Investigations

The truth behind an accident

~Investigations~

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."

 

I laid back on the couch. What a cruel murder! Paralysing the victim before drowning him in a bathtub! 

I sighed. This world is scary. I picked up my handphone and dailed Luhan's number. Our promise rang in my ear...

"Remember, you must inform me anything regarding Baekhyun or those 5 friends of his. No one is off the suspect list."

"Okay. But, I will convince you one day that Baekhyun is innocent. It is his friends." I sighed.

"I am not suspecting him. Just that, anything that happens might be useful, promise me! If not, I shall drop this case. I do not take cases which I am not confident."

"Fine! Okay! Do you have to be that serious?"

 

"Luhan?"

"..." The line went dead.  I called again.

 

"Luhan? Stop it, I know you picked up! Answer me please."

"..." The line went dead. I sighed in annoyance. At last, I sent Luhan a message, demanding him to meet me at a nearby restaurant tomorrow morning.

~.~

"Sorry, Jihae..." Luhan started.

"It isn't funny to have you cutting my calls."

"Sorry, what did you want to say?"

"You read the newspaper?"

"Yes, I was pondering over it. It is very suspicious."

"Indeed, so who do you suspect? At this instance." I picked up my cup of coffee from the table, which had turned cold. He did not reply. 

"I am scared," I admitted, returning the cup of coffee back to the table.

"Why?" Luhan asked, almost choking on his coffee. I rolled my eyes.

"Seriously? Two death in a row? And you wouldn't be scared?" 

"Coincidence," Luhan smiled and returned to his coffee. In my heart, I was cursing how dumb I was to find such a PI investigator.

"So, how do you intend to carry out your investigation?" 

"Get me Baekhyun's phone."

"What?" I almost yelled, gathering plenty of attention. 

"I trust my instincts that it will help but do you have a picture of him?"

"Who? Baek?"

"Pardon? Who is Baek?" Luhan looked at me blankly. 

"Sorry, I should say Baekhyun....hmm" I said, fishing out my phone and scrolling through my gallery. At last, I found a picture I took with Baekhyun and Yoona. I stuck my phone in Luhan's face and waited for a response. Some colour seemed to drain from his face. 

"Him?" His voice betrayed a slight quiver. I nodded my head nonchantly and slipping the phone back to my pocket.

"What's wrong?" I asked, realising for the first time how pale his face was. 

"Nothing... sorry." Luhan quickly took a nervous sip of his coffee. He swallowed. That face was familiar. Somehow. 

~.~

"No... Kai."

"You didn't had to, didn't had to die."

"You only have yourself to blame..." A grin crept up on his face as realisation hit him. 

"I am not wrong, you are, Kai!" Consoling himself, he picked himself up. 

~.~

Baekhyun smiled at the mirror. He smiled. Didn't he look splendid? In his top which was embazzled with checkered boxes and his bottoms, which was a Blue Navy pants. Baekhyun straightened his hair and applied even more gel generously. He was meeting someone special later on. He had to be in his best self.

~.~

"Hey! Baek!" I waved as Baekhyun entered the restaurant. 

"Hey! Jihae! You look marvellous." I blushed at his comment. 

"So, why did you ask me out?" 

"Erm... do I need to have a reason to ask a good friend out?"

"Of course not, but... alright, I guess never mind."

"Alright fine, I guess, I do have something to talk to you about."

"Yah?"

"You know Luhan right?" My face lit up at the sudden mention of Luhan's name. Luhan's words rang in my ear. 

"Get me Baekhyun's phone."

"Hey? Jihae?" I shot back to reality, realising that Baekhyun was waving his hand in front of my face.

"Oh sorry, yes I do know him."

"Good, stay away from him. My instincts tell me that he is up to no good."

"Up to no good? But why?" I was desperate to carry out Luhan's mission. I was not registering anything that Baekhyun had said. Just then, an idea struck me.

"... I feel that Luhan is..." I gave the table a slight jerk casually and the cup of hot chocolate fell on Baekhyun as I had expected. I immediately shot up of my seat to assist him in clearing up.

"Sorry, Baek, I am so sorry!" 

"It's okay, never mind. I will go to the bathroom." For a moment, guilt struck me. Why was I helping an outsider instead of my friend? Once Baekhyun was out of sight, I stuck my hand into Baekhyun's bag and after some time, I finally caught hold of his phone. I pulled it out and brought out my laptop at once too. Thanking god that my USB cable fitted his phone, I started transmitting all his data over.

Data transmitting...... 3 minutes left

I tapped my fingers on the table impatiently while turning back once in a while to see if Baekhyun had returned. Finally, I caught sight of Baekhyun just after all the data had been transmitted. I stuffed Baekhyun's phone back into his bag but had no time to keep my laptop. Baekhyun returned with suprise at the ladtop which had suddenly been placed on the table.

"Jihae? What's with that laptop?"

"Sorry, I received an urgent email just now. It's not needed now." I assured as I kept my laptop carefully. 

"Your phone? Shouldn't you use it?"

"Oh, its more convenient I guess. I had to do some data checking."

"Okay.... Anyway, as I was saying, I really feel that you should stay away from Luhan..."

~.~

I handed Luhan the laptop. He started installing a programme in it to decode and analyse the datas. Finally, after an hour or so, Luhan looked up from the laptop. 

"My suspicions are right..."

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Corner

This story is just getting weirder and weirder. Hahah, but the interesting part is coming soooon :D