013 Times Like This

This is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note

This is more of a serious chapter. I know IU might seem to serious here for a few readers, but Yoo In Na said in a show/interview that IU actually speaks as if she was really old/wise. So I incorporated that in this fic. I've been meaning to update because I've reached 400+ subscribers. I am really thankful for you all. Please comment/upvote/share/etc. Also follow me on twitter if you guys would like to. Introduce yourselves to me. Spazz with me and whatnot! :D My username is _belleamie24 ^^

 

October 2014

 

Donghae's birthday was nearing when the news of Sungmin's marriage spread like a wildfire online. Dara started to panic after reading the comments from the Korean fans. She immediately called Donghae.

 

“Hey, is Sungmin okay?” asked Dara

 

She was concerned about her relationship with Donghae being revealed but she was more concerned with how Sungmin was dealing with things. She knows how much of a sweet guy he is too.

 

“He's having a hard time right now,” Donghae sounded tired

 

“Are YOU okay?”

 

“Slight.”

 

Dara knew she was asking if he was okay not if he was tired of her, but she started to get nervous. She remembers how guys got “tired” of her because of the pressure they were in. She was considered a burden.

 

“Do you want me to come over?” she asked

 

Donghae was contemplating on how to answer her. He truly wanted to see her, but things were too complicated. Sungmin was going through a rough patch, the whole group was trying to console him and the fans, and the company was trying to do damage control. How was he going to see Dara? It was also a bit unfair to Sungmin who couldn't see his girlfriend due to the circumstances.

 

“Maybe some other time, babe,” he finally answered

 

“But babe, your birthday is soon,”

 

“I know, but..... I don't think we can see each other,” he was slow to finish his sentence.

 

“Really?”

 

“I'm so sorry, Dara. I'll make it up to you, I promise,”

 

“You don't have to. I should be making it up to you. We're missing your birthday, not mine,”

 

“Still... We haven't missed any of our birthdays since I can remember,” he sighed.

 

Donghae was overwhelmed with how things were going. They were still going to have This is Love promotions soon.

 

“We can't force it though,” Dara was trying to comfort Donghae even though she was also sad

 

“I am really sorry, babe,”

 

“Don't stress yourself. You'll get more wrinkles and soon enough you'll look older than me,” she was trying to cheer him up

 

“I already look older than you,” he replied

 

“Lee Donghae, don't over think. I am here for you even if not physically, I am with you all the time,”

 

“I know. You're in my heart,”

 

“That's the Donghae I know. Cheesy,” Dara giggled which made Donghae smile

 

“Thank you for calling,”

 

“Remember, I'm always here,”

 

“I know,”

 

“I have to go now,” said Dara

 

“I love you, Sandara Park,” Donghae said with much conviction

 

“I love you too, Lee Donghae. Take care of yourself.”

 

Dara hung up first. She hated when they had to hang up on each other. She especially hated it when he had to go first. She wasn't so sure why but it gave her this unusually heavy feeling in her chest. Plus, she was so used to them letting the phone cut the call itself. They usually called each other at night, around 11 most of the time, and fall asleep together. One waited for the other to go to sleep and then doze off themselves. Listen to your own words, Dara. No to thinking too much. She sighed.

 

 

 

Unexpectedly, Dara received a text from JiEun.

 

From Cutie IU:

Unnie, let's have a date!

 

Dara smiled at the thoughtfulness of the younger girl. She didn't think they would maintain the friendship. Dara said “yes” without any hesitations.

 

From Cutie IU:

Let's go to a cafe? It should be fine since we're both girls! Kekeke. No scandal.

 

Dara got ready for her quality time with JiEun. She was quite excited too. She really wanted someone to talk to. It's not that she didn't want to spend time with her members, it was just that they couldn't relate to her situation the way JiEun would.

 

To Cutie IU:

Which cafe do you want to go to?

 

From Cutie IU:

How

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter