4th

Blind Dates, Idiots and Happiness

Hellooo! I’m so sorry for the long hiatus..I’m really really busy with stuffs...well anyway I’ve tried to make this chapter longer than the previous ones to make up for it and I will definitely update faster than before…I hope people still find interest in reading this fic TT TT

Also, my beta is really busy with her studies so excuse my poor grammar as English is not my first language…

Enjoy reading~


 

 

Chanmi rushes out of the café and quickly hails a cab. She actually felt bad for leaving behind her date like that but she needs to be on time for her part-time job. Besides being a substitute kindergarten teacher, Chanmi also works part-time taking the after lunch shifts (from 3 p.m to 8 p.m) usually during the weekends in a dog café near her apartment and not forgetting to mention she's also a composer. 

The reason behind the multiple jobs that she has is mainly because she's desperate for money. She needs it badly to pay for her mom's hospital bills. Chanmi's mom got into an accident a few months ago and has fallen into a coma since then thus making her being hospitalized. The hospital bills are quite large and sadly she can't really depend on anyone as her father had already passed away a few years ago and her brother;Kyungsoo, is still in college. Luckily Kyungsoo is smart enough to get a scholarship which help in lessening her burdens but she still needs to help pay his dorm fees. Actually, a few people such as her relatives and close friends offered to help her but she refuses as she doesn't want to burden them and be indebted to them so she rents the house that she used to live with her family and make herself home in an old apartment. If one asks whether or not doing multiple jobs are tiring or not, the answer should be obvious but Chanmi herself love children, animals and music thus making her really happy to be able to do her current jobs despite the tiredness.

Once inside the cab, Chanmi quickly tells the driver where she needs to go and relaxes herself. She sighs and closes her eyes for a while before checking her phone. She sees a couple of messages from Jongdae and groans upon seeing the contents. The contents contain a cheeky good luck for the blind date and lots of reminder that her dateline;for the songs, is near. That's right Jongdae, despite being her childhood friend and one of her bestfriends, is actually the boss for her composing job. At first, she just helps him in composing a few songs now and then but since the songs that she usually help composes always manage to hit the top charts, Jongdae offers her to be a composer for the company he’s working in, as a way of helping her out and to gain benefits on his part as well. Chanmi refuses at the beginning but after a few pleas and reasons, she agrees under 2 conditions; that is for her existence to remain anonymous (meaning she'll be using an alias and continue to receive credits that way) and for her real identity to only be known by Jongdae (meaning that no one other than Jongdae knows how and what she exactly looks like).

Not long, she arrives at the café, pay for the cab and goes through the back door for the staff's room. She's glad that she manages to come punctually. Chanmi quickly changes to her uniform and put her belongings inside her locker and decided to turn off her phone but before turning it off, she checks her phone contacts, stops on the name Xiumin-ssi and smiles a little remembering how amusing the other party has been.

"Chanmi-ah! Chanmi-ah! Are you done changing?"

She quickly turns off her phone and give a quick "I'm done! Coming!"

 

***

 

Minseok hums some random tune as he flips through the pages of a document.

SLAM!!!

"SO??!!HOWW'S IT?!!ASSDFRFGGHJJKL?!WHA--MMMPRFHH!!" An excited Zitao enters the office along with Luhan as he squishes the panda's mouth with his left hand to shut him up and the other to close the office's door. 

"Shut up!!You're very disturbing!!"Luhan yelled at him as Tao answers back a muffled wow day ya! [how dare u!]

They fight and argue for a good 5 minutes before finally able to calm themselves and sit on the provided chairs in front of Minseok.

An awkward silence engulfs the room as Minseok completely ignores them and keep doing his work.

Luhan sees that Minseok is totally ignoring them soon coughs up a little to gain his attention.

"What?" says Minseok dryly at him.

"Well.... How did it go?"Luhan asked meekly as Tao seems to wait for his response anxiously.

"How did what go?"Minseok answers back as he continuously flips another document.

At this point, Luhan is extremely pissed off and grabs hold the document that Minseok flipped a few seconds ago.

"WTH?!Stop working and what're you acting dumb for?!! Obviously I'm asking you about the blind date!"Luhan furiously yelled at him.

Minseok finally looks up at him but he doesn't say anything and just stares blankly at the two of them. At this point, Luhan is glaring at him to answer while Tao's eyes are shimmering with curiosity. He thinks for a while what to say and as he does this, Chanmi's creepy smile suddenly popped up in his mind that he can't help but snorts a little but quickly realized what he has done and glanced nervously at his two friends.

Both Luhan and Tao actually look surprised. They looked at each other slowly before cheering and celebrating as if they already know his answer.

Minseok looks bewildered and is about to correct them before his office's door is being flung out widely.

"Sooo~ how did it go??" Jongdae slurs after slamming the said door and Minseok can't help but feel the urge to facepalm himself although he managed not to.

"Seriously...Not you too..."Minseok sighs before pondering how does Jongdae even knows about the date and who else know about the date but stop as he realizes its probably just around his circle of friends.

Before the other two have a chance to say anything, Jongdae beats them to it, as he demands cheekily and quite forcefully to know what happened which causes Minseok to sigh again.

".....nothing..there's nothing going on, okay?" He mumbles and a loud PFFT causes him to glare angrily at the deer who’s trying to muffle his laughter.

"You know what Minnie? You've always been a terrible liar and you still are! Your facial expressions and the way you snorted a lil before gave it all away! And don't you dare deny me!" Luhan says as he wipes a tear from muffling his laughter but says the last sentence seriously.

Minseok turns red at those statements. He can’t help feeling awfully embarrassed and actually curses Luhan for being his childhood friend because the deer is always the first one who figures out what he’s truly hiding behind whatever façade he’s putting on his face.

Luhan finally bursts out laughing after seeing an embarrassed Minseok because he knows that Minseok rarely loses his composure like that and therefore it’s definitely amusing to watch him turns red like that.

Jongdae gives a knowing look and smiles a little for Minseok’s reaction to Luhan’s words show that there’s room for improvement and so he tries to ask again.

“Sooo~Seriously tell us what happened? Chanmi’s a good and friendly person right? Despite her smile is kinda creepy,”Jongdae asks enthusiastically but there’s some fondness detected in his voice.

Minseok looks up at Jongdae and answers him a soft ‘Yea I guess’ as if the mention of Chanmi’s name itself lifted his moods up before actually frowning.

“Wait a minute…you know her personally?”Minseok asks when he catches that Jongdae is casually mentioning Chanmi as if he knows her all his life which is actually true.

Jongdae hums in approval and somehow strangely Minseok can’t help but deepen his frown.

“Well~ That doesn’t matter! Just tell us what happened!!”Tao says excitedly.

Minseok can’t help but sighs again (he definitely sighs too much) before actually replying more seriously.

“As I said before nothing happened….but I guess we’re meeting agai—“

“UWAAA!!Seriously?!!You’re definitely a liar Minnie-hyung!! You said nothing’s going on but doesn’t this actually shows that both of you is perfect for each other??!!”Tao squeals.

“Wait! Perfect for each other?!That’s going too—“

Minseok gets cut off again because Luhan slaps his shoulder and says a quick Finally! While he pretends to wipe imaginary tears with his other hand.

Minseok slaps Luhan’s hand away and protests that it’s not like what they’re thinking before finally telling them the reason why they’re meeting again. Despite his best efforts to try to clear up the misunderstanding, the other three just shrugged his explanations and started chattering excitedly and making weird bets. Thus the evening ends up with a very exhausted Minseok and three satisfied troublemakers.

 

***

 

Chanmi sighs tiredly as she left the café where she works at. She checks her phone for a bit and the screen shows that it’s 8 past 15. She’s going to text Jongdae to update him about the songs when suddenly she’s startled from a car honk. Chanmi immediately looks up from her phone and recognizes the driver of the car instantly.

“Jongdae-ah..”She mutters as she walks closer to the car.

“Hey~Channie! Hop in! Let’s have dinner together and you’re gonna tell me all about the date~,”says Jongdae ending his sentence with a quick wink.

“Yea, right, of course Chenchen,” Chanmi says sarcastically as she rolls her eyes before hopping to the front seat. She’s starving so she might as well accept his invitation.

“Don’t worry, I’m paying,”Jongdae says as he starts driving.

“You better!”Chanmi giggles and Jongdae can’t help but smiles.

Chanmi leans her head on to the car window and can’t help thinking how beautiful the night sky is that night.

The sky is so clear tonight, how beautiful…today is a good day…she thinks as a small smile play on her lips.

“Mmhmm, I can see you smiling missy~” Jongdae singsongs.

Chanmi just shakes her head and muttered a quick shut up! even though the smile is not leaving her lips.

 

***

 

"You seem to be in a good mood lately Sehunnie,"Minseok says as he glances at Sehun who's humming to himself happily.

"Yea! Of couwse! Minnie-hyung is goin to wead tonight!!"Sehun says clumsily but that just makes Minseok coo at him more.

Minseok smiles at this as he watches Sehun pulls out a storybook from his shelf before finally replying.

"No, well that's not what hyung actually meant.. But anyway come.. You've chosen a book, right? Let's read it,"Minseok says softly as his eyes are still on Sehun.

 Sehun walks giddily and clumsily climbed up the bed. He refuses to let his hyung carry him to bed despite the fact that the bed is quite tall for him. Minseok chuckles as he sees this and Sehun shows him a small pout before successfully climbing the bed. Minseok covers both of them with the blanket in the bed and started to read the story that Sehun has chosen. The story is about a prince who has been heartbroken for a long time. He's heartbroken because the princess that he loves dearly, no longer loves him back. Minseok actually pauses his storytelling as he ironically thinks that the story is somewhat similar to his situation. Sehun glances at his hyung wondering about the sudden stop and he sees the sadness in his hyung's eyes. Sehun may be 3 years old but he understands that sometimes his hyung is somewhat always sad when something about love is mentioned and so he crawls down the bed and retrieves something from his school bag. Minseok is too distracted and is still staring blankly at the storybook when Sehun crawls back to bed. It is only until he felt a tug on his shirt that he finally snaps back to reality.

"Ahh...sorry.. Let's continue..." Minseok says and was about to start reading again until Sehun stops him.

"Waitt!! Hewee this is fow you hyunggie!" Sehun says as he offers him a piece of paper, which has been folded rather clumsily.

"Ohh... Thank you..."Minseok says rather surprised and unfolds the paper. He widens his eyes as he sees the drawing. The drawing consists of 3 stick figures which has been labeled as "Min-Hyung","me" and "...". Minseok is about to inquire who"..." is, but Sehun beats him to it.

"This one is fow your future pwincess!!"Sehun says as he starts giggling.

Minseok stares shockingly at the boy before smiling warmly at him and kisses his forehead as he mumbles a thank you.

Sehun feels really satisfied for successfully making his hyung smile and after a while sleeps peacefully as Minseok finishes reading the story.

 

***

 

"Sooo~ I heard that you're going to see him again?" Jongdae slurred as he sits down on a chair.

Chanmi, who's going to sit across him, almost tripped herself.

"What the??! How did you know that?!"She quickly asks him back completely flustered.

"Hey now, calm down and please sit,"Jongdae says strangely calm and gestures to the chair.

Chanmi quickly complies and open the menu to try to hide her embarrassment after her sudden outburst and so he simply continues.

"I already told you right before? Even though I arranged you a blind date, I actually hooked you up with a close friend of mine and well you can't actually call that a blind date....ahh but you didn't recognize him so I guess you could still call it a blind date... Anyway! I know that you would click with him directly!" Jongdae ends his long rambles enthusiastically.

Chanmi exasperatedly sighs at her company and soon begin explaining the whole story that led to the conclusion for another meeting between the two. Jongdae sighs disappointedly and is about to lecture Chanmi but is disturbed by the waitress who has come to take orders and the whole vibe of the conversation is quickly destroyed. Jongdae sighs again before telling Chanmi to just order whatever she wants since both of them have similar tastes, in which she happily complies. 

Seeing the smile that has been stuck on Chanmi's face as she begins ordering, Jongdae can't help but huffs a little before smiling sadly as he thinks that at least she's smiling and suddenly remembered of the past. The past when Chanmi couldn't smile at all after that guy tossed her aside like trash. He shakes his head to shake off that bitter past and can't help resents himself but of course the one whom he resents most is that hea--

"-ah!Jongdae-ah!!"

Jongdae quickly snapped out of his trance and a fake smile is reflexively plastered on his face and before he could say anything, Chanmi immediately pinches both of his cheeks roughly.

"OUCH!!! WHAT THE HELL?!!"Jongdae says loudly not caring the slightest bit that he's starting a ruckus as he rubs his cheeks in an attempt to decrease the pain.

Chanmi pouts and start mumbling something that Jongdae couldn’t catch. But he quickly understands the reason why she pinches him and so quickly offers an apology and pats her head a few times before deciding that it's best not to sour her mood more than this.

“So… What’re you thinking just a few minutes ago?” Chanmi asks curiously.

“Oh.. Just something about work.. You know trainees these days are so hard to cooperate with..”Jongdae lies smoothly.

“Hahahaha! Now, now, don’t be too rough on them, though I can’t believe that even the great Chenchen is having a hard time…” Chanmi says as she twirls the straw of her drink.

“Why of course…I’m only human...”Jongdae huffs back.

Hearing that Chanmi immediately frowns and expression becomes murky so Jongdae quickly changes the subject and so they end their dinner discussing on what kind of music should be produced next.

 

 


Anyway that's it for this chap, I promise I'll update soon! Thanx for reading^^