(IV)

Another Cinderella Story : It's Okay, It's Love

          I almost couldn’t believe about what just happened to me today. Gosh, was this even true? Or am I totally dreaming? I just walked into my club’s room and… I saw him. The guy that I saw at the rooftop. He was standing beside my club’s president in front of the other club members. Was this a destiny or what? I barely could breathe when I stepped into the room and just stood there dumbfounded until the president, called up my name.

          “Son Naeun, please come in. We’re about to start our discussion,” Fortunately, because of his call I was brought back to reality. Gosh, this is so embarrassing! I freaking blushed when I saw him stared at me with a sheepish smile on his damn handsome face. Oh my gosh, why must this happened to me!?

          I quickly joined the other club members on the floor facing our club’s president and him, the rooftop boy. I tried to control myself and not to stare at him so often because I’m afraid that he might noticed it. I would be in a deep embarrassment if he noticed me secretly staring at him oh please let it don’t happen. Let me just end my day today without any troubles.

          “Okay, guys. I’m going to introduce you our new member, Kim Jongin.” All applauses went to him as his name was announced. There were some cheers from the other female members but then I just chose to be quiet. Well, I’m not that kind of loud type. I rather kept quiet and just watch everything. “Ah, so his name is Kim Jongin. What a prefect name for a Prince,” I thought.

          “Whoa, whoa. Calm down guys.” The club’s president, the senior from Kyungsoo’s grade who’s named Lee Taemin said. It looks like that Jongin guy was already used with those kind of interaction. I could feel some intense stares from the male members towards him. And yes, as always it would start with an introduction.

          He confidently stepped in front with a thin smile on his face. “Hello, everyone. I’m Kim Jongin. A new transfree from Okinawa Arts High School.” His self-introduction was followed with a loud applause from the female members, well except from me. I’m was too busy staring at him, without I even realize that my was being called by Taemin.

          “Son Naeun!” He called my name out loud, which I don’t even respond until some girl named Wendy from my grade nudged at me. Gosh, I swear that I felt so embarrassed of myself. Ah, how I wish I could hide myself right now!

          “Yes,” I replied, paying my attention to what the club’s president going to say.

          “From now on, Jongin would replace Chaejin’s position as your partner. Are you okay with that?”

          I almost couldn’t believe it! I’m not totally dreaming right? It feels like I’ve been so lucky today. I stared at both Taemin and Jongin blankly, not knowing how to respond. Jongin threw me a smile which caused my heart to burst. Gosh, I hate him for doing that. Like seriously, he needs to stop.

          Without even answering, Taemin finally wrapped it up for me. “I guess, it’s a yes then. I hope both of you could work together as partner.” Oh my god, was this really happening to me? I felt so great! And everyone seems agreed with the sudden announcement even though I could sense a few jealousy looks that I got from the other female members. Oh come on dude, it’s not my fault. I don’t even give an answer, okay? It’s that Taemin guy who put him as my partner. And I couldn’t even just resist it right?

          “Okay, pull yourselves. We’re going to start after a few minutes later.” Taemin said. Then all of the members including me quickly stood up from our places. It’s time for us to warm up before practicing the dance routines. Well, it’ll help us to avoid injuries from happened.

          “Hey, Son Naeun.” I heard a voice calling for me. And without even looking back, I knew whose voice was it. It’s him, Kim Jongin.

          “Yeah, what is it?” I tried to act cool. Seriously, I don’t really have any experience with guys. Well, except for Kyungsoo. It feels so awkward with him even though I’m kinda fascinated by his appereance. I guess that I still need to work on with my social abilities.

          “So… Seems like we’re partners right?”

          I just drew a thin smile and nodded lightly. Man, this is not going to work. What if I lost my focus?

          “Alright then. Please take care of me well,” He said politely. Here he goes once again. How can my heart stop fluttering? In the end, I just nodded to him awkwardly. I don’t even dare to speak a word to him. Gosh, I hope he didn’t hate me for being so freaking awkward. I just can’t.

          After a moment, all of us started to gather up again for practice and.. Of course, I’m freaking nervous. Seems like Jongin was doing good but then I kept sweating and tripped as I danced. And my steps became very very messy. Oh man, this is horrible.

           “Gosh, what’s wrong with me?” Seriously, I almost cursed myself.

          Fortunately, the practice was stopped because of Taemin’s instruction. Phew, luckily. All of us stopped for a while and Taemin called me out. I quickly approached him with a very nervous expression plastered on my face. Oh man, he’s going to be mad at me.

          “Naeun…” He called my name with a very disappointing tone which made me felt so bad. I could only nod without even looking at him.

          “What’s wrong with you today?” He asked me. I clasped my lips and my mind was thinking hard to think of an answer. But then I just kept being silent. Ouch, what an awful thing I was. Taemin let out a heavy sigh from his lips. He sounded quite frustrated.

          “I’m sorry…” Finally I gained courage to apologize. Damn, this is all my fault. I screwed it.

          “Were you having a problem?” I shook my head. Then he gave me a little pat on my shoulder, “Pull yourself, okay. You’re one of the members that I trusted the most. I know that you’ll do well.” I felt quite encouraged by his words. I excused myself after I thanked him. Yes, he really knows how to act as a president.

          “Great. You messed up everything, Son Naeun.” I muttered to myself while running my fingers through my hair. I guess that I need to work harder so that I could stay focused. So, after the brief meeting Taemin told us to continue our practice. And yes, I did better gosh thank goodness. Jongin seems like a nice guy and a real gentleman since he always help me to get the steps correct. Wow, his dancing talents are totally no joke. He really did well.

          “That was great.” I praised him. Out of nowhere I finally got some courage to have a talk with him. Yes, good job Son Naeun!

          “Nah, it’s just nothing.” He sheepishly smile as he ruffled his hair into a mess. His brown locks look so soft and tempting. Gosh, I really need to learn how to control myself around him. I don’t want to look stupid. Not in front of him.

          Anyway… Here, take this.” He said while handing me bottle of mineral water. I took it without any doubt and thanked him. He chuckled lightly as he watched me drank the water. Seriously, I’m so thirsty so I didn’t take a long time to finish it. Oh great, I felt embarrassed again.

          “What?” I shot him a glare. He stopped chuckling and crooked a smile on his lips. “Nothing. It’s just that you look so cute.” I barely could breathe when I heard his words. I could feel myself turning into crimson red. “Geez, Kim Jongin can you please stop!” I keep shouting it in my mind.

          “Okay. See you again, next time.” He said his goodbye to me as he carried all his stuffs and made his way to the exit door. I just watched him until he was gone. For some reason, my heart just couldn’t stop beating in a fast rate. Damn you, Kim Jongin.

          I glanced at my wristwatch. Great, it’s already 4. I need catch up with Kyungsoo. While I was packing up all my stuffs, suddenly Taemin came to me. I raised my brows upon his presence.

          “Hey, Kyungsoo told you that he wants to meet you at his club’s room.” He said as he showed me the text that he just got from Kyungsoo.

          “Okay. I probably will go to him after this.”

           I thanked him for telling me the thing and excused myself as I finished packing up all my stuffs. While walking, I searched for my MP3 player in my bag but then I couldn’t found it. Then it hits me that I left it on my bed this morning. Oh man, what a bad luck. I really need it right now to release all my stress.

          When I reached the Musical Club’s room, I frankly stopped myself from entering it. From outside, I could hear the sound of someone playing the piano in a very beautiful and harmony way. Who else could do that? Of course, it’s definitely Kyungsoo. I don’t know why but I insisted myself to enter the room. It feels so refreshing to hear the peaceful tone of the piano keys.

          “Damn. This feels so good,” I muttered up to myself while leaning my head against the door. I closed my eyes as I listened to Kyungsoo’s voice as he started singing. Damn, he sounds like a soft butterscotch and honey.

 

          I had a nightmare,

          Before I could hug you, who was crying,

          I woke up.

          With a sad heart, I opened the curtains,

          With my moonlight-stained tears, I send you a letter,

         

          Remember when the things is hard,

          I always turned your tears into smiles.

          Don’t cry in places without me, don’t cry,

          Because you always had a lot of tears.

 

          No, it’s my turn to cry, I’ll cry now,

          I’ll take all of your tears,

          It’s my turn to cry, give them to me,

          Even those tears, this time,

          This time…

             

              (My Turn To Cry by EXO)

         

          I really don’t know why but then I ended up bursting into tears as the song ended. Somehow it feels like something was clenching my heart. The song that he just sang… As if he’s describing the person that he wanted to cry for was me. It reminds me about how he didn’t mind to even borrow his shoulder for me to cry on. Do this song was really dedicated to me?

          Wiping my tears, I quickly bolted into the room. Without I realized, it clenched my heart more to find the one who I care the most and I cherish the most was drenched into tears. My footsteps become slow as I approached him.

          “Kyungsoo….” I weakly said his name. I could see that he quickly wiped his tears when he turned back to me. A thin smile was plastered on his lips, probably acting like nothing happened.

          “You came,” He said as he stood up from the seat, closing the cover of the piano. My heart aches as I saw his puffy and red eyes. What’s wrong with him? Did something just happened? His eyes seem sad and he looks so fragile.

          “I don’t know that you will come this early.” He said as he approached me. I didn’t wait any longer as I quickly shoved him into a hug. He just chuckled lightly as he caressed my hair like the way he always do. I didn’t took a long time to burst into tears again. I slammed my face on his chest as my hand gripped his uniform tight. “Kyungsoo… What’s going on?” I said in my tears.

          I could hear he heaved a sigh. He broke the hug and pulled me to the seat. I kept tearing up and he leaned my head his shoulder. He didn’t utter a word and only silence was filled between both of us. For some reason it gave me this kind of feeling; the feeling that he’s going to diminish from my sight. God, please tell me that it’s not going to happen.

          “Naeun…” He called out my name in a soft tone which sent shivers to my spine. He took my hand in his, holding it tight. He cleared his throat before he spoke.

          “I’m leaving to America,”

          I felt like my heart got stabbed by thousands knives when I heard his words. In fact, it made me to tear up more. Kyungsoo tried to calm me out but of course it won’t work. The world seems darker for me. After all this times, he was part of my world. How can I live my life without him beside me?

          “I’m leaving at the end of this month. Mom already organized it to me. Dad wants us to be there with him,” He continued.

          “Soo… Please tell me that you’re kidding… Please tell me that it’s only a lie.. Please…” My knees became limp. Without I realized, my knees fell to the floor. My hands were holding his tight.

          “Naeun…” He helped me to stand on my feet. His hands were on my shoulders, squeezing them softly. He pushed off the strands of my hair that’ve been covering my eyes.

          “Don’t be like this.” He wiped my tears.

          “Don’t go.” I mumbled. He gave me a sorry look. Of course he can’t right? It’s about his family matters. And I’m being selfish here and didn’t want to let him go.  It’s totally unfair.

          “I need to,” He softly said, probably trying to persuade my poor heart. Gosh, I’m not ready for this.

          “Look…” He pulled me closer to him and leaned my head on his shoulder again. “I want you to be strong. You’re stronger than you ever thought.” I kept being silent and just hear everything that he’s going to say. Damn, I’ll miss hearing his voice after this.

          “Promise me that you will never give up in everything, okay?” I turned to him. A pleading look was plastered on his face and that makes me to not resist his wish. “Okay,” I said shortly. How I wish that I could stop the time for a while.

          “That’s my girl,” He said as he playfully pinched my nose. Gosh, I will miss all my moments with him, his pranks, his nags, his voice and everything. I just stopped crying and it seems like I’m trying to accept the truth. The fact that Kyungsoo is going to leave. Ouch, it hurts but then that’s what reality is. You can’t run from it. Just face it and get through it.

          “I don’t know that reality would be this cruel,” I suddenly said, earning his light chuckle.

          “Reality might seems cruel, but it might be the best for you.” I smiled. I will miss Kyungsoo and his wise words.

          “I hate you fairy-godmother.”

          “Aww, too bad Princess. This fairy-godmother loves you so much.” He said playfully. It makes me to wonder how would Cinderella go on with her life if the fairy-godmother wasn’t there to help her to attend the ball? Will the Cinderella could meet the love of her life? Could Cinderella even escaped herself from her step-mother and step-sisters hands without the fairy-godmother’s help? And, that would be me without Do Kyungsoo.

          And we stayed like this. My head on his shoulder and his hand carefully caressed my hair. Gosh, I’m going to miss all his touches. He’s the best person that I ever knew. He’s my whole world. How can I go on with my life without him? He’s going far away; far from me. What should I do now?

 

Author notes:

Kyungsoo is leaving. So what will happen to her? Would someone would take care of her like Kyungsoo would? What is Kyungsoo's true feelings towards Naeun? Please wait for the update! Don't forget to comment and subscribes lol hahaha I would to read those encouraging comments! And, don't forget to pay a visit / read my other fanfic :

What Life Is All About

Lovely Enemies