Chapter 8

Paradoxical Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another three months had passed and everything for them was in bliss. Everything was like a paradise because they wanted to be perfect. Until one night....

 

Yuna almost stumbled her way back to her room. She went downstairs to get a glass of water yet when she was treading her way upstairs, her vision suddenly beclouded. Luhan heard a loud sound of something falling amd he was horrified seeing her on the floor, tightly gripping on her hair and pulling it. And it was obvious that she was in so much pain.

 

Luhan strode towards Yuna as his heart beat in an irregular fast rhythm. "Yuna! What's wrong?!"

 

With eyes shut closed, Yuna turned her face to his direction and slowly shook her head. "N-Nothing.. Its just.. Migraine."

 

Incredulously, he blurted another query. "Are you sure? You don't look okay. Do you want to go to the hospital?"

 

"N-no. I just need a rest.."

 

"But--"

 

"Im okay. I'll sleep now."

 

Luhan sighed, "Fine. Go to sleep now."

 

It was the 5th time she experienced a severe headache. She was having seizures too but Luhan wasn't aware of it. She was keeping it to herself. 

 

Yet she finally decided to talk to a doctor and found out what was the reason of all these things happening to her.

 

 

The beeping of the machines in the laboratory, the sounds made by the keyboards where people were typing at, seemed to be not perceived by Yuna's ears. The world almost stopped for Yuna when she heard the doctor told her.

 

"I studied the result of your brain scan and I found out that you have a brain cancer. And unfortunately, the cancer cells reproduced rapidly and if you're going to undergo radiation therapy, there is a very small chance that your cancer will be treated and even the smaller one that you will survive. Im sorry, Ms. Park. What took you so long before coming here? If only you came before the cancer cells spread.."

 

 

She trembled. She grew pale as her knees weakened. She was thinking of Luhan. No, she doesn't want to leave him. Everything was so perfect now. As her tears fell, she slowly went out of the hospital.

 

Her mind was too preoccupied and it took her long before she got home. Thoughts were started struggling in her mind. As she got home, she went directly to Luhan's room, only to find him lying on his bed. She lied beside him and wrapped her arms around him as she rested her face on his chest.

 

"Yuna." Luhan called as he faced her. Her arms still wrapped around him. He smiled and it was way too painful

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter