(III)

Another Cinderella Story : It's Okay, It's Love

                I woke up early to prepare the breakfast for the ‘three witches’ and myself of course. I couldn’t bear myself to skip breakfast as I knew that it would affect myself if I don’t take it. So, I guess that both Minah and Minji were busy dolling themselves before going to school while me was already in my school uniform. I fastened my pace to the gate as I saw a figure that makes my morning goes bright.

          “Good morning, fairy-godmother!”

          Kyungsoo lightly chuckled upon my greeting. He looks neat in his school uniform as always. A headphone was wrapped around his neck, yeah he would be listening to all sort of ballad songs as his breakfast. Ha-ha. He couldn’t live without his MP3 player and I knew it. Kyungsoo loves it so much because he bought it when he achieved his first salary as a part-timer. We walked together to school, having a little chat about the school club stuffs.

          “Kyungsoo, how’s your club’s preparation for the upcoming Open Day?”        

          “Yeah. It’s quite hard but I’ll try my best then. I don’t know that being the president of the Musical Club would be this tiring.” He said as he let out a heavy sigh. The Open Day would be in just a few weeks from now. Oh come on, it’s not a big deal right? But then I realized that Kyungsoo would feel burdened as the performance from the Musical Club would be the main attention.

          “Anyway, I heard that your club is currently preparing for something special. What kind of performance is it?”

          “I guess that we’re doing great. But still….” I paused, hesitating to tell Kyungsoo a real issue of her problem. She didn’t have time to tell him since Kyungsoo spent almost his holidays in Hawaii.

          “It’s just that… The president still couldn’t find a capable person to be my partner during the performance,”

          “Ah… That’s too bad.” He muttered, patting my back softly. I gave him a bittersweet smile while silently praying that someone would volunteer to be my partner for the dance performance. I’m supposedly partnered with some guy named Seok Chaejin from my grade but then he needs to be pulled out because of his injury. The dance routine is quite hard, that’s why none of the members dared themselves to replace Chaejin’s place.

          “It would be great if I know how to dance,” He shrugged off, letting out a heavy sigh. I lightly chuckled and ruffled his hair. He shot a death glare towards me which meant the sign for me to stop making him felt irritated.

          “Oh come on, having a voice sweet as nectar is hundred times better than dancing. Your singing skill is totally no joke. I’ll be your fan forever, Soo.” A smile lit up on his face as he heard me. There, his heart-shaped smile that’ll drove girls crazy. Ah, did I ever mention about how popular Kyungsoo was in school? Well, to be honest… He’s quite popular since his involvement in the student council and school matters. Yeah, he’s a busy guy yet he’s still doing great in his studies. Gosh, I envy him a lot. After all, I’m not that bad though. I almost had a thought of giving up for my studies but then thanks to Kyungsoo, he saved me from being dumb. I need to be smart and educated to take over all my father’s wealth again. I’m not going to let those ‘witches’ holding it forever.

 

 

          “Ah, what a slight freedom,” I muttered to myself as I breathed in the fresh air at the school rooftop. Oh and yes, I’m skipping my Art class. Gosh, I really need a break because I’m not in the mood to study Art right now. By the way, I already mastered the subject well since I can do sketchings and paintings well. It’s not going to be a problem for me to miss a little information of the subject, right?

          I leaned my back against the wall while looking at the sky. It looks beautiful even with just a colour. I drew a smile, “Mom, Dad… Are you guys watching me?” Ah, I miss them a lot these days. I d my uniform’s pocket, pulling out my MP3 player. I put on on the earplugs on my ear and played some ballad songs. Most of them were Kyungsoo’s favourites. Geez, how sentimental my bestfriend was. I closed my eyes as I wanted to relax myself. I need to make sure that I don’t fell asleep because I don’t want to miss the next class.

          After a while, I heard a sound of the door being opened. Someone was here. I quickly stood up and quietly sneaked to the other side, probably hiding myself behind the walls. A sigh of relief left my lips as I saw a figure with the same school uniform as me. Phew, luckily it’s not the disciplinary teacher. I thought that I’ll be dead!

          Oh wait! It’s a male student. I couldn’t see his face clearly since he’s facing to the front. The guy seems quite tall and his skin is dark. Not that dark but slightly tanned. He has a messy jet black hair. A red-coloured headphone was wrapped around his neck.

          “Geez, I miss Japan.” Suddenly the guy’s muttered but I can hear it clear. He covered his ears with his headphone. Finally, he turned back and she could see his face clearly. “Oh…My…God…” I muttered quietly. I almost couldn’t move myself. I barely can breath and my heart was beating in a fast rate. What’s happening to me?

          “He looks.. Like a prince,” I finally mumbled to myself while enjoying the beautiful figure in my sight. Gosh, am I dreaming? Is this even real? I pinched myself and I found that it hurts… So I’m not dreaming. This is freaking real.

          While I’m so busy controlling my feelings, the guy leaned his back against the walls just like I did just now. He closed his eyes, probably seems like he’s going to take a short nap. I stood still while watching him interestedly. He almost looks like a human angel when the light rays of the sun hit his face. He pouted cutely like a baby before changing his position. I need to control myself as I don’t want him to realize my presence.

          Suddenly it hits me. Wait, I never saw him before so that’s mean… He’s a transferred student. Hmm, it’s obvious though since I’ve been hearing some rumours about the new transfers. I bet that he’s one of them. Anyway, the guy mentioned something about Japan. He’s not from this country, eh? But he still looks like a Korean though.

          “Oh crap!” I jerked off as I took a glance of my wristwatch. It’s almost the end of my Art class. I need to go back and be prepared for the next class. I tiptoed towards the door opened it. I took a glance of him, the smile never leave my lips. “Sleep well, my dear Prince.”

Imperial High School’s Musical Club Room;

          “Kyungsoo!” I shouted for his name as I entered the room. It’s only both of us since the other members of the Musical Club have already gone home. Kyungsoo said that he needs to take care of something so I’m going to give him a company until he finished his works. Anyway, I don’t have to prepare the lunch for today since Minji and Minah already told me that both of them were going to have a lunch with their lovely mother at some 5-stars hotel in Seoul. Psh, what a luck.

          “Hey,” He responded with a grin on his face. He looks quite tired and worn out yet he still being determined to arrange all the music sheets in his hands.

          “Ah, this is crazy. I need to study for my test tomorrow yet I’m stuck here with these stuffs,” Kyungsoo whined which made me to crack a light chuckle. I took the seat beside the busy club president. How I wish I could help him but then Kyungsoo is not the type of person that would ask someone else’s help when doing his works. To be honest, he’s really an independent person. So I just sat there and watched him as he finished his works quietly. But the thing was, I didn’t even realize that I actually fell asleep. By the time I opened my eyes, Kyungsoo was already done with his works. Phew, finally.

          “Tired, huh?” Kyungsoo said to me while flashing his glamourous heart-shaped smile. I lightly nodded as I yawned a bit. Gosh, it feels so heaven to have a peaceful sleep. Both of us leave after Kyungsoo cleaned the room a bit as it’s supposed to be. Well, he’s a very neat person. It makes me want to laugh out loud every time I thought about Do Kyungsoo; My bestfriend. He’s the most reliable person in this world to me. I couldn’t imagine how dark my world would be without him.

          “How’s your day today?” He started the conversation as we passed the school gate. For some reason, it made me smile when I heard his question. Today is totally amazing! It’s finally been the day where I met my Prince. Of course, Kyungsoo will be the first person to know about this.

          “It’s amazing..” I told him with a dreamy smile plastered on my face. Kyungsoo threw me that kind of ‘tell-me-what-is-it’ expression and yeah, of course I’m going to tell him everything.

          “Tell me, then.”

          So I started telling him about I ditched my Art class and Kyungsoo was a little angry about but it won’t last long because I know that he can’t be mad at me for a long time. Basically, I just told him that I met my so called Prince Charming today at the school’s rooftop and how beautiful the moment was to me. He ended up laughing out loud after I said that I don’t even know who was my Prince Charming really is because I never saw him before. And then Kyungsoo started to make fun of me and kept telling me that maybe it’s just some ghost or just my imagination. Pfft, he really knew how to be annoying sometimes.

          “So… Do you think that you’ll meet him again?” He asked with a nosy tone of his. Somehow I think that he felt bothered about the discovery of my Prince Charming because he kept denying with what I just saw. Oh come on, my eyes didn’t lie. It’s a human-being after all.

          “Silly, of course! He enrolled in the same school with us, and there will be a lot of chances for me to meet him again.” I said in a tone with full of hope. It will be super nice if I could meet him every day. I bet that I’ll smile like a fool all day long.

          “Geez, I never know that you’ll be this cheesy. Somehow it makes me feel want to puke,” Kyungsoo joked while putting up an act. I smacked him on his back to make him stop. Gosh, he’s so annoying sometimes!

          After we finally reached my mansion, I quickly checked out for the ‘witches’ presence. My father’s sedan was gone which meant that all three of them were not home yet. Yay, what freedom! Well, I do enjoy this temporary-freedom because it feels like heaven you know for not having them at home. Seems like they’ll be gone until dinner so I don’t have to prepare the dinner for them. Yes, what a relief.

          “It seems like they’re not home yet, huh?” Kyungsoo guessed as I approached him after my check out. I nodded happily and played an act of a happy prisoner which made Kyungsoo to crack up a very loud laugh. Euw, I hate to admit this but he sounded like a sweet honey. That’s why I always love to joke up with him.

          “Alright Soo.. So, what now?” I asked him before I went in. Kyungsoo drew a smile before he d his hand in his left pocket, pulling out something. I don’t know what it is but then he pulled my right hand and put it in my palm and closed it. It feels quite cold so I assumed that it must’ve been some metal-like materials. And this is something that you need to know about Kyungsoo; He loves to make surprises. Especially when he’s with me.

          “What’s this, Soo?” I literally asked him, and he gave a sign for me to open up my palm. I gasped as I saw what the thing is. I shot a surprised look but then he just showed me a poker face on his face. Damn you, I hate you so much fairy-godmother.

          “Kyungsoo. What’s this?” I tried to sound serious despite that I’m overwhelming with joy. It must’ve been any reason for this. Kyungsoo made his steps towards me and slowly… He pulled out a hand and…

 

          “Tak!”

 

          “OUCH!” I winced in pain after he flicked me with his fingers on my forehead. Oh man, now what? He let out a soft chuckle before he softly caressed the flicked spot.

          “Damn you. I swear that I’ll take a revenge for this!” I shrieked.

          “What? You want it more?” He was getting ready to reach my forehead again with his killer fingers but then I stopped him by smacking him on his forehead. Ha, serves him right!

          “Okay, enough with that. Now what’s with this Kyungsoo?” I said while showing him the thing in my palm. He just smiled and stared at me. Oh come on, he always be like this.

          “Soo…” I pleaded. And he surrendered. He could never win against me.It took him for a while to said, “It’s just… A present, for you.” I let out a heavy sigh while looking at his present. The truth is… It’s a locket. A very beautiful locket with a pendant which shaped like a star. It may looks quite simple but then it’s so gorgeous in my eyes. I don’t think that I deserved such kind of present from him. It’s too fancy.

          “Just take it. I’m trying to be a good fairy-godmother, here.” He said jokingly yet I couldn’t even laugh. How I wish that he could understand me right now.

          “Kyungsoo… I don’t deserve this,” I told him. I pulled his right hand and put the locket on his palm. He gave me a pleading look but I didn’t give in. “Naeun…” He called my name in a very pleading tone.

          “Soo… Why do you even want to give me this? It’s not like I’m going to have my birthday soon.” I kept the serious tone when I’m speaking to him. He just shrugged.

          “Nothing. It’s just because I wanted to,” He drew a thin smile. Gosh, he’s making me feel guilty. I never have a chance to give him any fancy presents. All I can do was being with him when he had a rough day or listening to his problems. But mostly, he’s the one who did everything to me. And now, he’s giving me such a thing that I could never afford of. Silence was filled between two of us. It seems like Kyungsoo was giving me a little time to at least consider his gift.

          “Son Naeun… You’re my best friend. You do know how much I cherish your existence in this world, right? Come on, it’s just a simple present. Please just accept it, okay? I worked hard as a part-timer to buy this,”

          I didn’t say anything as I’m speechless. And his words made me felt so touched and I might had cried but then fortunately I’m not. Phew, he would be in a big trouble if I cried. It took me a while before I nodded my head. Kyungsoo let out a sigh of relief and approached my hand and slipped the locket in my palm.

          I couldn’t take my eyes off from the locket as I looked at it. Kyungsoo really knows my style. “Thank you.” I said, making my light steps towards him. I pulled him into a quick hug before ruffling his hair into a mess. Of course, he’s being glad that I’m not being serious anymore.

          “Yes, that’s my princess.” He said while chuckling. I punched him softly on his arm. “You’re a bad fairy-godmother.” I said while trying to put on the locket around my neck. Kyungsoo got hold of my hair so that it would be easier for me to put it on. I could see a smile drawn on Kyungsoo’s lips as he took a glance of the locket around my neck.

          “See? I knew that it would look great on you,” He praised, making me felt quite honoured to have it.

          “It’s already look pretty itself. You’re a good chooser.”

          “Yes, indeed. It’s a fortunate thing to have a girl as my best friend.” I threw him another punch with my fist. Tch, I’m the one who’s lucky to have him as my best friend.

          “Oh well, then. It’s getting late and I need to go home now. I don’t want to chant some magic words to kill some witches, later.” I chuckled out lightly upon his statement. I bid him a good bye and went in after he’s gone. Phew, another hectic day. But then it’s a relief that I don’t have to cook anything for them. A cup of ramen would be enough for my dinner. Speaking of that, I missed Kyungsoo’s home made spaghetti. Seriously, it’s freaking good.

          “Soo, thank you for everything.” I muttered quietly to myself. It’s weird to know that he still don’t have a girlfriend. Thinking about that makes me want to laugh suddenly. He’s a sweet guy. Not to mention that he’s good looking but then… He still haven’t got someone. What a waste. Whoever that got him would be the luckiest person ever in this world.

          I walked upstairs to my room while playing the star-shaped pendant with my hand. I quickly changed and washed up before changing into my white t-shirt and a pair of black pants. I tried to sleep but then I can’t. Suddenly, an image of the guy at the rooftop earlier came into my mind. I wonder who he was. I’m curious about him. I still remember how fast my heart beated when I took a glance of him. What if he’s the Prince Charming that I’ve been waiting for? I hope that I’ll have a chance to know him more.

          Without I realized, I fell asleep and I had a very nice dream. In my dream, I met my Prince Charming. But then, I couldn’t see his face clearly. Oh man, seriously. Who is he? How I wish I knew the answer.