(XIII)

Another Cinderella Story : It's Okay, It's Love

What the hell is happening like seriously? My brain couldn’t interpret a thing when I saw Seulgi came into my room, bringing another huge parcel in her arms just — did Jongin accidently bought two dresses for me or he’s being super generous to buy me another dress? It’s so confusing like hell.

“Miss Son, another parcel containing a beautiful dress for you.” Seulgi said nervously as she put the parcel on my coffee table. I gulped on my saliva nervously before taking off my grey-coloured blazer and hook it on my chair. I stole a glance of the earlier parcel that came before the other one which is placed on my current working table. Did Jongin really bought them? The question kept lingering in my mind.

“Is there’s any notes?” I asked as I walked towards Seulgi who’s checking up the parcel with full of interests — well, I know that she loves those kind of things. I took a seat on the sofa, crossing my legs while watching Seulgi examining the box. For some reason, I didn’t want to check it by myself because it would make become more confuse. It can’t be Jongin.

“It’s from Mr. Kim.” Seulgi uttered, I could see a small card in her hand with a messy handwriting that I could recognize in no time. It’s Jongin’s. I took the card from Jongin, a thin smile crept on my lips as I read it.


Don’t be mad will you? I know that you might kill me after seeing this.
Hey, come on. You would look gorgeous in red, FYI.
Try it. I chose it with the help of my assistant. It should be better.
Don’t forget about our promise; We’re partners, right?
See you tonight, Miss Son.

                                             The generous one,

                                                 Kim Jongin.

“Take the dress out, Seulgi.” I said, exhaling my breath. I knew it, Jongin would never allow me to wear any dull colour for the ball. Freaking Kim Jongin is so cunning.

“Whoa, it’s beautiful! But — maybe not as beautiful as the earlier one.” I chuckled upon Seulgi’s remarks on the dress when she put it out. I hardly looked at the red-coloured dress which Jongin totally bought it for me. God, there’s no way that I would wear this kind of dress for the ball. Personally, it’s undeniably gorgeous. But somehow, just like Seulgi I prefer the earlier one — the dress from the mysterious sender which I don’t know who and it’s totally not Jongin. I couldn’t find any information about the sender at the parcel.

I glanced at the red-coloured dress again. It was made of silk and looks so glamourous — which is totally not my type at all. I like the simplicity in everything. I love it to be simple. Hm, Jongin might felt hurted if I didn’t even wear this but then — I really can’t. I just can’t.

“Seulgi, don’t you know anything about the earlier parcel? Perhaps the sender?” I asked, fingers lingering on my chin. Seulgi slowly shook off her head. “No, Miss Son. There’s no any record. The parcel just came, suddenly. I couldn’t even ask for the sender.” God, that’s weird. I’m being so curious right now.

After a few times of thinking, I finally dismissed Seulgi from my room — leaving me with unanswered questions. Who’s the sender of the earlier parcel? How come the mask from 7 years ago still exists? How come — an image of old memories came out of nowhere and —

That time, I could feel that my mind snapping out suddenly — causing my heart beating faster than ever when the thought came into my mind. My legs trembled and I fell on my seat. Shiver ran into my spine when I shifted my eyes on the pink parcel on my working table.

“D-do... Kyungsoo...” My lips trembled hard when I chanted the name. The name of the person who I missed the most during all of the years. The name of the person who I was waiting to comeback. It might sounds crazy but maybe — it’s the time for him to comeback. The only one who understands me the most, the one who definitely could read me like an open book. Yes, I still remember that he took off the mask when we’re star-gazing. I still remember his voice saying “My princess is more beautiful than the stars.” Oh god, the memories kept coming into my mind and I could feel like my heart was punding like crazy and uncontrollably.

“N-no. It can’t be.” I shook off my head. Even though I’m hoping for him to comeback, but it still feels impossible. I couldn’t just jump into my own conclusion. It might not be Kyungsoo. Maybe the other heirs from other companies who’s having crush on me — ahah, that happens quite alot. Still remember there’s once a very successful heir of BBCorp named Ahn Jaehyo asking me out but nah, I’m not interested in those dating stuffs. I rather locked myself up in the office and finish up my damn never-ending proposals and works.

I took a deep breathe all over again, helping myself to be calmed. God, I really need a help right now. Should I call Jongin? No, I can’t tell him about this yet. Not when I still didn’t know whose the sender of the beautiful black dress. I just — god, I can’t believe that this was happening to me. It’s so complicated and confusing.

My phone suddenly vibrated, showing a sign that I just received a message. I slided off the lockscreen, only to find myself drawing a thin smile as I read the notification. 1 message from Kim Jongin. Great, what a very good timing. Without having any doubt, I quickly tapped the screen to open the message and hoping that Jongin would say something related to the pink parcel. Well, who knows that he accidentally bought another dress for me? Haha.


From: Kim Jongin

Have you already see the dress? I bet that you’re going to kill
me if I’m in front of you right now.

To: Kim Jongin

Yeah, thank goodness that you’re not here.
If not I bet that you’re already became a half-cooked
human for me to eat on the dinner.

From: Kim Jongin

Half-cooked human? You really eat that!? OMG.
I thought that I got a human friend... But truthfully I got
a freaking monster as my friend. Euw, so scary.

To: Kim Jongin

Cut that crap off you bij I’m going to eat you alive
I swear to god. What the heck Jongin, a red dress really?
I’m not going to wear that for the ball. But still, maybe next time.

From: Kim Jongin

I see ‘next time’ there haha can’t wait to see you in it.
Hey, I don’t even mind okay if you don’t want to wear it.
Urgh, I’m in this you know. It’s hard to understand what
women like.

To: Kim Jongin

Oh please. I know that you only understands Soojung.
I probably know what you’re thinking. You said to me once
about how nice Soojung looked whenever she wore reds.
God, I’m envious of her. She’s like a goddess in your eyes.

From: Kim Jongin

You’re beautiful too in my eyes. But in Kyungsoo-hyung’s eyes
you’re the most. Believe that, I swear. You’re his princess.

To: Kim Jongin

Don’t even start please Kim Jongin. I don’t
want to be emotional right now. Not now.
It’s already 7 years. I don’t know whether
he’ll comeback or not. Maybe yes, but then maybe not.

To: Kim Jongin

Have faith in him please. You said it yourself that he
already promised to comeback. Believe it. Just like me.
One day, Soojung will comeback to me too. I believe in it.

To: Kim Jongin

Yeah right.

From: Kim Jongin

That’s it? You only can say that? Where’s the confidence?
I thought that you’re a person who’s full of confidence Miss Son.

To: Kim Jongin

You know, what — you are annoying but
I can’t hate you because you’re too precious
yes thank you, I love you brother. Euw.

From: Kim Jongin

Euw, since when I’m being your brother?
Haha, but that sounds nice though. I’m older
than you right? Call me oppa juseyo >.<

To: Kim Jongin

Oppa my foot you bij haha save it for Soojung.
Really, I want to meet her and tell her how idiotic
and sweet you are. It would be such a good scene.

From: Kim Jongin

Only if she came back. If not I’m going to be
stucked with you forever and ever. Lol, that
sounds so.... Terrific.

To: Kim Jongin

I’m so done with you. Oh crap, it’s already 3.
I have to go to the salon. Blame yourself if
I’m running out late. I need to wear the other dress.

From: Kim Jongin

You got a dress? Another ing dress?
I thought that you don’t have time to even
by yourself a dress  =n=

To: Kim Jongin

That... I’ll tell you later. Alright, I got to go.
See you at the ball, Jongin. I’ll call you as soon
as I arrived. And please, don’t wander around.

From: Kim Jongin

Yup, noted that. Don’t even miss any details, yeah?
See you tonight. I’ll be around the food section I guess.
Haha. Gosh, don’t worry I’m not going anywhere. BYE!


I smiled again as I read the last message that I received from Jongin. I can’t believe that he’s actually my friend. Dude, like seriously I fell for him in the first sight and I only thought that he might be my Prince Charming — maybe I was too young and naive that time to only realize that my Prince Charming is the one who’ve been with me since from the start. Jongin is more like a human fairy, or perhaps he’s the real fairy-godmother here. Just by thinking about that I made me chuckled unstoppably. It’s so funny. Really, we could never predict future.

I shook off my head, turning my heels towards my working table and pull the pink-coloured box close to me. I peeked into the box which containing a super gorgeous black dress and the identical mask which I said before. It’s damn mysterious, and confusing at the same time too. But I don’t know. My heart told me to wear it — because it might lead me to an answer; the sender of the parcel.

 


Blue Sapphire Gala Ball;


“Welcome, Miss Son. May you enjoy your night.” One of the worker of Sapphire Blue Corporation greeted me as i came out from the limousine drove by Mr. Seo, the company’s car driver. I don’t really used to hire someone to drive me to an event but since this is one of the most important event in this industry then it won’t be too exxagerate right? Thus, it’s my first time after two years having a ride in the limousine.

The walk to the Main Hall where the Ball was held didn’take a long time since the workers walked me to it. Truthfully, I felt damn nervous because there’s too many people when I reached the entrance of the Main Hall. Everyone dressed according to the dresscode — masked and gorgeous. I took a glance of my reflection on the glass door, assuming that I looked fine. A smile was plastered on my lips when I just realized how the dress suit myself so much and the mask.... Still look the same like the old time. Black heels that I’m wearing right now isn’t troublesome and I could walk comfortably — thank goodness, Seulgi really understood my taste the most.

As I enter the hall, I could see that some of the guys (the heirs from other succesful company) putting the attention to me. Gulps, I only prayed that they won’t recognize me as Son Naeun, the heiress of the succesful Son Corporation. Even though the guys were wearing their masks, I could tell their name by their appeareance. There in the left corner, I spotted the heir of OHSCORP named Oh Sehun who’s wearing a black tux with white-coloured mask alongside his younger sister, Oh Hayoung, the one who had a goldie hair and wearing a red dress with black mask. Well, I worked with them alot and I’m making a mental note to myself to greet them before the ball ended. Right now, I’m just going to search for Jongin. Duh, where’s this guy?

I kept wandering around the hall, trying to find the silhoutte of the guy named Kim Jongin. Like seriously, he was supposed to meet me right now. Gosh, I have to find him before the dance starts. I don’t to be partnered with any other man because — you know, I don’t like it. God, please where the hell is Kim Jongin?

At last, I finally decided to take a seat at a very very hidden place, far from the crowd. I love the quiet surrounding. I took out my phone and quickly dialled Jongin’s number.

“The number that you’ve been calling is not in service.”

I ended up the call. Wait, this is so weird. Jongin didn’t usually act like this. Or perhaps did something happened or he didn’t really arrived here yet? Damn, I’m so worried right now. After for a while, I decided to give a call to his personal assistant.

“Hello?”

“Jinri? Hey, it’s me.”

“Ah, Miss Son! Is there anything that I could help you?”

“Look, Jinri. Can I know Jongin’s current schedule right now?”

“Mr. Kim’s schedule? Hold on for a second.”

Sound of pages flipping could be heard. I only wished that Jinri would give a positive answer. I need to meet Jongin like right now because the dance is going to start very soon. I don’twant to dance with other guy or anyone else. I just need Jongin to save me.

“Yeah, he got a schedule. Well, he’s attending the Sapphire Blue Gala Ball in the night.”

“He did?”

“Yes. He already went there like 2 hours ago.” By judging to his personal assistant’s tone, I’m quite sure that she told the truth. By the way, there’s no way that Jongin would lie to me. He’s the man who held his words.

“If it’s like that then I think I’m hanging up for now. Thanks for the info, Jinri.”

“Sure, Miss Son. Have a good day.” I ended the call as I bid my goodbye over the phone. Sighs, Jongin did attend this event but why the hell I couldn’t find him? Or should I ask the receptionist? Nah, it’s not even serious. Maybe I just should find him again. He would around the hall, I guess. Duh, I just hoped that he didn’t fell asleep or what because — yeah, that guy could sleep anywhere.

Suddenly after for few minutes of waiting, my phone beeped which signalling that someone was calling me. A sigh of relief escaped from my lips as I read the caller ID shown on my phone screen. Thank god.

“Jongin, where the hell have you been?” I said as soon as I picked up the call. I felt worried of course, because the dance session is going to start at anytime soon.

“Naeun-ah... I... I’m already here actually.” Jongin sounded quite indifferent, which made me felt anxious yet part of me still felt relieved because of the fact that he’s already here.

“Where are you?”

“Naeun-ah.. I think I got to go... I’ll be around here I promise.. It’s just that..” I could hear Jongin’s hard breathing across the line. Did something just happened? I tried to take a look on the surroundings, hoping that I could find Jongin. But it’s impossible since the place is totally crowded right now.

“Jongin, did something happen?” I asked, my hands trembled as I gripped the hem of the black dress that I’m wearing right now.

“No... It’s just that... Sorry, I got to go.” With that, Jongin hung up. Duh, he’s acting weird like seriously. I’m trying to ignore the fact that I felt quite pissed off because of his last call. It’s so not like Jongin. He’s not the type of person that would break his promise.

“GOD. What should I do now?” I exhaled a heavy breath, throwing a glance towards the crowd once again. Everyone seems like were getting ready for the dance. I could spot some other fellow heirs from the other companies that oftenly worked with my company’s project. Whoa, there’s Park Chorong the heiress of ACube Corp and Byun Baekhyun the youngest heir of the ByunCorp. It’s quite fascinating to see both of them pairing up together for the dance — because as long as I knew, their companies are strong rivals with each other. Ha, maybe they’re going to have any collabration after this.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, please find your partners and get ready for the dance! May y’all enjoy the ball!” The CEO of Sapphire Blue Corp, Kim Heechul announced. God, I’m starting to panic like damn seriously right now. I need to find Jongin. Like seriously where’ve he been?

God, I can’t believe that I ended up being standing alone among of the crowd. It’s awkward of course because everyone seems like already found their own partners and were preparing to dance. Crap, the music already started and some of the people in the crowd were glancing at me weirdly. Oh my gosh, where is Kim Jongin?

Suddenly, out of my realization — a hand pulled me, making me gasp hardly and I ended up being in a stranger’s arms. I was shocked of course but somehow it feels so familiar. I gasped, trying to look at the stranger’s face. He’s wearing a black suit and a full black coloured mask — which is totally weird because everyone were wearing a half mask, including me. I can’t even see him clearly since the light already faded and a waltz music could be heard on the background. It was awkward. That guy is totally not Jongin but somehow I found myself not pushing him away. Because it gave me a familiar feel.

“Why are you being alone here miss?” The guy asked, his voice sounded quite unclear but I still can hear it. I couldn’t even think when that guy get a hold of my hand, hands on the my waist and he started leading me with the waltz dance. Oh god, I almost felt like I couldn’t breathe. But a least I should thank the guy for saving me from the awkward situation.

“I.. I couldn’t find my partner.” I whispered in a soft voice. I swear that my heart was beating like crazy — no this can’t be happening. I slowly followed his lead, thank goodness that I’m still good in waltz. Yeah, probably a benefit being former member of dancing club. And in the same time, I tried to figure out the guy’s identity. It’s obvious that he’s one of the heirs of the companies included tonight. But then I really can’t think much of it — and it’s totally not Jaehyo.

“Sorry that I just grabbed you like this. Out of sudden Miss Son.” I raised an eyebrow as the guy spoke. Miss Son? Does that means that he actually know me? I cleared my throat before answering, “No. I’m grateful for that.” Despite of what I’m saying, I really want to ask him — the real identity of himself, but I just can’t.

“Nice dress you have here, Miss Son. You bought it yourself?” He said, as he spinned me gracefully.

“Nope. Someone gave it to me.”

“Wow, that someone got a sense for sure. It looks beautiful on you.” He praised, slowly chuckling behind the mask. I could feel butterflies filling up my stomach right now and I couldn’t even think right. Who’s the real him?

We danced and danced, as much as I was curious but I still enjoyed the dance lot. The guy is so gentle, and he knows how to lead the dance well. I’m curious to death to know his identity. It’s quite fascinating because I didn’t even push him away like I always did to other guys. Is it because of an emergency situation?

While dancing, I think my eyes just caught a sight of Kim Jongin from afar. He’s wearing a black coloured tux with a bright white half mask — oh, and he’s dancing. With another girl. I could easily spotted that guy since he’s the only one who’s only having a blonde hair here. Probably and I could identify his body figures. It’s totally Jongin. His partner, a lady around my height — and she’s wearing a bright red dress along with black coloured mask, wow okay they suited each other’s attires as well. And Jongin seems like to enjoy the dance. I quite felt irritated by it but since I’m feeling the same too so — yeah, I don’t really mind. At least both of us enjoyed ourselves right?

The music finally stopped and all of the people in the crowd finally stopped dancing. He slowly released his hand on my waist and his grip on my hand. It’s weird because I felt quite empty when he did so.

I watched as he slowly stepped closer to me, and I could hear his voice whispering into my ears making me completely stunned.

“You’re more beautiful than the stars, Princess. Always remember that.” With that, he slowly walked away through the crowd, leaving me alone standing like a stone — being confused towards everything.

I don’t know how to react as I almost can’t breathe properly when I tried to remember again his words that he just said. It totally gives me a familiar feel. Realization hits me late — oh god, no. It can’t be. There’s no way that it’s him. But when I reminds the familiarness when both of us danced, there’s nothing to doubt anymore.

My eyes quickly wandered, finding him again. My breath hitched as I found that I couldn’t find him. No, I have to find him. Screw everyone’s judgement, I need to find the guy who danced with me earlier. Or more correctly, Do Kyungsoo. I dived through the crowd, my eyes finding his silhoutte yet I couldn’t find him. No, I can’t lose him again. How come I couldn’t recognize him at all? God, I’m so stupid.

“Naeun!” A voice calling me from the back, I stopped my steps as I turned back — only to find an exhausted Kim Jongin. His mask was already uninstalled from his face, revealing a very exhausted face of his.

“God dammit, I’m freaking sorry.” He pleaded. I gritted my teeth, finally decided that I to stop my intention earlier. I need to talk with Jongin.

“No, it’s okay. I didn’t even mind.” I said, reassuring him with a smile. He let out a heavy sigh. Suddenly, he dragged me to the end of the corner. I was shocked of course, he’s acting weird. I only watched as he tried to speak again.

“I know that this might sounds freaking impossible but... I think Soojung is back.” The moment when I heard that, I gasped. It’s almost as the same as me. Is this a coincidence?

“How did you know that?” I questioned.

“I was supposed to dance with you earlier but — a lady caught me off into a dance. And by judging to the the way she danced, I could conclude that her familiarity with Soojung is 99.9%”

“Whoa. You’re really sure about that.” I was amazed of course.

“How about you?” I raised my brows as I looked at him. “What?” A smirk was plastered on his lips. “I saw you earlier. With the full-masked guy.” My eyes fell to the ground. Oh, he saw it too.

I gulped my own saliva, hands trembled as I gripped the hem of my dress. “Yes. Kyungsoo is back too, I think.”

My words caused Jongin to drop his jaw completely. To think about the situation again, it’s weird of course. How come Do Kyungsoo and Jung Soojung are coming back at the same time? Is it truely a coincidence — or plotted one?
“We need to find them, Jongin.” I voiced out my inner thoughts. And for sure, Jongin agreed of course. At least, both of us knew that the two of them are in Korea right now. 7 years, worth waiting I guess.

“Welcome back home, Soo.”