Gotta Be You

Finding Her Way Back To Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hi everyone. Very sorry for the delay. Hope you like the latest chapter.

************

"Eonni, please calm down," Minzy said worriedly.

"Yah, it's just dinner and you won't be alone with him so why all this nervousness! You will be fine," Chae Rin assured her.

"Besides, you look drop dead gorgeous in that dress," Dara winked.

Bom looked at herself in the mirror. Her hair was pleated into a singletail fish braid which was placed to the side and she was wearing Christopher Kane's rainbow empire dress.

 

" I don't know ladies..." Bom trailed off.

"Wow, noona! You look really nice!" Youngbae complimented as he walked into his sister's room.

"See! We told you!!" The girls chorused.

"Youngbae-ah. Please drag her out now before she starts doubting herself again!"

"Ok, Dara noona!" Youngbae quickly grabbed his sister's arm and gently pushed Bom out the door.

"It's going to be a loooong nite!" Bom grumbled as she waved her cousins and best friend goodbye.

                                                                          **************

"My daughter-in-law and her family are here!  Welcome, please come in." Mrs Choi said with a big smile as she greeted Bom's family. She hurriedly went towards Bom to hug her. Bom froze. She did not know how to react to Mrs Choi.

"Daughter-in-law? I haven't agreed to the marriage!" Bom thought to herself. 

Seeing her daughter in a daze and Mrs Choi's confused look,  Bom's mother quickly replied, " Bom is just a little tired today. Please excuse her. Thank you for having us."

"Not at all. Please come in. Dinner is being served at the moment, " Mrs Choi said as she led the Park family to the grand dining room.

Minutes later, Seunghyun was seen walking down the stairs hand in hand with Sarang. Seunghyun was so gentle with Sarang as he guided her down the stairs that Bom's heart instantaneously melted at the sight of the father-daughter. But as usual, she pushed that thought out of the way in favour of the image of the 18-year-old Seunghyun who broke her heart. 

Bom was still staring at Seunghyun and Sarang when Seunghyun noticed her. He thought she looked amazing but decided to keep his cool and appear unaffected by her beauty and those gorgeous legs! Without him realizing a frown appeared on his face. Seunghyun made a mental note to ensure that when Bom marries him, she is not allowed to expose those legs of hers!

"Bom, this is Sarang." Seunghyun introduced his daughter to Bom.

Sarang immediately smiled and bowed to Bom. 

"Father-in-law, mother-in-law, Youngbae, so nice to see you again," Seunghyun bowed to the people whom would soon be part of his family.

Bom rolled her eyes as her anger slowly rose. " I haven't agreed to this marriage! Why is everyone acting as if I have?!" 

She was distracted from her anger when a pair of tiny hands reached out for hers. Bom looked down and saw Sarang holding her hand while smiling. " Kaja!" She cutely exclaimed as she led Bom to dinner. 

Sarang stayed by her side throughout dinner. She kept asking Bom to feed her and was very attached to Bom that it made Bom wonder if the Choi family had purposely used her greatest weakness-her love for children to ensure that she agreed to the marriage. 

Besides attending to Sarang, Bom kept silent throughout dinner as she was busy observing the people around the table. She thought that dinner between the two families went smoothly-Seunghyun's parents and her parents got along well and Seunghyun and Youngbae already seemed like brothers.  While she could see how all the pieces seemed to fit and that the marriage wasn't such a bad idea where her family is concerned, Bom was still reluctant to accept the marriage proposal.

"Am I being selfish? Is my pride still hurt that I can't accept Seunghyun?" Bom was confused. 10 years ago, she would have been thrilled by the prospect of marrying Seunghyun but at the moment, she could feel no such joy.

While Bom was lost in her thoughts, Sarang tugged at her arm and pointed to the grapes on the table. Bom chuckled and gently pinched Sarang's cheek,"Arasso!" 

Unknown to her just as she was observing everyone at the table, Seunghyun too was observing her interactions with Sarang. Seeing how the two got

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter