Demons

The truth behind an accident

Demons

We stopped checking for monsters under our beds, when we realized they were inside us ~The Joker

"Jihae?"

"What's up? Luhan?" I asked, crawling to my bedside to pick up another midnight call.

"Stay away from Baekhyun." Luhan's voice was unmistakably crisp and clear.

"Why?" 

"He is not simple." Luhan warned.

"I don't get you boys sometimes. First, I have Baekhyun telling me to stay away from you. And now, you asking me to stay away from him." I sighed and yawned.

"Let me read to you his text message to Yoona. The one which he asked Yoona to meet him on that friday night."

"Fine, be quick. I want my sleep." I agreed grudgingly, hoping to keep the whole conversation short.

" Okay, here it begins.

Baekhyun: Meet me on fri night. No excuses.

Yoona: But I am meeting someone ! 

Baekhyun: Don't you dare. If I don't see you at 9pm sharp at our wedding location, we shall cancel it.

Yoona: Why are you always like that? 

Baekhyun: Cause if given a choice, I would never have chosen you over her, stupid! 

Yeah and it ends here."  I was wide awake by then, shocked by the hostility of Baekhyun. 

"They were having cracks in their relationships? Even before their marriage?" I asked in disbelief. Images of Baekhyun hugging Yoona before the wedding, Baekhyun breaking down after Yoona's death, Baekhyun swearing to find the truth, flashed across my vision.

"It sure looks like it, don't you think?" Luhan concluded.

"So, what are you trying to say?" I asked.

"Baekhyun loves you more than Yoona." I sighed. I guess, it was time to face up to it. I could feel it, but I did not want to go between their relationship. Yoona was an item with Baekhyun already when I got to know of him. I could tell, perhaps, even Yoona could tell. That's why, Yoona proposed to bring forward the marriage and I totally agreed to it. However, if I knew how mean Baekhyun was towards Yoona, I would never have encouraged their marriage at all. 

"Jihae?"

"Sorry, yeah? I guess you are right. What now?" 

"You have to watch out."

"Why?" I asked, surprised at the sudden change in his tone. 

"I suspect that Luhan is responsible for..... OMG, what the hell are you doing here?! Stay away from me, stay away!" Luhan's voice escalated into a scream and fear was apparent.

"Luhan? What's wrong? Luhan!?" I asked tensely, sensing that something was wrong. I could hear the fear in his voice and tried to picture what was happening. There was some scuffling noises as I kept my ears glued to the phone. I desperately wanted to run over to where Luhan was, to check on him. 

"Luhan? Luhan? Answer me! Please!" I pleaded.

"Help! Help! He---" I heard a thud. Footsteps shuffled out of the room as it got softer. 

"Jihae?" I heard a weak voice over the phone. 

"Luhan? Is that you?" I asked intently with concern creased over my forehead.

"Stay away from him..." The line went dead. 

"Who? Luhan, who? Luhan, are you okay? Luhan?"

The man returned to Luhan's room. Picked up a knife and sharpened it against the chopping board he found in Luhan's kitchen.

"What do you want from me?" Luhan could feel his knees weakening. The poison was taking effect. A syringe laid on the floor, a few feet away, emptied of its contents. Luhan could feel it flowing through his body.

"I just want to have you out of the picture." The man smiled sinisterly and resumed. Luhan's vision blurred, it would be a matter of seconds before he would be completely paralysed. He recognised the substance which had just been injected in him. He had read it a few days ago. He had. It was hemlock. What killed Kai, was killing him now too. 

~.~

I had sprung into action.

I couldn't sit by and watch. I had to do something. I booted up my laptop and searched Luhan's name on the search engine, desperate to find any trace of his address. 

"Faster... you stupid thing!" I cursed as she gave her laptop a slap. However, after five minutes, my efforts were proved futile. I logged into facebook and twitter, hoping that Luhan might have revealed part of his address somehow or rather. However, Luhan appeared to be a rather conservative person. He hardly had a single tweet and only 3 pathetic facebook posts. Of the 3, all had been posted at least a year ago. Sighing inwardly, I slumped back on her chair. At this rate, when I reach Luhan's house, he would probably be long dead. I picked up my phone, making another useless attempt to reach him. I knew I could never make it in time, hopefully, the police did.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Corner

I am really enjoying typing this story haha. Sorry for all the spelling and grammar errors if there are any :P