(IX)

Another Cinderella Story : It's Okay, It's Love

                “Have you finished packing up all of your things?” His mom’s head popped up through his bedroom door. Kyungsoo smiled, nodding his head slowly. His mother’s relieved sigh could be heard even from afar. They’re leaving soon. Too soon than he ever expected.

         “I’m going to miss this place alot,” His mom said as he walked in. Kyungsoo nodded while his eyes wandering around his room. His to-be-old-room. Too many memories he made in this room. He cracked a smile on his lips, suddenly it reminds him to the moment when Naeun first visited his house. She’s in the 7th grade that time while he’s in 8th grade. She’s totally in awe when she first stepped in, she kept saying about how nice his room was compared than hers. Yes, eversince her father passed away, her wicked stepmother instructed her to leave her old room and moved to the maid’s room which was quite smaller. But she didn’t mind it. As long as she got a place to sleep, she’s grateful.

         “Yeah, me too. This place really means alot to me.” He muttered with a smile. Being an understanding mother Mrs. Do was, she pat her son’s shoulder softly. She knew how heavy her son’s heart was to leave this place. But what can they do? They need to be by her husband’s sides. They’ve been away from each other for too long. It’s not an easy decision to be made by her to agree upon their transfer to the States.

         After for a while, his mom finally left his room since she’s still got so many things to be arranged. Kyungsoo heaved a sigh. Like seriously, he almost couldn’t believe that it’s finally happening. Suddenly, he just remembered about a thing. He stood up from his bed and went to his studying table. He pulled out the drawer and took a large brown envelope. He stared at the brown evelope for quite long. Everything were stuffed in the envelope. The things in the envelope that will probably change Naeun’s life. That’s what he really wants to do before he leave. He wants Naeun to have a proper life, without him by her side. She deserves a better life, and he’s going to make sure of it. Without wasting anytime, he quickly put on his jacket and left his room with the brown envelope in his hand. It’s now or never. He’s going to save her life before he left.

         “Don’t worry Naeun. You’re going to have a better life after this, I promise. Get ready to be freed from your wicked fairytale world.”

 

 

         “You’re grounded for a month!” Jihae stern voice entered my ears. Truthfully, I didn’t felt anything as I already expected it. I just kept myself being silent, and after a moment I finally made up my mind to bolt up to my room. Yeah, right I know that it’s rude but I already had too much of it. I couldn’t stand it anymore.

 

         “SON NAEUN DON’T YOU DARE TO REPEAT YOUR MISTAKES AGAIN!”

 

The witch shouted again. Wow, she really had a great vocal chords I could even hear her voice even though I’m currently in my room. Well, to be frank it’s her speciality. I almost cursed as her voice really wanna makes my eardrum exploded. Gosh, poor me.

“Man, I’m totally doomed.” I whined to myself while throwing my body on my bed. Then suddenly something just came into my mind. “Oh my God.” I hissed under my breath. Damn, what should I do now? I’m officially grounded. How am I going to see Kyungsoo tomorrow for the last time? I frustratedly ruffled my hair. No, I need to find a way. I can’t just let him go just like that without even seeing him. At least, I should meet him before he went to the airport. God, I should be more careful during the last time. How could I didn’t think about that?

“I would risk anything to meet him before he’s leaving. God please, I need to meet him.” I prayed as I slammed my face against my pillow. Damn, I don’t even have a cellphone. This is so burdening. Oh whatever, all I need to think right now is how am I getting out from here. Only for a day.

“Soo. Please wait, I’ll find a way to meet you.” I said. Honestly I couldn’t even think right now. Like seriously, it’s freaking damn impossible for me to do that. All I can hope is for a miracle to happen. God, please. I’m begging you — Let me meet him before he left. That’s all that I could only wish for. I won’t ask much.

 

 

         “Are you being serious about this matter Mr. Do?” The half-aged man stared at him with a very serious expression on his face. Kyungsoo clicked his tounge, giving a little nod to the elder. The man almost couldn’t believe of what he just saw. He kept staring at the pictures that the young man gave to him — The pictures of the only heiress of Son Corporation, Son Naeun. The pictures of her doing all of the house chores and heavy works. What a poor girl.  And of course, he felt very guilty for letting this kind of thing happened. How come he didn’t even aware of this?

         “Please. I’m asking you a favour to save her.” Kyungsoo stared the man with full of hope, making the man felt more guilty. It was supposed to be his responsibilty. He stuffed all of the pictures again in the brown envelope.

         “I’m sorry. I really didn’t know that this was happening.” The man said. Kyungsoo clasped his lips. “It’s not your fault, Lawyer Jang. You’re deceived, just like the others.” The man stared at the young man with full of admiration. He’s young but very ambitious and kind-hearted.

         “She’s been living like that for years. I couldn’t bear to see her like that anymore. So please....” The younger begged. “Save her.” Lawyer Jang finally nodded his head. It’s his responsibility to protect the only heiress of the Son Corporation. He really thought that Han Jihae, who was the current president of Son Corporation did her responsiblity as a mother well. He was totally deceived by her evilish act. How stupid.

         “Mr. Do, I promise that I’ll make sure that she’ll get her rights. She didn’t deserve to live in hell for even once. I’m going to take the full responsiblity to fix all of this.” Lawyer Jang said. Kyungsoo heaved a relieved sigh. He’s glad that everything really went well like he imagined. Now he could finally leave peacefully without any regrets. Oh wait — There’s something more that he didn’t do. He didn’t even tell Naeun his real feelings towards her. No, it’s impossible. The love feelings that he had for Naeun might break their friendship that they already built for too many years. He didn’t want to risk it. After all, Naeun only had her eyes on Jongin. He could tell how crazy she was about Jongin. And he didn’t care about his happiness. All that matters to him was Naeun’s happiness.

         With a relieved smile, Kyungsoo finally walked out from the lawyer’s office, probably satisfied. With that, he wouldn’t be worried anymore about the thought of himself leaving.

         “Have a nice life, Son Naeun. You didn’t deserve to even live in Hell. You’re my Cinderella, and I will save you as your fairy-godmother. Being a fairy-godmother in your eyes was already enough to make me happy. Maybe I’m not destined to be your prince,” Kyungsoo exhaled while looking up to the sky. God, how could he even live without the person named Son Naeun? The person that he loves more than he loves himself. Maybe it’s already written for them.

         “Maybe I wasn’t destined for you... I wasn’t destined to be your Prince. But I’m happy,” The heart-shaped smile never leave his lips. Kyungsoo walked his steps along the road with a heavy heart yet it was contained by brief happiness. It’s okay, as long as he loves her. It’s okay, as long as he still got the memories with her. It’s okay. He’s happy with just only that.

 

 

         It’s finally the day. Unfortunately, I’m trapped in my own prison. Tsk, what a pitiful life I had. Now what? Kyungsoo probably already gone to the airport by now. I just couldn’t sit still as I kept wandering back and forth in my room. Oh yeah, not forget to mention my locked room. It’s still feels nice though to be locked in here, at least I didn’t have to make the house chores and those cooking stuffs. But for now, it’s not a suitable time to rest. I need to find a way out from this hell. I need to meet Kyungsoo before he left. God, help me. Please let a miracle happened. Perhaps God would grant me a unicorn or pegasus from the sky. Okay, that’s totally nonsense.

         “Soo, please wait for me.” I prayed. I glanced at my wristwatch. Gosh, it’s already 1.30 PM and I’m totally trembling right now. I almost broke into tears when I thought about it. I don’t want him to leave without even seeing me for the last time. Like seriously, I really need help right now.

         Suddenly, the sound of the door being unlocked distracted my thought. The door was opened revealing the face of my step-mother, with a fierce expression on her face. I gulped my own saliva. It gave off the danger vibes to me, and of course it made me to tremble more.

         “You have a guest, downstairs.” Her stern voice never left her. I stared at her confusedly, making her to twitch her brows. “Come. You need to put up a show.” Now I understand. Since we’re having a guest, she’s asking me to act nice to her. Just like a mother with her real daughter.

         I stood up from my place, getting ready to walk out from my room with her. Jihae didn’t took a long time to put an act of a lovely mother, which makes my innerself wanna puke so badly. Euw, like seriously. How plastic herself was.

         As we walked downstairs, I could hear the sound of my stepsisters, Minah and Minji were chuckling from the living room. I wonder who’s coming. But by judging to the situation, maybe I could use this as an opportunity to escape myself for a while. She couldn’t just resist my wish in front of the guest. Like I said, she’s a lovely-plastic-mother.

         My jaw almost dropped off when I entered the living room. What the hell was Kim Jongin doing here!? Like seriously, I almost suffered from a mental breakdown as I knew what kind of tornado that I would face after this. Damn, Jihae will kill me.

         “There you are, Naeun. I’ve been waiting for you for too long,” Jongin said with a radiant smile plastered on his face. Jihae pulled me to sit with her, and of course being an experienced actress I was, I tried to act like usual eventhough it feels quite awkward. But still, I kept wondering what makes Jongin to come here. And thanks to him, Minji and Minah really behaved well to me. Of course, they’re crazy of him too. They’re probably the members of KJI FC (Kim Jongin Fan Club) at the school. Euw, that’s creepy.

         “I’m sorry on behalf of Naeun. I hope that she didn’t cause any trouble.” Jihae said to Jongin, sounding all nice. Oh my god, I need to puke right now seriously. Jongin let out his affectionate chuckle.

         “No, Ma’am. She don’t. She did great, that’s why the teacher wants to see her.” Jongin replied. I stared at him with a very confused expression on my face. Teacher? What the hell he’s talking about? While I’m being the only one who’s still confused about the situation, suddenly Jongin bluted out.

         “Come Naeun. We’re going to be late. Mr. Lee is waiting for us.”

         His words made me to be taken aback. What did he just meant? We’re going to somewhere? And Jihae seems like to approve it. Minah and Minji threw me their jealous expressions. Pft, like I care. It didn’t took a long time for Jongin to settle up with Jihae. Wow, like seriously. I never thought that she’ll be that easy on Jongin. Perhaps that she knew about Jongin’s family background. Gosh, was she never be tired of being materiallistic?

         With that, Jongin dragged me to his car. I’m still clueless about all of these things yet I just follow him up. For some reason I trusted Jongin. As his car left my house, I took the chance to ask him for an explanation.

         “What just happened, Kim Jongin?” He didn’t reply me yet he smiled which made my cheeks burnt abit. Damn, this guy.

         “Where are we going?” I asked again. And he shortly replied, “Airport.” Finally I understand about the whole situation. I didn’t took a long time to shove Jongin into a hug. “Oh my god, like seriously I owe you alot for this one! Thank you very very much!” I said. Jongin couldn’t help but chuckled. God, I just can’t believe that it’s happening to me. It’s totally a miracle!

 

         “Hey, wait! How did you know about the thing that I couldn’t leave the house?”

         “I don’t know,”

         “But—”

         “Kyungsoo-hyung called me.”

 

         The moment when he muttered Kyungsoo’s name, I felt a thug in my heart. Eventhough he’s leaving, he still thought about me. “What did he told you?” I asked, sounding quite sad.

         “He told me to fetch you. For some reason, he said that something might happened to you. And he’s afraid if he couldn’t see you for the last time before he left. And he asked me a favour to be your savior once in a lifetime.” A smile crept on my lips. Do Kyungsoo, the man who was full of surprises. The one that you could never predict.

         “Thank you, Jongin.” I said. Jongin who realized the dark expression on my face took a decision console me up. Like seriously, he’s a warm person. “Don’t be sad. You’re going to meet him before he leave. That’s what he wished for too.” Yeah, he’s right. I really hope that I could manage to send him off happily. But seems like it’s quite hard. After all the years that I spent with Kyungsoo, I realized that he’s more important than myself. I could never find any person like him anymore in this world. The person who cared about me the most and the person who will always be by my side. Eventhough he’s leaving, I believe that I would always be in his thought.

         “I don’t know how to say this but he’s really important to me,” I muttered as I leaned my head against the car seat. Jongin glanced towards me, “You loved him, don’t you?” For some reason, I didn’t reply him. Truthfully, I also didn’t know. I couldn’t describe my feelings to him. I felt infinite. Too much feels when it comes to Kyungsoo.

         “I loved him? No, I loved him more than I love myself. That’s what it is.” My mind spoke without I even realized. Gosh, it’s so complicated.

 

 

Incheon International Airport;

 

         “Over here!” Both of us rushed into the airport, finding the departure hall. I could only pray that Kyungsoo was still there since we were late for already few minutes. Gosh, it’s totally the most nerve-wrecking moment in my life!

         “Jongin! Naeun!” A voice called out our name. And we found out that it’s Taemin. He approached us, “Hey, you better be quick! He’s going to fly soon.” We thanked him and quickly bolted to the departure hall, hoping that we’re still capable to see him. And thank goodness, we did.

         “You guys came,” Kyungsoo approached us, he chuckled lightly as he saw the two of us were panting hard. I shoved Kyungsoo into a hug, my hot breath hit the back of his neck as I panted.

         “Thank goodness that I made it.” I mumbled. I could feel that Kyungsoo was drawing a heartwarming smile as he caressed my hair. “I’m glad that you did.” After for a while, I released him. Oh and yes, I was quite embarrassed as I just realized that his mother was there. Mrs. Do grinned as she looked at us.

         “Naeun, we’re going to miss you alot,” Mrs. Do greeted me as she spread her arms, offering a hug. And yes, of course I took it. Indeed, Kyungsoo’s mom is one of the best women that I ever met on Earth. She’s so nice, just like his son. They’re just like human-angels.

         “I’m going to miss you guys too.” I replied to her before breaking the hug. Mrs. Do told me few of her last words before she excused herself. I’m glad that she’s still love me like she always do. She told me to never give up in life, and be strong. See, like I said — she’s so sweet just like her son too.

         “Okay, you guys need to catch up. We’re going to leave soon. And son, don’t be too late.” Mrs. Do left as she need to settle up few stuffs about the flight.

         “Thank you Jongin.”  Kyungsoo said, looking at Jongin. Yeah, I almost forgot Jongin’s presence here. Jongin smiled, patting up his senior’s shoulder. “Nah, it’s a small matter. After all, she’s my friend.”

         I grinned as I nudged at Jongin. “I almost can’t believe that you came and brought me here. Thanks, buddy.” I said. After few conversations, Jongin left and he said that he’ll wait for me at the car.

         Kyungsoo shifted his gaze on me with the smile never leaving his face. Gosh, I’m going to miss that smile. It’s kinda awkward since it’s only both of us there, facing up to each other. I don’t know why, but it’s awkward — which also makes my heart pumped in a fast rate.

         “So... You’re leaving soon?” The words escaped from my mouth — and for some reason I felt quite embarrassed because I shouldn’t spoke like that. He’s leaving, of course. Gosh, what a totally dumb question. My cheeks burnt up as Kyungsoo brought his hand to my hair and ruffled it. Somehow it feels weird. My heart fluttered — even though the fact that he already done it for many times.  But this time... It feels weird.

         “You need to promise me that you’re going to take a good care of yourself, okay?” He said, earning a little nod from me. I didn’t talk much but my eyes never leave his figure.

         “I promise, Soo.” I said, holding out my pinkie finger. Kyungsoo giggled a bit as he entwined our fingers together. Even for the last time we still managed to act childish like we always did.

          “That’s my princess,” He chuckled, showing his heart-shaped smile. My legs almost became limb when I heard the ‘princess’ word. Oh my god, I’m going to miss that so much. It didn’t took any longer for me to make he repeat that again.

         “Say that again.”

         “Hmm?”

         “Say that princess word again.” I begged. Kyungsoo smiled, swiftly pulling me into his arms. Damn, he’s doing it again. He’s doing the thing that would never fail to make my heart race. I could feel his hot breathe on my neck, my heart clenched when I heard his whisper in my ear, “Take care, princess.”

         Crap. I burst into tears. I broke my promise to myself that I would not cry in front of him when he’s leaving. His shoulder was wet with my hot tears yet he just let it be. I cried more when he softly patted my back, slowly and gently like he always did. I’m going to miss all his warm touches, his laugh, his smile and everything about him.

         “Shh... Everything’s gonna be alright. I’m not going anywhere.” He said, breaking the hug as he held my shoulders with both of his hands. His eyes staring at me.

         “Because I know that I’ll always be in there,” He pointed at my heart. I lightly nodded as I drew a heartbreaking smile on my lips, tears still flowing on my cheeks. How can he afftected me just like that? How can he makes me smile when it hurts like hell?

         “Don’t cry,” He wiped my tears with his hands, “You look beautiful even when you cry but it hurts me,” After for a while, I finally managed to get hold of myself. Seriously, he really knows how to control me. God, he knows me more than I even know myself.

         Kyungsoo glanced at his wristawtch, which by that I knew that it’s finally the time for him to go. He needs to go. For the last time, he took a glance of me. He cupped my cheeks while his face slowly moved towards me. I swore that I almost couldn’t breathe. My heart jumped when he left a long peck on my forehead. Somehow, it feels truly magical. It’s like a dream. I don’t know how to even describe this kind of feeling — I feel infinite.

         “Soo....” My lips muttered his name. I couldn’t even move. I’m totally paralyzed because of that peck on my forehead. As his lips left my forehead, it feels empty. So does my heart.

         “I need to go.” He said, his hand reached for mine. “Farewell, Son Naeun.” With that he released my hand, making his steps away without even looking back. My heart clenched of course, it broke into pieces. He’s really leaving which I almost couldn’t believe. My eyes never leave him, until he’s gone. From that moment, it really feels empty.

         “Farewell, Do Kyungsoo.”

    

    

 

Phew, finally an update lol haha sorry if I didn't update daily tsk I'm so busy lately moreover I need to making applies for the universities. Wish me for the best lol hahaha I really want to take the English course. Oh and yeah, I really want to thank the readers and subscribers wheeps don't forget to leave your comments below haha I really love to read it. To those who loves to read the story about KyungEun couple, please visit my one-shot ; Love Like Fairytale. Alright, adios!