(VI)

Another Cinderella Story : It's Okay, It's Love

Imperial High School’s Open Day;

         It’s the Open Day, finally. And yes, it would be a big day for both of Kyungsoo and me. Thank goodness that we can still enjoy the school’s Open Day during the daylight. We’re going to be very busy in the night for the closing ceremony. Another hectic day for me. My heart skipped a beat as I stepped into the school. It’s totally amazing. There were so many kind of tents here, and it was totally crowded by people. I could see there’s quite many other students from the other schools came to attend our school’s Open Day. The reaction was great. I bet that the principal would be very happy to know this. Anyway, I came to the school alone in my casual attire. Kyungsoo couldn’t walk with me since he needs to depart to the school earlier than anybody else. Duh, he’s going to be busy during the day and the night. Poor him.

         Seems like I’m going to enjoy myself alone. This is totally not fun. I couldn’t anyone else to tag along with me since I’m not that kind of socialize person. By the way, I just need to pull myself until the night come. Phew, to be honest; I couldn’t wait for the night to come. Seriously, it’s going to be one of the best moments in my life because I will be partnered with Kim Jongin, the eye-candy of the school for the dance performance. Also know as, my Prince Charming.

         “Euw. Cut that off Son Naeun. You’re dreaming too much.” I said to myself, not even realized that a pair of eyes were watching me in the front. When I looked up to my front, I almost got a heart attack as I was greeted with a warm smile. A warm smile that you can only got from the most freaking gorgeous humankind in this world; Kim Jongin.

         “Hi, partner.” He greeted me as he made his steps closer to me. I tried to act calm and pretend like as if nothing happened. I want to look normal in front of him. “Yes, hi.” I greeted him back. He was wearing his casual attire; A black-coloured long sleeves with sweater and black jeans. Oh yeah, and he’s also got a cap on him. Geez, he really knows how to look fashionable.

         “Are you going to walk alone?” He asked me out of sudden. O-okay. I don’t even expect that he would ask me that kind of question. And I almost wrecked my brain to think of a logic answer. “Seems like it,” I said, earning a light chuckle from him. Ouch, I could feel there’s butterflies in my stomach. He sheepishly brushed his brown locks that’ve been covering his eyes.

         “Mind to give me a company? I’m going to the cafe,” He said with a pleading look in his eyes. I clasped my lips nervously as I really don’t know if I could say yes. It’s going to be quite uncomfortable to walk with him since he’s the center of attention. The girls’ eyes would be plastered at his figure and I would receive some looks full of jealousy from the girls. I hope that he didn’t have any fanatic fans.

         After for a while I finally made my decision. And of course, it’s a yes. How could I even reject him? I already did during the other time and he looked very disappointed. To be frank, he was really happy when I said that I accepted his invitation. Afterall, I’m freaking hungry right now. I didn’t have my lunch yet.

         My expectation became true. The journey to the cafe was quite tense. I received so many death stares from the other girls. But then who cares? It’s not like Jongin was theirs. For God’s sake, I’m his partner for the dance performance. Well yeah, even though I liked him quite a lot. Let’s just assumed that I’m lucky.

         “So... How’s your day, today?” Jongin tried to open up a conversation between two of us. I glanced at him, he was staring at me as if he’s making a hole on me. Gosh, it’s creepy to think like this but then he’s really doing it.

         “Just.. A normal day, I guess.” Like seriously I felt like I wanted to slam my face on the table right now. Why did I gave him a very silly and stupid answer. I should think of something better. Get a grip, Son Naeun. We stayed quite like that for a while until he spoke again.

         “You know what, I think that we should be friends.” His words caused me to look up at him. He looked serious but then I actually don’t get it. What he’s trying to say?

         “I’m sorry?” I said, asking for an explanation. For the first time, he had this kind of nervous expression on his face. I could sense it as he awkwardly adjusted his cap’s position. Nah, he still looks cute though.

         “No, I mean.. Let’s be friends, not just partners.” I finally understood. I sipped my coffee before I turned again to him.

         “Why?” The only word that escaped my lips made him to raised his brows. He stared at me in the eyes, making me to shiver a bit. “Just because,” I chuckled lightly upon his answer. Gosh, he’s weird.

         “Jongin, I don’t really understand what’re you saying but.... We’re friends.” The fact that we’re only friends saddened me a bit. Oh come on, he didn’t know me that well isn’t he? He needs time to know me. Same goes with me, who knows that it would help me to become closer to him?

         “Really?” He asked for my confirmation with an excitement on his face. For God’s sake, I swear that he’s freaking cute. How can I even resist him? Slowly, I nodded my head. A satisfied smile was plastered on his face. Without waiting any longer he quickly held out his hand, asking for a shake. I hesitated at first but then I took it. “Friends?”

         “Yeah, friends.” I said with a smile on my face. Just in a second, my heart bloomed like a spring flower. Seriously, Kim Jongin really knows how to make my heart burst in any condition. It still feels like a dream, sitting with him here while peacefully sipping the coffee. It feels so unreal. And that’s it. After that, we started talking about our personal things. Just like friends did. Like Kyungsoo and me.

         And I just learnt that Jongin was the son of a successful businessman. Probably one of my late father’s collagues. So he already stayed at Japan for about 10 years and just came back to Korea. That’s how he happened to transfer in this school. He told me about how bad he wanted to stay at Japan but then his father won’t let him to. His father want him to stay in Korea until he ended high school. Dancing is his passion. Yeah, I can see that by only looking at how he danced. He got a soul of a dancer. Not forget to mention about how amazing he looks when he danced.

         “So, tell me about you.” He glanced at me as he finished his talk about himself. I clasped my lips, not sure if I should tell him the real story of mine. I’m afraid. What if he doesn’t want to befriend with me anymore after he learnt that I’m just a nothing? But then I did gather my courage to tell the truth. I told him about how miserable my life was after my mother’s death. He was sorry about that but then I didn’t even mind it. And he was quite shocked when I told him that my father actually married another woman after that. The woman who is actually the mother of both Minah and Minji.

         “Whoa, wait! Then it means that both Minji and Minah are your step-siblings, right?” I nodded which earned a very surprised look from him. I bet that he’s going to ask about their last birthday party. He must felt weird that he couldn’t find me there despite the fact that he actually met me. And I did tell him about how wicked my step-mother was, along with my stepsisters. And he felt bad about that. Wow, I almost can’t believe that I spilled everything to him. It’s not that easy for me to that.

         “I think that I’m going to cry, right now.” He said, making me to laugh out loud.

         “Go on.” I approved him to do so, a smirk was plastered on my lips. But then I ended up cracking a big laugh because Jongin just fake a cry and he sounded like a spoiled baby. Gosh, I just want to pinch him hard.

         “Euw, stop that. I’m going to puke.” I said in my laugh. And he stopped, staring at me who was still laughing. It really feels nice. “It’s my first time to see you laugh like that,” He suddenly said, making me to be silent for a while. Did he just meant that all this time he’ve been watching me? Oh gosh, I’m so embarrassed right now.

         “Really?” I said in awkwardness as I sipped my coffee again.

         “Yeah. You seems quite down for last two weeks. Did something just gone wrong?” He asked, probably curious. Yes, it’s true. I’ve been down since last two weeks. Probably because of Kyungsoo. The fact that he’s leaving hit me once again and it made me felt really sad. Jongin who saw my darkened expression raised his brows.

         “Tell me,” He said.

         I heaved a sigh. I felt a thug in my heart everytime I remembered it. I kept being silent for a while, I don’t want to burst into tears again. No, not in front of Jongin. I calmed myself, it’s such a relief since Jongin was quite patient waiting for my reply.

         “It’s because of Kyungsoo.”

         “Kyungsoo? You mean... Kyungsoo-hyung?” Yeah, Jongin would probably know him. He’s the one who managed the new transfers. He probably met Kyungsoo for at least once.

         “Yes. Because of him.” I answered weakly.My mind was full with Kyungsoo for a while. He’ve been so busy and I haven’t spend enough time with him yet. I don’t want to regret it.

         “What’s about him?” He asked, a curious look was plastered on his face. Then I just remembered that I haven’t told him that Kyungsoo was my bestfriend. So I told him a bit about Kyungsoo; The story about how I met him, how both of us become really close, how I needed him the most in this world and until the moment when he needs to go.

         “You know, he’ve been my best friend since my father’s death. And we’re so close with each other, like freaking close you know. He even knew me better than I knew myself.” I paused.

         “And he’s leaving to America. He needs to.” I continued. Jongin slightly nodded, probably understood how it would feel to leave something that you didn’t want. He experienced it too. I could feel it when he told me how heavy his heart was when he needs to leave Japan.

         “Then we have to let him go. He didn’t have any choice.” Jongin said. Despite the fact that his words were clenching my heart, he’s right. Kyungsoo needs to go even though he didn’t want to. It’s not him who made the decision. His parents did.

         “You know what... I think that his parents’ decision was the best for him. I would feel the same too if I were him. How can I leave someone that I cared the most?” I raised my brows when I heard Jongin’s words. He’s really full of wise words. And somehow I felt quite encouraged by talking to him. I felt less worried, right now.

         “If it’s hard for you, then it’ll be hard for him too.” Jongin’s words brought me back to the moment when I saw Kyungsoo cried in his club’s room. For God’s sake, my heart just broke into pieces during that time. It hurts to see Kyungsoo cried like that. Those manly tears just flowed because of me.

         “Yeah, you’re right.”

         Jongin threw me a warm smile, his hand reaching mine. Slowly, he squeezed my palm softly. I could feel that his positive energy was flowing into mine. It feels funny somehow. Jongin seems like a cold-guy, almost like the cold side of me. Usually, it’s quite hard to open up ourselves to the others. Especially the ones that you’ve just met. But he’s really a warm person, indeed. The person who listened to the others’ worries, and made sure that the worries went away like a whoosh. Surprisingly, I felt much better than before.

         “Wow.” The only word that escaped my lips. I looked at him. He raised his brows, probably didn’t expect that kind of reaction from me. Well, it’s just that I’m amused. Amused about how he threw away my worries. It feels like all of the burdens on my shoulder were completely gone. Gone, under his spell.

         “I felt better. And it’s unbelieveable.” He chuckled lightly upon my words. Yeah, I knew that maybe I sounded weird but that’s what I really feel. Jongin smiled radiantly, his hand kept squeezing my palm. Gosh, how I wish that both of us could stay like this for a while. I couldn’t help but hid my disappoinment when his hand left mine. The warmness just gone for a while.

         “That’s good, then. Don’t think about it too much. You need to stay positive.” His words really as warm as him. And it would calm anyone’s hearts. It feels so nice to have this kind of talk with him. As I said, it’s still feels like a dream.

         “Yeah, thanks to you,” I stared at him while sheepishly smiled. And I swore that my heart just stopped when he brought his hand to my hair and playfully ruffled them. I hoped that he didn’t saw how rosy my cheeks were. I barely could breathe. Damn you, Kim Jongin.

         “Most welcome, my friend.” The word ‘friend’ sank my heart for a while but then I still felt happy. By the way, we’ve only known each other for about a month. It’s still early for us to be extremely close. Not like how close I am with Kyungsoo. No one could replace Kyungsoo’s place, I think. Thinking about him made me to wonder his whereabout. Gosh, where’s my freaking fairy-godmother? He better meet me before the night. I miss him freaking so bad; No, I just didn’t want him to disappear from my sight. Not yet.