A phone call

The truth behind an accident

~A phone call~

"Life is actually beautiful... You may not see it, but you can feel it."

 

Yoona glanced at her watch and frowned. Oh no!
Finally, a black limousine pulled up on the road in front of her.
“Where have you been?” The driver asked with worry.
“Never mind, let’s go. We are running late!” Yoona hurried as she picked up her wedding gown and entered the car.

~.~

Oh no! I thought. I quickly pulled up my zip and picked up the bouquet of flower by the table. I stared into the mirror one last time conscientiously as I tucked a strand of loose brown hair behind my ears. with the contact lens I wore to give my eyes a cerulean blue colour, I decided that it was time for me to leave before I got into trouble. I rushed outside of the room and quickly hopped onto my car. Turning on the engine, I did a last mental check on what I had brought along. Yes, my flowers, my card, my gift and lastly, myself. Good, I am ready. Taking a quick glimpse of myself in the front mirror, I decided it would be best to do a quick touch up to my make up. Hitting the expressway, I started praying that I will make it on time.

~.~

Following the GPS for guidance, I finally reached the wedding venue. 

“Hey Baekhyun!” I parked my car and walked towards Baekhyun, who was splendidly dressed in a black tuxedo. A flower was sticking out from his suit pocket and his hair was sparkling due to the generous amount of gel he applied. He was indeed the limelight of the crowd. I scanned the crowd for his fiancee. Yet, she was no where to be seen.

“Where’s Yoona?” I asked while I admired the vicinity. There was a makeshift stage set up in the middle of this beautiful grass patch. It was adorned with beautiful streamers and balloons. A red carpet was rolled out and there were many beautiful ornaments on the grass patch. There were still a few workers rushing around to do the last touch up to the decorations. A man was testing out the sound system; another was pushing in a trolley with a champagne tower; the last one was busy issuing programme booklets to everyone strolling in. Men and women dressed to the brim, of all ages were chatting and many came forward to express their congratulations.

“Ah, she might be a little late.”
“Oh, I thought I would be the one running late. Here, my best wishes to your marriage!” I handed Baekhyun the box which I spent hours decorating. What’s more important was its contents though. I beamed at him and he laughed.

“Wish you were…”I immediately placed a finger at his mouth.

“For goodness sake, you are getting married today! May I ask why did you chose this location? I would say it is beautiful, but according to what I know about Yoona, she prefers..."
"Oh! It wasn't my idea though. It was Yoona who insisted that it should be held here. It was where we first met, also where we first expressed our love for each other." Baekhyun blushed a little.

"Aww. Oh, wait, here comes Yoona! Or should I say, Byun Yoona!” I laughed and rushed towards Yoona who was having trouble getting off the car, in spite of the doorman’s help. I picked up half of Yoona’s long wedding gown while the doorman picked up the rest. Slowly, Yoona got off her car and Baekhyun gave her a hug.

“Aww.. Sweet!” I laughed. The doorman blushed at the sight too as he hurried away to continue with his job.

 

Soon, the atmosphere began picking up. The wedding song reverberated; many people were shouting "cheers" as the couple went around expressing their gratitude to those who came. I looked around and smiled. Isn't Yoona so lucky? To be able to marry one of the last down to earth, doteful man that exist. Time really flies, Baekhyun, once my childhood friend, was now getting married. Finally, it was time for the actual marriage to start. Everyone gathered around the aisle where a red carpet was laid out. Some of them were holding cameras and others, their handphones. Everyone cheered and camera flashes flooded the stage.

 

"Alright, now may we welcome the bride!" A man in suit, standing on the stage, announced.

Everyone broke into incessant applause. A ribbon tied to both ends of the rustic wedding arch was cut in resemblance to the opening of a door. Yoona walked down the aisle with unspeakable grace. Her golden gown was like a golden fleece, glimmering in the sunlight. Clutching her father a little anxiously, she paced down the aisle together with him. I was trailing behind her, as her bridesmaid. Beside me was Chanyeol, the bridegroom. We were an awkward pair as I barely knew him except for greeting him in some occasions. Both of us held a bouquet of flowers, which was to be presented to the bride and groom. Behind us, was a male and female toddler. They held woven baskets filled with rose petals. With every step they took, they scattered the petals on the floor. Finally, Yoona’s father laid Yoona’s hands in Baekhyun’s hands.

“Take good care of her.” Yoona’s father warned rather jokingly. Baekhyun nodded his head and the couple turned to face each other.

“Finally, the day has come. Under the witness of god and the audience, will you, Yoona Chan, take Byun Baekhyun as your proclaimed husband?”

“I will.” Yoona promised with a gr
“And will you, Byun Baekhyun, take Yoona Chan as your proclaimed wife?”

“I…”
A familiar Nokia ringtone suddenly sounded and broke the tranquility in the audience. Everyone started looking around in dismay and slight irritance. Finally, the source was located. Suprisingly, it came from inside a box, which was beautifully wrapped, under the first row of chairs in the audience seats, reserved for the newly wed and their family. Nobody inched towards it. Perhaps it was not a situation that everyone was prepared for. Only Yoona walked towards it with great curiosity. Others offered to pick up or deny the call for her but she rejected. Finally, unwrapping the box, Yoona picking up an old model Nokia phone. Yoona debated for a second whether to pick up the private call which had an unknown number. At last, Yoona decided she was not going to let the person who ruined her wedding atmosphere off.

“Hello? May I know who I am speaking to?” Yoona seemed deep in thought as the conversation went on. Everyone was anticipating a response, or at least for the call to end and the ceremony to resume. Suddenly, Yoona screamed and hollered. She threw the phone down and ran, faster than she ever did. Tears were streaming down her cheeks as she picked up her wedding gown to prevent herself from tripping over it. Running down the aisle and towards the wedding arch, I began following as I shouted out to her. Her father was shouting out for her too and many others in the crowd were awed by the sight. Baekhyun was too taken aback and immediately picked up the phone, unfortunately, the call had ended. As Baekhyun started giving chase, it was too late.

~~

 

A car, a blue mercedes was travelling at high speed towards Yoona as she ran across the road.
“NO! Yoona, watch out!” I yelled as I rushed across the road, hoping to pull her back. Yoona seemed to notice her predicament too and tried backing out of the way of the mercedes but it was too late. She was knocked down within a split second and she flew a few feet backwards. Her golden gown was stained with blood as she sprawled on the ground. Her fingers were reaching forward, hoping to get some source of help. I wanted to rush forward to check on her when someone from the crowd pulled me back. To our horror, the limousine continued at its high speed and ran over Yoona again before disappearing down the road. Yoona laid still, wide-eyed with horror. Tears stinged my eyes as I hollered at the sight of Yoona dying, right in front of me. My heart wrenched as I saw Yoona's father kneeling down right there and then while screaming her daughter's name. Baekhyun stepped out from behind me, he paced feebly towards Yoona. He kneeled down and pressed Yoona's eyelids gently downwards.

"REST IN PEACE." he whispered.

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Author's Corner

 

Hi people! This is my first ever fanfic! :)