Chapter 3

Come Back To Me

*4 years ago*


Its just like any other christmast. Seunghyun wandering around times square alone. He always enjoyed his time alone, so when his friends invited him to christmast party in Japan, Vegas, London, he just somehow popped to New York and travelling alone, not to mention his parents always had a plan for themselves. The snow slowly falling, made it a white christmast. Christmat song could be heard from everwhere and every people has a big smile on their face. Almost.


Seunghyun finished his dinner and waiting for his wine. He always enjoyed wine after dinner. His attention shifted toward a couple fight. Well, teenage boy and girl fight. The girl backfacing him so he couldnt saw her face. But the boy looked a bit asian. They screamed and shouted at each other, with cigarette and beer in their hands.


'Kids nowadays' he thought.

He decided to ignore that and continue enjoyed his finally-coming wine. He walked around the suburb, wanted to get a fresh air and a quiet place. He left his car and walked towards a park. The snow slowly piled up, made the weather colder and Seunghyun immediately thought about hot chocolate. It would be good, right?


From the park, Seunghyun could saw New york from above, watched every lamp in that big city. Its beautiful sight and Seunghyun couldnt get tired about it.


He lit up his cigarette and sat down. He loved to just sit and enjoy the scenery like this. It just somehow made him calmer, with a lot of things going through his mind. He enjoyed his loneliness and this place was a perfect place because no one passed this park at this hour,Enjoyed their christmast eve with family.

He was about to lit up his third stick when he realized there's something below the tree a bit far from him. 'Maybe its cat or some wild animal' he thought, but his curiousity made him walked slowly towards that thing. He came closer when finally realized that its actually human! He shocked and rushed towards the human. He realized that the human is a girl and she is the woman who fought from before. He could tell from the clothes she wore. Not many teenage girl wore Versace coat, right?


He examined her carefully, she looked messy with blood everywhere in her face. Someone must be beaten her pretty bad. Her shirt was ripped and she just wore her .

This girl was ? Oh . Seunghyun tought.

He hold her hands to check her impulse and its there but weak. He quickly took off his coat and wrapped around her. He have to brought her to the hospital. He was about to carried her when she suddenly grabbed his wrist and breath heavily.


'Please..sir..just..kill me..please..dont bring me..to the hos..pital..just..kill..' And then she fainted in his arms.

Somehow he felt sad, seeing this broken woman in front of him. He felt simpathy but he felt weird in his chest. Something warm was there everytime he looked at her face. He felt confused for awhile but then decided to brought her to his hotel, maybe until she's awake and then they can go to the hospital. He placed her carefully in his car and drove to the hotel. But after arrived, he hesitated about what he should do next. He grabbed a wet towel and started to wiped her face. He cleaned her face carefully, didnt wanted her to wake up because of the pain. He soon realized the bruises all over her face and suddenly he felt mad to who the hell did it. Her face was slowly became prettier with all of the blood gone. He felt so weird but warm. He wiped her arms and legs but didnt touched her body. He put the blanket around her and sat beside her.

After awhile, he saw she moved a bit and slowly opened her eyes. She blinked and looked at her surrounding.


'Where am I? Who are you?' She asked, tried to get up but soon felt her injured body.


'Hey hey easy, easy. Im Choi Seunghyun and this is my hotel. I accidentally found you at the park and you said that you didnt want to go to the hospital so I brought you here. I didnt do anything except wiped you clean, I swear' Seunghyun said and tried to get closer but she moved away, avoided any contact with him.


'Im sorry but I just wanna help you' Seunghyun said again, tried to made eye contact with her. She looked at him and he could saw her shaking eyes. He knew that she was in so much fear.


'I will..go home now..' She said but when she moved she felt pain in her lower body, made her remember what happened to her. She was dirty, she was no longer like everyone else, she was broken. She gripped the blanket tight and didnt knew what to do. Her boyfriend betrayed her, and left her. Just like anyone else in her life. Can life become more worthless than that?


'No, dont leave. We have to cure your injury first, and then we can go to the police, we must report who did this to you' Seunghyun said again. She glared at him.


'Well, sir. I dont think I need your kindness so please just let me go' she said, a bit mad.


'But i dont think you can go anywhere with your clothes like that. Here, clean yourself and take my clothes. There is the bathroom. I'll be waiting outside' Seunghyun said. He didnt know why he couldnt angry at her who obviously being unrespectful towards her saviour. She got such a bad christmast. Seunghyun thought.

After an hour, she walked limp out from the room, wearing Seunghyun's big shirt. Seunghyun saw her and already preparing food incase she felt hungry, but then he noticed there some new wound in her arms, like long scratches. He immediately grab her hands, made her shocked.


'What is it? It wasnt there before! Did you injured yourself!?' Seunghyun shouted at her. He just felt angry all of sudden. She pulled her hands and didnt looked at him.

'I just..Im dirty..so I tried to cleaned my self..but im still dirty..' She said, her voice have no emotion at all. She was just like an empty shell, she was lifeless. Seunghyun sighed and dragged her towards the couch, forced her to sit down.

'Wait here'he said and come back immediately with first aid kit.

'It will sting a bit so just hold it' Seunghyun said while applied alcohol for treating her wound.

She didnt said anything and her face was expresionless. Seunghyun finished with his clumsy treatment and regret because couldnt do better.


'What's your name?' Seunghyun asked carefully, afraid that she might ignored him, and yeah, she didnt answer him.

'Well, i prepared some food here if..'

'Im not hungry. I'll be going now' she stands up immediately.

'Wow wow, wait young lady' He stood up in front of her too, preventing her to go.

'What?'

'You cant go by yourself and you wont go to the hospital either so as your saviour I think I deserve to bring you home because it much more safer with me than you roaming around the street at this hour' Seunghyun said to her.

She didnt say any words but just walked past him and heading towards the door immediately. Tch, that girl. Seunghyun thought. He couldnt do anything about her leaving but he feel scared, thinking that something might be happened to her. So he grabbed his coat and run to catched her.

He went out from the hotel and looked around. There's no one, its chrismast for Goddamn! Where the hell is she??? I cant lose her. Seunghyun thought. He still looked around when the sunshine slowly coming up. Its already morning. Seunghyun felt hurt in his heart and finally decided to go home. Still hoping that she would bump into him again.

The next three days, Seunghyun couldnt hold himself to looked for her. He would searching around from the morning until midnight, but still didnt have a single clue about her. He felt so helpless and wanna give up but his heart didnt allow it so he would continued to search

He sat in his car, feeling frustrated again. Where do I he has to search again? He want to smoke but his lighter was nowhere to be found so he searched it in his back seat while he saw something that widened his eyes. Her clutch! He remembered he throw her clutch back then when he tried to placed her in his car. He immediately opened it. Bingo! There was her purse and she has her id card on it. Lee Nara. Her name was Lee Nara, and it written her adress. Lucky. Seunghyun thought. But wait, something was a bit weird. The purse contained every things she needs for life. Money, her credit card, and everything. But its been three days since she left Seunghyun's place and she didnt come back for it. Maybe because she didnt need it or just simply forget about it. But who the hell didnt need money? Maybe for just buy food or drink? And then something terrible passed Seunghyun's mind.

Dead person wont be needing any money.

Oh . She wont be dead. She cant be dead. Then Seunghyun remembered her said 'Im dirty.. I tried to clean myself..' Seunghyun felt his blood was drained. His heart skipped a beat. He immediately the engine and drove to her adress.

He arrived at a big apartment building. He went towards her room witn the key in her clutch.

'Please, just be there' seunghyun prayed while walking. He finally arrived at her room, and its locked. He opened the door slowly with the key and examined the room carefully. The room was dark, like nobody life inside. He could heard a TV sound but nothing else. He checked the bathroom, the living room and the kitchen. Nothing. She's nowhere. But then he headed towards the bedroom, and he didnt believe what he saw.

He saw her, with blood all over her body. She lied down on the cold floor. Seunghyun felt his tears flowing over when he brought her lifeless body to the hospital. He waiting for her while she's having surgery.

'God, please save her. Please Im begging you' Seunghyun prayef while he felt a tears in his cheek. After two hours, the surgery room finally opened and the nurse brought her.

'What..what happened to her, doc?

'Are you her relative?' Seunghyun nodded slowly.

'She's being malnourished, and her suicidal act fortunately was failed, although she lost a lot of blood. She needs a lot of time to recovery, but the surgery went well so she'll be okay' the doctor explained.
Seunghyun nodded and thanked the doctor, while a nurse lead him to her room. He saw her sleeping peacefully with a lot of tube and cable all over her

'She needs a lot of rest' the nurse said and Seunghyun bowed to her. He sat beside her and examined her face again.

'Finally we met again, huh?' He said and smiled.

She's been sleep for two days and Seunghyun never left her side. He somehow felt afraid to left her, like she was something fragile that need to be watched carefully. She's now have a bit color in her face, unlike when he first found her, pale and dead, although she still beautiful. Seunghyun just couldnt get enough to looked at her. Her pink cheeks, her plump lips, her cute nose, her beautiful eyes, he couldnt get over with it. Made him frustrated because he wanted to see all of it being alive again. He missed those eyes, and he missed her voice.

Its weird because he just met her, maybe this is love at the first sight?

This is the third day she's asleep. Seunghyun decided to get breakfast in cafetaria and he needs to called his parents, he thought about extended his vacation for a while. He need to watch over this girl.

At the lunch time, Seunghyun came back to her room and he saw an empty bed.

She's gone.

Seunghyun asked the nurse and they said she wasnt in check up or else. Seunghyun felt his heart skipped a beat again and he started to search frantically. He had no idea where was she but somehow Seunghyun just thought about it. The rooftop. Maybe she's there.

He rushed to the rooftop and opened the door. He looked over and somehow felt relieved when he found her there.

'Hey.. Nara..' He tried to called her, but she ignored it.  He walked closer to her slowly

'Dont move. Dont get closer to me' She said sternly. Made him stopped.

He was afraid. He was afraid that she might jump if he get closer.

 

'I failed' she said after a long silence

'What?' Seunghyun said.

'I failed for being human, and I failed to die too. Maybe God just hate me that much' She let out a small chuckled.
Seunghyun kept silent. He didnt know what he supposed to do

'All people who I loved left me. My parents, my family, my stupid boyfriend. Its a pathetic life, isnt it?' she laughed but somehow Seunghyun knew she holds her tears

'My life isnt worthy anymore. I dont know how to continue my life anymore. Im dirty. Im broken. Im alone' she said.

'No, you did not. You are not alone. You have me. I'll always be there for you' Seunghyun said, slowly get closer.

She looked at him. And smiled very sadly.

'Thank you, Seunghyun' she said before she leaned forward to the edge.

'NO!' Seunghyun run and fortunately he still could grabbed her hand, she hang on the edge and Seunghyun tried his best to hold her.

'Let go, Seunghyun. I have no reason to live again. Please. Let me go' she said.

'No. I wont let you go' He said. Still tried to pulled her. He regret why he didnt continue his work out.

'Im tired with this life, please. Just let go of my hand and I promise I'll not bothering you anymore' she said again.

'I said I'll be here. Beside you. I meant it. Eventhough we just met, eventhough you still didnt tell me your name, but I knew that you need me. And I need you too. If you're ready to die, why dont you try to live for a bit with me one more time? I promise I'll make you happy. I promise you, so please. Can you stop telling me to let go? Because I cant and I dont even want' Seunghyun said, made her looked at him. She didnt know why but she saw sincerity in his eyes.

'Im broken, and Im dirty. Im a stranger to you, Seunghyun'

'I know that, and I want to fix you'

'Why?'

'What?'

'Why me?'

Seunghyun chuckled.

'I dont know. I just immediately falling in love with you even before i know your eyes color. Even before I heard your voice. I falling in love when I saw you lying in the snow' he said.

She kept silent and Seunghyun finally gathered all of his strength to pulled her out from the edge. He hugged her tightly after that. She remained silent and after that she felt a warm liquid dropped to her cheeks.

Seunghyun cried. 

'Why are you crying..Seunghyun?' She asked. Still in the man's arms.

'I thought I'd lose you. You had no idea how scared I am to lose you' seunghyun said.

The girl couldnt hold her tears. Seunghyun was the first who shed tears for her. He was the first who was afraid to lose her.

'Dont cry..Seunghyun..dont waste your tears for me..im not even worthy your tears..' She said between her sobbed

'Just promise me that you will never try to end your life again, okay? I need you. I need you to be happy. I need you to be healthy. I need you to be safe. Please im begging you' Seunghyun said and pulled her closer to his embrace.

For the first time in her life, she felt safe. Someone finally said that he needs her. He said that her life was needed. He gave her reasons to live again. She nodded slowly and cried again. 

'Im Nara, bytheway' She said, made him laughed a little.

'I already know that, you fool' Seunghyun said and kissed her forehead.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Seunghyun remembered it again, when he almost lost her. He watched the girl who sleeping peacefully in his arms right now. He promised to her and he tried to fulfilled it until now. They've been together for almost 4 years and still counting. Althought its always the hardest when Seunghyun had to go back to Korea, but they always manage their relationship with all the text and call. Seunghyun didnt ever forget to called her every night and so did her. Seunghyun always tried to be there whenever she had something to celebrate. Her graduation, her birthday, christmast day, Seunghyun's birthday, their anniversary, her first day of college, he popped up all of sudden when her prom night because he couldnt stand knowing her went to the party alone and worse, with the other boy. Althought Seunghyun had college to attend but he somehow always made time for her special occasions and that was she grateful for. He also didnt skipped a single holiday with her. They are going to beach at summer, have a small picnic at autumn, skiing at winter, and sometimes they were just walked together with both hands linked at spring, admiring the beauty of nature in front of them. Seunghyun did everything for her, just like his promises. He knew they are meant to be. He knew she's his other half. She's the one who he wants to spend his life with. He smiled remembering all of their memories, the bad and good ones. He tucked her hair strand that falling to her face and she nuzzled to his neck, buried her face in his chest.