(V)

Another Cinderella Story : It's Okay, It's Love

          “Hey.” Jongin approached me as the dance practice session ended. A soft grin was plastered on his face which made me to feel quite refreshed a bit. We’re quite close after practicing together for the entire week. Yeah, not that close but it’s a good thing since we can talk to each other in a more comfortable way. And I’m liking it. He’s a very gentle guy and quite funny.

          “You’re doing great.” The words slipped from his lips. I drew him a thin smile on my lips while shaking off my head, denying the words that he just said.

          “No. You did better,” He chuckled lightly upon my praise. Nah, it’s true though. He’s the best dancer among all of us. His movement was swift and just so accurate. When he danced, it feels like as if I’m watching a beautiful white swan swimming by the lake.

          “Thank you for your compliment but for me you’re better.” He kept denying the fact. This guy is so humble. Thank goodness that I got him as my partner. Well, there’s some kind of people who loves to boast their talent sometimes and I don’t quite fond of it. It’s inappropriate to me.

          “Anyway, are you free today?” His sudden question made me felt quite shocked. I don’t know what kind of answer that I should give him since I need to go back early today. My stepsisters are going to throw a party tonight for their birthday celebration and I will be very busy till the evening for the preparation. Gosh, the chance came in the very wrong time.

          I clasped my lips before turning to him. “Um… I…” I stuttered a little bit when I saw the pleading look on his face. Oh man, how can I even reject him?

          “I’m sorry…” I finally said it. Phew, good job Son Naeun! He looked quite disappointed when I rejected his offer but then he still managed to smile. “I guess that you’re busy, right?” Yeah. Very very busy.

          “It’s okay. Maybe next time,” He muttered. After that he excused himself and took all his stuffs then made his way to the exit. It doesn’t hurt that much right to be rejected by me? Oh come on, I’m just an ordinary girl. He doesn’t even knew me that well. Like seriously, will he even hang out with me if he knew that I’m being a prisoner in my own house? I bet that he won’t. He looks fancy by himself after all. His clothings were all branded from head to toe.

          “Come on, that’s impossible.” I said to myself. I shook off my head, trying to forget the guilty feeling for rejecting Jongin’s offer just now. Anyway, I need to pack up quickly. Jihae would probably shouted at me without mercy if I went home late today. You can’t resist her shout, you know. It sounds so hellish if it enters your earlobe. And I don’t want to hear it today for God’s sake oh please, protect me from it.

          It’s a good thing that I don’t have to wait for Kyungsoo today. He already told me that he got some stuffs to be done at the Student’s Council room. Probably about the school’s Open Day, of course. Damn, he’s being so busy without even being aware of the fact that he only have about less than two weeks to be spent with me before he leave for States. Tsk. Whenever I brought the topic in my mind, I would feel a thug of sadness in my heart. I’m slowly accepting the truth that he’s going to leave me. But then I know that Kyungsoo would never forget me. He won’t. I believe in him, as much as he believe in me to be stronger when he’s not beside me.

 

          “I believe in you.”

 

 

          “Damn,” I cursed under my breath as I looked at myself in the mirror. I almost couldn’t believe that those witches just made me to wear this black and white maid outfit. My hair was tied into bun, totally giving me a maid look. Seriously, I could never believe this. Gosh, and the worst thing was they forced me to put on the masquerade on my face. Just like my lovely step-mother said;

          “I don’t want any of my daughters’ friends recognize you. Make sure to stay anonymous.” Wow, she’s the best step-mother ever. I would rather to be locked up in my room than being a maid on their birthday, serving to everyone that most of them I knew. Well, of course for the exception that they actually knew me. I could never imagine what kind of reaction that they would give if they knew those Minji and Minah were actually my step-sisters. Whoa, at least we’re not even blood-related.

          “So, here we go.” I said to myself, trying to cheer up. Let’s get over with this. I glanced to the mirror again before I walked out from my room, making my way to the downstairs. “This is the real-life of Cinderella, indeed.” I muttered to myself before entering the kitchen and picked up some trays of cookies. Seems like the guests already filled the place. Thank goodness that the party was held around the swimming pool. At least it won’t be that hard for me to clean up after the party ended. I started to offer the cookies for the guests. Good thing that they don’t recognize me, right? I don’t need to feel embarrassed or what. Just give them the cookies and bolt away.

          All the guests seems enjoying the party so much since they kept dancing to the loud music. Thank goodness that there’s no alcohol being served if not the party would be wrecked up. Gosh, we’re just highschoolers. Alcohols is a very big no since we’re not illegal yet.

          Both Minji and Minah were probably enjoying their party well since they got so many presents from the guests. Geez, they’re making me felt jealous. But then, I don’t feel that bad as I heard some of negative comments from the guests about them. Yeah, I know. They’re freaking annoying like divas. I felt quite amused when I know that someone else would have the same thought with me.

          Half an hour already passed. Which means that I still got two hours to be worked up as a maid. Oh, crap. How I wish that the party would ended earlier than it was planned. Not long after that, I saw Jihae talking to some girls. Hm, the rich ones of course. Trying to look friendly maybe so that she would be known by them.  I hope that all of them still have their moms. Perhaps that they don’t need any step-mothers.

          “Hey,” A voice greeted me from the back despite the loud music. I almost fell when I heard the voice. Oh, crap. I nervously pushed on my masquerade before turning back. My heart beats in a faster rate, as I saw the person. It’s him.

          “Uh.. Can I have a cookie, please?” Jongin flashed his thin smile. I clasped my lips nervously, hoping that he won’t recognize me at the first sight. Like seriously, what’s he even doing here? I never thought that he would attend the party. Not at all.

          I just hold the tray to him so that he could pick the cookie. I kept praying that he would left after he took the cookie but then, he don’t. Crap.

          “Thanks.” He shortly said, still standing at the same spot while muching up the cookie. I just kept myself quiet and don’t even utter a word to him. He might recognize my voice right away, and I’m not going to let it happen. Damn, I need to get off from this situation. Finally, I decided to step away from him. It’s safer for me to do so.

          “Hey, wait!” He made his steps towards me. Oh my god, this guy really knows how to drive me crazy. Please, I need to work peacefully.

          I stopped my steps, turning to him again. For the second time, he flashed his thin smile again. As he passed me, his lips chant the magical words that could make my heart burst like crazy.

 

          “Your outfit looks so beautiful on you,”

 

          I swore to myself that I barely could breathe when I heard him. My heart was pounding like crazy and I just couldn’t even move myself. Am I dreaming or what? He just said that this nonsense outfit looks beautiful.

          Crap. I gulped in my own saliva nervously.He didn’t recognize me right? Gosh, how can I even know? It seems like he recognized me well. Freaking Kim Jongin.

          I shook off my head for continuous times, telling myself to be calm. Alright, in this matter I really need to be positive. “No. He didn’t recognize you. Maybe he just loves to see beautiful things?” My positive mind thought. Yeah, maybe in that way.

          Phew, I felt better now. My eyes wandered around, finding Jongin’s figure but then I couldn’t find him. Good, now let’s continue with the cookies. I need to refill them again since there’s only a few of them left in the tray. I heaved a sigh before made my way to the kitchen’s backdoor which located quite far from the swimming pool. Good thing tough, I could walk freely without even being cautious if I would met Jongin.

          As my hand held the knob of the door, suddenly a pair of arms gripped my body from the back. I almost screamed but then the person’s right hand quickly covered my mouth. Oh my God, I totally freaked out. I barely could breathe right now. In a swift movement, I got dragged behind the huge trees at the backyard. I couldn’t even think right and my heart pumped very fast.

          When the person’s grip loosened, I quickly freed myself from him and getting ready to throw a punch but then I stopped when I saw who the actual really person was. Gosh, I almost screamed when I saw him.

          “Do freaking Kyungsoo what the heck you’re just doing!?”

          Kyungsoo flashed his heart-shaped smile as he sat down and leaned himself against the bark of the huge tree. Like seriously, why must he did that. I smacked him and threw few light punches on his chest. Thank goodness that I don’t have a heart attack. I might collapsed at any time.

          “Surprise,” He muttered with a playful smile on his lips. Yeah, a real total surprise indeed. I took a place beside him, my hand quickly took off the masquerade from my face. Gosh, finally I could breathe well.

          “That outfit looks cute on you,” Kyungsoo complimented as he took a glance of me. I just pouted. Pft, what’s so cute about this outfit? I dislike it so much.

          “Cut that off. You’re making me cringe, here.” I said. I silently watched Kyungsoo who was in his black hoodie and jeans. I didn’t expect him to come since he’s quite busy. Well, actually I never expect him to come. He’s not a party guy though.

          “Soo…”

          “Hmm…” He hummed.

          “Why did you came?” It took for a while for Kyungsoo to answer my question. “Nothing. I just want to come,” I glanced at him with a confused look on my face.

          “What?” He hissed. I clasped my lips, shaking off my head. “Nothing.”

          Silence filled the space for a while before he talked again. “I saw him just now.” I raised my brows upon his words. “Who?”

          A thin smile crept on his lips, “Your Prince Charming, of course.” I nodded my head lightly as I understood. He’s talking about Jongin. Yeah, Kyungsoo actually already met him for few times at school since he’s the one who need to manage the new transfers.

          “He probably enjoying the party right now, right?” I muttered quietly but it was clear enough for Kyungsoo to hear.

          “No.” He suddenly snapped. I turned to him with a curious look plastered on my face. What did he actually mean?

          “He’s searching for you.” I raised my brows as I heard him. Wow, that was totally unexpected. But then he really met me just now, right?

          “Really? I just served him the cookies. Well, that’s mean that he didn’t recognize me. Thank god.” I felt quite relieved to know that he didn’t recognize me in this maid outfit.

          “It means a good sign right?” The unexpected words blurted out from Kyungsoo’s lips. For the second time, I looked at him confusedly. I just couldn’t understand his words straight away lately.

          “I mean…” He stopped for a while before he continued. “I think that he likes you.” Kyungsoo said, looking at me. “At least, he can take care of you when I left.”

          The word ‘left’ frequently sliced my heart into the small pieces. I didn’t feel good to be heard of. I heaved a sigh when I thought about it again. How I wish that it would never happened.

          “Hey,” Kyungsoo nudged at me. “Cheer up. It’s not like I’m going to leave you forever.” Kyungsoo said while lightly chuckled. I couldn’t even bring myself to smile when I thought about the things all over again.

          “Naeun-ah, I promise that I’ll be back.” I turned to Kyungsoo and stared him in the eyes. His big-rounded eyes looks beautiful under the beam of yellow light.

          “Promise?” I handed out my pinky finger to him. Oh come on, it may looks childish but this is how it works right? I really need him to keep his promise. I hope that he’ll come back one day and would be able to find me again.        

          “Yes.” Our pinky fingers entwined and somehow it feels nice to do it. It reminds me to our childhood days. We did it whenever we made our promises. For a moment, we kept being silent to each other as both of us glanced up to the sky watching the shining stars. But then suddenly it hits me that I still need to work up for the party.

          I quickly stood up but then Kyungsoo caught my hand. “Where are you going?” He asked me as he looked up. I almost panicked when I saw my wristwatch. It’s already 9 p.m oh man, Jihae would kill me if she knew that I’m gone for 15 minutes.

          “I need to go. Those cookies need to be distributed.” I looked at him pleadingy but then he just chuckled lightly. Out of sudden, he pulled me to sit again. I shot him a ‘what-are-you-doing’ look and he totally ignored it.

          “Come on. Just rest. I already got my maid to cover you up there.” My jaw almost dropped when I heard his words. As usual, Kyungsoo was a very unexpectable person.

          “How did you-”

          “Oh come on. I’m a fairy-godmother. I would do anything to save my Princess.” Aww, how sweet of him. I adjusted my position into the comfortable one. My head was leaned on his shoulder, continuing to watch the stars again.

          “Soo…”

          “Yes?”

          “You know what…”

          “What?”

          I looked at him before I mumbled up my other words. “You’re the best.” He scrunched his nose in a cute way, “I know.”

          “And you know what?” He suddenly snapped.

          “What?” I shot him a curious look again. He shook off for a while and his smile never leave his face. His hand reached for my bun, gripping it in a gentle way. In just a second, he released my hair. The bun was finally gone.

          “You look more beautiful like this,” He said as he caressed my hair in his own way. The gentle touch of his that will always make me felt safe being with him. I looked up to the sky again. I saw everything, just name it; Big Dipper, Scorpio and also Orion. Well, I’m still searching for the Southern Cross.

          “The stars are beautiful.” I mumbled with my eyes plastered on the sky.

          “Yeah, they’re beautiful.” He nodded in agreement.                 

          “But my Princess looks more beautiful, indeed.”

          Somehow I felt like my heart bursts a lot tonight. And it happened because of two persons. First, my Prince Charming and second; My fairy-godmother. Also known as my bestfriend, Do Kyungsoo. The person that you can’t find anywhere in this world. The only one, Do Kyungsoo.