Chapter 9

Risk It

 

 

When lunch came Luhan was waiting impatiently for Chen to arrive. He feels nervous asking him for help during a time of crisis like this, but his grade and his sanity is on the line so he has no other choice.

"Chen Chen, did you know that you're the most amazing friend in the whole entire wooorld" Luhan has succeed in making the best captivating puppy dog face in the history of mankind.

Jongdae laugh at his friend's face "What do you want?"

"Well since you asked, can I join the talent show with you and Lay hyung" He flickered his eyes at Jongdae making sure he looks extra cute so he can't resist.

"Oh! Why didn't you say that to begin with instead of doing that creepy stuff with your eyes. That was quite disturbing, yunno?"

"Shut up! You're just jealous cause you don't have beautiful eyes like me" His voice full of cofidence.

"Ha! Who told you that lie? Your mom?"

"No! Xiumin did and it's not a lie!" Luhan crossed his arms together "Anyways is that a yes or a no?"

"No" He said instantly.

"B-But why noouuut? I thought we were friends?" He pouted his face.

"Why do you only act like this around me? Tsk tsk" Jongdae shock his head. "And I'm not trying to be mean or anything-

"Yes you are" Luhan rudely interrupted him "I really need to enter the talent show Chen. My stupid AP Physics teacher won't let me pass unless I enter that show. I really don't want to retake that class again"

"I honestly would let you but the song we're singing only needs three people" He stopped to think for a moment "You need to ask Baekhyun and Kyungsoo. If they both say yes, then you can join us. Okay?"

"I thought it was just you and Lay?"

"Nope"

"Oh. I'll go ask them right now"

 

 

~~~

 

"How's your relationship with Chanyeol?"

Kyungsoo looks up to look at Baekhyun. Kyungsoo hasn't been talking to Chanyeol for over a month, more like Chanyeol has been avoiding him and he never relpies to Kyungsoo's texts or calls.

"We're great" He said with a fake smile.

Baekhyun can tell that he's lying to him, but he doesn't ask any further questions. He knows Chanyeol pretty well and he can tell that he already got bored of him. He of all people should know that.

"Okay then!" He clapped his hands "The show is next and I was wondering what color shirt we should buy? I was thinking green."

"Green will make you use look like a tree" Joonmyun told him. "How about white. It will show how pure you guys are and it will compliment good with your voices-" his eyes changed direction moving behind Kyungsoo. "I guess a little deer has decided to show up"

Both Kyungsoo and Baekhyun turned around to only see Luhan standing behind him. 

"This little deer has a name" Luhan said it cooing "I came here to talk to Kyungsoo and Baekhyun"

Joonmyun got up from his seat and smiled down at Sehun "Come on Sehunnie lets leave them alone"

Kyungsoo can tell that Sehun did not want to leave but he didn't now why. He's probably just curious

Once Joonmyun and Sehun left, Luhan sat down infront of Baekhyun and Kyungsoo.

"I came here to ask you guys a favor"

"No"

Both Luhan and Kyungsoo looked at Baekhyun confuse.

"I didn't even say what it was" Luhan looked at him baffled.

"Just no" Baekhyun turned his head away from him.

"There's no need to be mean, Baekhyun. Aleast give him a chance to explain himself" Kyungsoo stood up for Luhan. He looks at him and nodded his head to him so he can continue.

"Can I join the talent show with you guys? I talked to Chen and he said that he's cool with it but I need to talk to you two first" He pleaded at them.

"Su-"

"No" Baekhyun stopped Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo frowned at him feeling a bit shock. Why is he being an to him?

"Please Baekhyun I really need this" 

"Baekhyun come on. Quit being a jerk. Let him join us" 

"Are you his friend now? I thought you hated him and he hated you" He frowned at him.

Both Luhan and Kyungsoo looked at each other.

"Yes we're friends now" Kyungsoo was starting to feel fustrated.

"Okay then he can join us" He said with a cheerful voice.

What is wrong with him?

Luhan's eyes beam with happiness and he his face lighted up. "Oh My God! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! I'll try my best" He got up and left skipping back to his group.

"Why were you being mean to him?" Kyungsoo turned to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun started laughing and that startled Kyungsoo.

"I wasn't being mean, I was just trolling him Kyungsoo. Its rare to see him beg for the things he wants, so I wasn't going to let this opportunity go" He smiles at him.

Kyungsoo let out a small sigh "You're so weird"

 

 

~~~

 

 

Once Kyungsoo finished his last block both Kyungsoo and Yixing walked to the choir room. When they entered the class they quickly spotted Chen, Baekhyun, and Luhan talking to each other. He thought it was funny how Baekhyun was treating Luhan like crap earlier and now they're speaking and laughing together. He's so confusing.

"So Luhan do you know how to sing?" Kyungsoo politely asked him.

They were finishing up distributing which parts should Luhan sing. Nobody even consider asking him if he can sing cause they figured that he could considering he was the one who asked them if he can join them.

When Kyungsoo asked that question everyone stared at Luhan waiting for an answer.

Luhan can feel his face turning warm and he felt the pressure. He knows what there're going to say if he tells them the truth and he doesn't want to disappoint them. He looks down at the floor and looks back that them again and notice that they were still looking at him.

"Of course I can sing! What kind of question is that?" He gave his famous smile.

"For a second I thought you were going to say no" Chen told him.

"Ha Ha Ha very funny" I'm ed Luhan felt like he screw everything up before it even started. He lied to his friends because he wants them to accept him. He knows he ed up the talent show already. They're all talented singers and there's him. He can't sing even if his life depended on it. That's it! I'll just ask Kyungsoo for help!

Luhan got up from his spot and sat next to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo didn't notice Luhan's presence, he was too focus on the lyrics that Chen gave them. Luhan poked him on the arm and Kyungsoo turn to face him.

"Can we talk outside?" Luhan whispered to him.

Kyungsoo nodded and got up from his spot. "Hey you guys" the three boys turned to him "Me and Luhan are going to get some fresh air. We'll be back"

"Okay" all three of them said on the same time.

The two left the room and turn to go to a near bench.

"So what do you want to talke about?" Kyungsoo began the conversation.

"Well, I kinda lied to you guys earlier" Luhan looked at him with worry in his eyes.

"Lied about what?" Kyungsoo tilted his head.

Luhan looks down at his shoes. "....Singing"

Kyungsoo's eyes widen "But I thought-"

"I know, I know, but that's why I asked you to come here with me. I want you to teach me how to sing. Will you do that for me?" Luhan's eyes only show worried.

Kyungsoo thought for a minute whether or not to teach him how to sing. Do I even have time to teach him? What if he sounds horrible and I can't fix him before the talent show? 

Kyungsoo let out a heavy sigh "Sure"

Luhan got up and hugged Kyungsoo. "I love you! I love you! I love you! But not as much as Xiumin! But I still Love You!" Luhan squeezed the boy.

"L-Luhan you're giving me too much love right now" Kyungsoo felt like his eyes were going to pop out any second.

"Oh. I'm sorry" He released the him and fixed his shirt. 

"Now can you sing for me" Kyungsoo gave him the lyrics sheet to him.

"Sing?" He looked at him confused.

"Yes sing. I need to know how good you are"

"Right now?" 

"Luhan!"

"Okay, Okay" He looks at the paper and scanned through it. "Kyungsoo~"

"I'm waiting" He looks at him. He can tell that Luhan feels uncomforable singing to him. I bet this is his first time singing in front of someone. He sighed at his own thought.

"Just don't make fun of me" Luhan glance at him.

"I won't" Kyungsoo smiles at Luhan to make him feel confident about his sing ability.

And with that Luhan began to sing. Kyungsoo was listening carefully and taking mentally notes to himself. Making sure to catch any wrong notes. He was thankful that Chen, Baekhyun, and himself had different pitch range. He can already tell that he can hit high notes like Chen. His voice crack everthing he sings Jongdae's part. He's more like a low note, like me...Thank God! Teaching him will be simple.

Once Luhan was finished his face had a light shade red on his face. Kyungsoo clapped his hands feeling impress. 

"How was it?" He asked Kyungsoo.

"Honestly, it was pretty good. But I would recommend you not doing any high notes. Just stick to the lows for right now. I'll teach you how to maintain the notes so your voice won't crack, Okay?"

Luhan cheerfully nodded his head.

They were practicing for a few more minutes before coming back inside the room.

"You guys sure took your sweet time" Baekhyun teasingly told them.

"Are you guys ready to practice the song? Lay here is patiently waiting for is to start" Chen announced to them. Lay just smiled and everyone felt a little guilt for making him sit for such a long time.

Lay got up and sat down to play the piano. Kyungsoo can tell that Luhan was getting nervous.

"Hey its alright. Just remeber what I tought you and you'll be good" He gave a encouraging smile. Luhan just nodded his head.

Kyungsoo was the first to sing and Luhan was amaze how much of a good singer he is. Baekhyun started sing and Luhan knew his part is coming next. Okay just remember what he tought me and I should be okay.

Luhan started sing and Kyungsoo felt proud that he was able to do it without his voice cracking. He turn to look at Chen and he can tell that he's impress. 

They rehearsed it several more times before calling it a day.

Everyone was leaving already but Kyungsoo and Luhan stayed for an extra two hours. They practice and practice until the sun went down. 

"Its barely 6:40 and its already dark" He turned to Luhan who was walking right beside him. Kyungsoo agreed to let Luhan walk him home. 

"Yeah and it's freezing" Luhan's sweater was not enough for the winter breeze. It was getting colder every passing day and Luhan always keep forgeting to buy a jacket.

"Do you want my coat?" Kyungsoo took of his coat and put it on Luhan before he said anything.

"No Kyungsoo! Its cold outside and you only have a long sleeve on right now" 

"Its okay. I used to live near the beach and it was always cold there, so I'm kinda use to it. And besides, you don't want Minseok getting mad at you for being sick" He looks at him and smiles.

"You have a point" He smiles back at him "How was it like in your old school?"

"It was really fun. My friends and I used to go to the beach all the time. I'm surprise I'm not that tan" Kyungsoo let out a small laugh "I really miss my friends"

"Yes but now you have your cousin, Baekhyun, Sehun, and my friends. You should feel special cause we don't open up to too many people." 

"Your friends? I don't think Kris, Tao, and Jongin like me." Jongin...I haven't seen you in such a long time. I'm worry...

"I'm pretty sure they do. They don't talk crap about you like they used to-"

Kyungsoo's phone went on in his coat and Luhan gave his phone to him.

Chanyeol?

"Um Hello" Why is he calling? He never calls me anymore.

"Oh Hey Kyungsoo. What are you doing?"

"I'm walking with Luhan. Why?"

There was silence for a good ten second "Is it okay if we're just be friends?"

Ouch. He was expecting something else, like a date or something. Just not that."Umm Y-Yeah, sure"

"Okay then! Tell Luhan I said Hi" Then he hung up on him. And just like that, it was over.

Kyungsoo already knew that he was going to break up with him. Chanyeol strated acting weird the day of his birthday. He doesn't really understand why but he never bother to ask.

"Who was it?" 

Kyungsoo looked at him "It was Chanyeol" in a very low voice.

"Oh! What did he want?" he said in an excited tone.

"He told me to tell you 'Hi' " trying to avoid the question

"Awh! That's so thoughtful of him" 

"Yup very thoughtful" 

They continue walking until they reached Kyungsoo's house. His father's car is park outside. 

"Hey do you want my dad to take you home?" Kyungsoo turned to face Luhan who was right behind him.

"Umm sure, why not"

Once they enter his house, Luhan was so amaze. Every where he looked there's an expensive china or painting. The hall is well organize. He also notice that there's not a single maides around the house. A house this big would take forever to clean with just two people.

"Dad where are you?" Kyungsoo shouted.

Luhan was expecting a short feminine man with eyes as big as an owl, but he was not where near that. Kyungsoo's dad is tall and very muscular with an intimidating face. Kyungsoo probably got his looks from his mom...

"I'm over here son" He came from a room near the entrance door.

"Yeah can you drive my friend home" Kyungsoo smiled at him.

His dad looked down at Luhan and it sent shiver down his spine. Luhan honestly thought that he was going to pee his pants.

"Okay. Get the car keys"

Once Kyungsoo got the keys they went straight to the car.

"Dad can you come to the School winter talent show next week. I know you're working, but I just wanted you to see me sing" He asked his dad when he stopped at a red light.

"Have I ever missed a talent show or consert show because of my job. You know how much I love listening to you sing" He dad smiled and ruffled his hair. "Luhan my boy"

Luhan fixed his attention to him. "Yes"

"You're enter the talent show too right?"

"Yes I am. I'm sing with Kyungsoo" The man's deep voice always scares him. He's not use to talking to high class men. 

"Are your parents going to watch you sing" He looks at him at the view mirror.

"No they're not. I haven't told them about it" He looks down at his lap.

Kyungsoo's dad can see the change of expression on his face and didn't ask any further question.

"That's my house" Luhan pointed at a two story house. The house is decent size for a family of three. "Thank you Kyungsoo"

"Any time"

Once Kyungsoo came home he went straight to his room feeling beat down. His own boyfriend broke up with him and what's worse is that he could have prevented it. Am I seriously that bad at dating? First you then Chanyeol. Maybe I should stop trying and become more like you. What do you think? Kyungsoo let out a small laugh "I ing hate relationships"

 

 

~~~

 

It was the day of the talent show and insteed of the boys going to choir to rehearse one last time they went to the mall to look for clothes.

"White!"

"Green!"

Chen and Baekhyun are both arguring about the shirts they should wear. Baekhyun wanted green, Chen wanted white and Luhan, Kyungsoo, and Lay didn't care.

Chen turned to Lay and Lay's eyes opened up."Zhang Yixing what color do you prefer?"

"Um Purple?"

Everyone stared at him looking confuse.

"Why purp- Nevermind" Chen let out a sigh "Soo what color do you prefer"

Kyungsoo looked around the store and it was filled with white, green, and red color clothes. "How about red and white. I think its a great color combination"

"Then we'll get red and white" Chen said to them.

"Finally!" Luhan left the group to go look for an outfit.

Kyungsoo went out to look for a red sweater and a white collar shirt. After looking for about ten minutes he finally found sweater he likes. Once he finished looking for a sweater he just got a random white collar shirt without checking the price.

He turns to see if everyone was done but he was disappointed to only see that they haven't even gotten their white shirt.Do I have to be the hyung for a day. 

He went over to help Yixing and easily picked up clothes for him to wear. Lay doesn't seem to mind what Kyungsoo picked out for him. He actually liked it.

After helping Lay he went to go help Luhan. To Kyungsoo, Luhan looks more like a girl then a guy so he picked him a polka dot white collar shirt and wine red sweater. Luhan seem to really like Kyungsoo taste of clothes.

Once he was done with Luhan both Chen and Baekhyun finished picking their's.

Kyungsoo total for both the sweater and the shirt was 2,115,000 won. He sighs at the amount of money he has to pay for just so he can look good in the talent show. 

They quickly ran to school only having thirty minutes until the show starts. Kyungso just wishes that he could have a car right about now or aleast Lay considering he's the oldest out of all of them.

Once they got there the drama teacher scold for being late and making everyone wait. 

"Kyungsoo, I'm nervous" The talent show has started and they're just waiting behind stage for their turn. Luhan has been walking around in circles feeling extremly jumpy. "What if I screw it up?"

"Don't say such nosense" Kyungsoo can also feel the preasure. Last time he looked behind the curtains the auditorium was a full house, even the balcony seats were taken.

"Hey you guys want to practice outside?" Luhan and Kyungsoo weren't the only one who was nervous. Baekhyun can already feel the stain on his head increasing.

"You guys are stressing out too much. You need to relax" Chen and Yixing don't seem too affect by the amount of people there is. They're just reading a book and going through their phones. 

"Hey! Kris, Tao, Chanyeol, Minseok, and Jongin just showed up" Yixing said in a joyful tone.

Just as he said that, they can here girls shouting out their names and it made it clear that they just enter the building. 

"You guys are next" The student council told them. They just nodded their heads and started getting ready.

There was a short break so they can prepare the stage. The drama students agreed to put transparent stairs for them to use. They put a white piano in the middle of the stage making Lay happy to finally perform infront of his peers.

They were amaze how beautiful the stage looks. They walked around while the can considering the curtains are still down.

"Luhan you're standing on the top" Chen ordered him with a big smirk on his face.

"What! No!" Luhan's eyes widen "I'm not going anywhere near the top"

"Come on Luhan. Don't be such a girl" This time Baekhyun was the one pressuring him to stand on top of the stair case.

"I'm not a girl! I'm manly!" He shouted at him.

Both Chen and Baekhyun started laughting. Kyungsoo didn't really understand why Luhan was making such a big deal. All he has to do is stand on the top.

"Then stand on the top and show us how 'manly' you really are" Baekhyun grinned at Luhan.

"Fine!" He stomped his way to the top cursing out word loud enough to let people know he was angry but not loud enough to understand what he was saying.

"You guys have one minute to get ready" A girl came up to them. She was clearly nervous to get anywhere near them.

"Are you guys ready?" Chen looks around to see if they were in ther position. They nodded in response and Chen turn to look at the girl and nodded his head to show that they're all ready. The talent show host gave them all microphones and went to the front of the stage.

The boys can clearly hear her talking in front of the audience.

"Ladies and gentlemen. I present you out last talent of the day!Give it up for Kim Jongdae! Do Kyungsoo! Byun Baekhyun! Zhang Yixing! And Lu Han! Singing Miracles in December!" And the audience started  going crazy.Screaming out their name telling them they love them.

Kyungsoo has performed in his past but he can never get use to the feeling of nervousness. He can feel his heat race and his body became a little shaky.

The curtains slowly started going up and this made them get a little nervous.

"Y-You guys, I think I need to go to the rest room" Luhan told them.

"I dont't think right now is not a good time Luhan" Lay showed his sweet calming smile to him.

Once the curtains where all the way on the top the stage lights were on them. Even with that Kyungsoo can still see the front row people. Kyungsoo's eyes began to tear up the moment he made eye contact with Chanyeol. Chanyeol just simply smiled at him and turn his head when Lay started playing the piano.

(Click HERE  if you want to see the video)

Kyungsoo just wanted to leave the room. Seeing him made him pretty angry and depress. He slightly turned his head and saw Jongin looking at him. He hasn't seen Jongin in months, and all of a sudden he's there. But he looks different. His eyes seems more gentle. His face is calm but alert at the same time.

Once they were done they went backstage to shout out of happiness. They hugged each other and smiled feeling like they just accomplished something big.

They went out to audience to talk to their friends and family member. Kyungsoo seperated from his group to talk to his dad.

"Did you like it?" He aske his dad nervously.

"Like it? I love it" His dad went over to hug his son. "You never disappoint me Soo" He let go of his son and patted him on the head.

"Thank you dad" He always loves his dad complimenting on him. It makes him feel like he can do anything. Kyungsoo feels a small poke on his shoulders and turns to only face Jongin. What is he doing here? 

"Can we talk?" He asked him with a nice smoothing voice.

Kyungsoo turned his head toward his dad and he nodded his face. "I'm going to talk to a business partner. I'll be outside" And he left.

"What do you want to talk about?" 

"I just want to say I'm sorry" Jongin looks at Kyungsoo's eyes.

"Sorry about?" He was little confuse about his apologie. He doesn't remember Jongin doing anything wrong.

Jongin's eyes grew a bit but they went back to their normal sizes. "Um...About the party" Was he too drunk to remember.

"What are you talking about?" He frowned.

"I'm pretty sure I left you marks on you chest" Jongin looked away feeling ashame.

Kyungsoo's eyes shot wide open "You left me that!"

"Yes but listen to me first-"

"No I don't want to listen" He shouted back at him.

"Is everthing okay over here?" 

That voice...I know that voice! Kyungsoo turned around and put his quavering hand on him lips. I can't believe its him. I-It's actually him.

The boy came closer to Kyungsoo and place his face so close to Kyungsoo's face that Kyungsoo could feel his breath. The kid smirk at him and tuned his attention to Jongin.

"My name is Lee Minhyunk, and who might you be?" He smiles at him.

"I'm Kim Jongin" He looks over at Kyungsoo who was still facing away from him "How do you know Kyungsoo?"

"Oh Kyungie! He was my boyfriend" 

Kyungsoo turned around to look at him again but with a frown on his face. How can he casually say that? Does he not feel anything towards me anymore?

Jongin can't believe what he just heard. "So you're from America?" Trying to smoothly change the subject.

"Yes" He turns to Kyungsoo and smiles at him. That smile literally stabbed Kyungsoo on the heart. "I need to get going. It was nice seeing you again" He was about to leave when Kyungsoo stopped him.

"Why are you here?" 

"Your dad cancel a meeting between my dad cause of you show so we just decided to come to Seoul" Then his eyes widen up " Oh by the way, your sing skill has really improved. But it looked like you were about to cry, which kinda made me sad" He made a gloomy face. "But it was good! Nice work Kyungie" He patted his back and started to leave. "Hey Kyungsoo!" Kyungsoo turns to see him "My dad, mother, brother, and I are going to start living here so by next semester I'll be going to your school" He wink and left the room.

He's going to live here? 

"Hey Kyungsoo-"

"I need to go" And left running outside leaving Jongin alone.

Jongin let out a heavy sigh. "Why are you so hard to have" He turns back around to go find his friends

 

 

 

Once Kyungsoo was inside the car he started talking to his dad.

"Dad why are the Lee family here?" He can't believe that the guy that tought him how to love, the guy that he lost his innocence to, and the guy that broke his heart, is going to start living in Seoul.

"Because we need all the help that we need. The Lee family are very close to use so we can trust them with the work that we're doing. But aren't you happy? You and Minhyuk are friends, right? You two were always together, even back when both you were in diapers" He laughs at his own comment.

Were friends. Then we started dating and he cheated on me so many times. 

Kyungsoo stayed quiet for the whole entire ride. He felt depress. All I need is a... "DAD!"

His dad jumped when he heard his son. He turns to see if Kyungsoo was hurt but he wasn't  "Kyungsoo don't do that. You almost gave me a heart attack"

"I'm sorry but can you buy some banana milk?" He pleaded.

"Anything for you" He smiles and drove the the nearest store.

 

Kyungsoo stayed in room thinking about the past. Thinking how much a good friend Minhyuk was but how much of an was when they were dating. Then Jongin crossed.

Jongin looked so different today. Is it cause I haven't seen him or has he changed.

Kyungsoo fell asleep listening to bruno mars.

 

 

 

 


 

 

A/N

I choose bruno mars cause he sings depressing songs okay? lol
So I said That I was going to post on Christmas day,But I didn't. I'm sorry...
I was pretty busy during Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
I hoped you guys had an amazing Christmas day c: 

So I'm not going to post anything 'till next year lol Omg its almost 2015! That's scary cx This year went by so fast.

So I was rewatching Exo Showtime episode 4 I think and it made me so sad. I missed seeing all 12 of the members together, but things happen of a reason. Hopefully they'll have a better year in 2015.

I'm sorry if it and for the mistakes. I had never updated his fast before, not even the first two chapters lol cx 

Well I hope you guys have a happy New Years 
Love you guys c:


This is Minhyuk if you guys didn't know lol He's from Btob

 

Bye bye
I'll see you in the next chapter c: