan meeting. The Venoms must be waiting for you guys”. She made her puppy eyes that we’ve never ever seen. “But it’ll only start after 10. I promise that this wouldn’t take long.”

I saw Byul unnie biting her lower lip while closing her eyes. “Fine! But, just this once. If we’re late, you’ll have to talk to sajangnim.”  When we were there, of course people started to gather around us.

 

We were smiling brightly knowing that people recognised us now. Sky unnie gave her radiant smile. “Can I please go through? I need my dose of bubble tea for today.” Our Venoms started to chuckle when they heard her and they gave her some space.

 

It felt great to know that our Venom respect us. When we reached the counter, we saw Sky unnie sipping her bubble tea happily. Of course our bubble tea addict had to draw some attention when she was drinking her bubble tea.

 

She always becomes a child when she is drinking her bubble tea. Our Venom squealed when they saw Sky unnie eating her chocolate like a kid. We were happy when we saw her like that. She never failed to make anyone smile.

Mera unnie went to her and wiped the chocolate from her face. “Gomawo, unnie!” She gave her cheeky smile to Mera unnie. I think that a dose of bubble tea and chocolate would make her happy instantly.

 

When we were in the van, she waved happily to our Venom at the café. We immediately opened our SNS account and uploaded our Ice Princess photo into it. I opened my UFO account and uploaded her photo when she was eating her chocolate and sipping her bubble tea.

 

‘Look at this!!! Our Ice Princess became a Cute Monster when she’s with her bubble tea and chocolate. Talk about double personality.’

 

After 15 minutes of checking my account, almost immediately a text came into my phone. Actually, text flooded my phone in that time span.

 

Is that really Sky? What the heck happened? Is she possessed or something?

-Kriscasso

 

Well, for your information it’s just the effect of b

Please log in to read the full chapter