Chapter 9

Paradoxical Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Pain went along with happiness. You cannot understand what happiness truly means if you haven't experienced downcast. Things were becoming more and more arduous for them. Yuna was weakened by her disease, little by little and it was heart tormenting indeed.

 

"Luhan!!! Luhan!!" Yuna shouted. Luhan hurriedly ran his way towards her room and he saw her feebly lying on her bed. Yet trying to take off her shirt.

 

"What are you doing?" He asked as he sat beside her. She closed her eyes and fanned herself using the both of her hands. 

 

"Its so hot.." She complained. Luhan raised an eyebrow and his gaze shifted to the air-conditioner at Yuna's right. It was on its maximum level. 

 

"But the aircon is on its max. Im actually now shivering, Yuna. Do you still feel hot?" He asked again, and then an expression of shock and fear painted on Yuna's face. Her eyes were widening in horror.

 

"But... I feel so hot! Luhan.. The air is fervent.. Really... Can't you rise up the temperature? I feel like Im in hell!" She yelled. She was afraid and perplexed at the same time. If it was on its maximum level, then why did she still feel hot?

 

Luhan felt anxious. He could feel his body stiffened yet he managed to get up from her bed and shouted, "W-wait.. I'll go get some ice."

 

It wasn't long before he came back. He held the standing fan in her room and placed the ice he got from the fridge infront of it. She turned the fan on its maximum level too. "Do you still feel hot?"

 

Tears started welling in Yuna's eyes. "Luhan... I still feel like the place is so hot... What's happening to me? I don't want to die yet... I don't want to leave you yet!"

 

Luhan just rushed to her side and hugged her tightly. She was crying. And he knew that it was indeed hard for her. "Ssshhh. Im here Yuna.. I love you, don't cry." 

 

It was torture. And it was too much for him to take. He could feel it. Yuna was slowly slipping away from him.

 

 

 

'Don't take her away from me..'

 

 

If love brings pain, then love will also be the cure. Love can act as a potent painkiller.

 

 

But no matter how strong love is, what it cannot conquer is fate. If you're meant to be together, then you will be together. But it doesn't necessarily means that you can be with each other forever. Because from square one, nothing lasts forever.

 

Luhan's whole being as if electrified when he saw Yuna lying on the floor, unconcious. He started screaming as his tears started to fall again from his eyes. Luckily, their housekeeper heard him and helped him to carry Yuna to his car.

 

He drove fast. Luhan's mind was too preoccupied, he was trembling. He was holding her hand the whole time. And when they reached the hospital, they rushed her to the emergency room. 

 

He felt his knees weakened. Is it the end? Will he be able to be with her again? He couldn't think of any answers because honestly, he was too afraid of getting one. 

 

"Excuse me. Are you related to Ms. Park Yuna?" He snapped back to reality when a nurse talked to him. It was already past 10pm, and it has been 2 hours since he reached there.

 

"Uhh. Yes, Im her boyfriend." He responded, trembling.

 

The nurse smiled. "She's in the room 420, she's probably awake now."

 

Luhan just nodded and trod his path towards her room. When he reached her room, he slowly opened the door and saw Yuna who instantly smiled at him. It was a forced smile, not a fake one but still forced. Because she was too weak to do so yet she forced herself to smile because she didn't want him to worry about her.

 

He sluggishly walked towards her. His heart was breaking, he doesn't want her to see in this condition because he knows, he can do nothing but cry and cry yet nothing will change.

 

[Please play the music 'Gone by Jin']

 

 

 

Luhan was staring at her like she was the most perfect person in the whole world. She is indeed-- For Luhan. Despite all the woes he had along the way, his love never changed. Ami

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter