1st

Blind Dates, Idiots and Happiness

It is a rather good day for Minseok. He has just arrived in his office feeling more giddy than ever because he discovers that there are many talented people auditioning this year. Just as he is about to begin analyzing the datas, a knock is heard and a doe-eyed man enters the room. This doe-eyed man goes by the name of Lu Han(usually called Lulu but Luhan is just fine),he is Minseok’s best friend and his personal assistant.

Luhan enters Minseok’s office after he’s done with some  arrangements a few moments ago. He sees that the office is as always extremely clean and neat, he sometimes wonder if Minseok has an OCD on cleanliness (because Minseok is definitely a clean freak).He plops down to sit on the chair right in front of Minseok.

“Min..”

Minseok hums in response and with that Luhan continues.

“I think you needed a break..”

Luhan looked earnestly at his best friend whose thoughts are still consumed in his work. He sighs in frustration because Minseok would always ignore him each time he asks him to take a break. But Luhan is as stubborn as ever(like a greedy deer who still wants to eat despite the fact that there’s a hunter nearby)and so he tries again.

“Minseok…You need to take a break”

Minseok sighs and finally reply him.

“Han,we’ve ever had this conversation before and anyway I can’t take a break now, I’m busy, I’ll take a break later..”

Luhan rolled his eyes hearing the same thing Minseok told him last time. The latter keeps on telling him that he’ll take a break later but never even once he’d done it. 

There’s a reason why Minseok is all work and no play,it all started 2 years ago when his girlfriend(ex-girlfriend) left him for another man. That time,the company;EXOplanet.ent,was still a small company and that’s probably one of the many reasons why his ex left him. Minseok was heart-broken and since then on, he started to over-work himself which led the company to be one of the best in the country. But during those times,Minseok was mostly emotionless and ate only a little causing Luhan to hate that b*tch more than anything for making his best friend sad and depressed. He knows that even now Minseok still hasn’t moved on and so therefore, this time, he’s determined on making Minseok happier by finding him a new love. Because Luhan thinks the best medicine for a broken heart is to cure it with love and in Minseok’s case, he just needs a replacement(Yes,Luhan is a self- proclaimed  love expert). But this is definitely going to be hard.

While Luhan is in a deep thought recalling the past and thinking of something, Minseok is appreciating the fact that he finally shuts his mouth. Sadly, the silence is once again disturbed as Luhan finally decides to speak his mind.

“I think you should go on a date,you know find some new love,enjoy your life more…and well I’m worried because it’s been over 2 years and you still haven’t forgotten about her ,”Luhan says choosing his words carefully so not to accidentally offend him.

Minseok scoffs hearing this. He’s wondering if Luhan is trying to test his patience these days because even though his assistant always does a good work in doing his job, he’s really getting into Minseok’s nerves lately.

“Are you my mom?I’m a grown-up man! I don’t need your worries and as for her, I definitely couldn’t forget about her but I definitely have moved on from her!”Minseok insisted.

Luhan gasps. He hates it a lot when Minseok says this.

”If you said that you’re a grown-up man, then act like one! And I know for sure that you haven’t moved on from her because you basically haven’t dated anyone after her and don’t you dare deny that fact!It’s been 2 years,Kim Minseok!Open your eyes!” He furiously replies.

Minseok couldn’t reply back, he knows that what Luhan is rambling on about is correct. He feels so pathetic right now and he hates to admit it but he’s in fact still deep in love with his ex-girlfriend.

Luhan knows that he’s probably correct and the silence his friend is giving him just assures him that he’s indeed correct. He feels bad suddenly for saying that but then again Minseok is now a grown-up man and so instead of comforting him, he drops a bomb.

“I’ve set up a blind date for you 3 days from now,”

Minseok blinks and it’s his turn to be furious hearing this information because there’s no way he’s going and it’ll be a burden cause he’s a CEO for god‘s sake!

“You did what?!How dare you to just decide—“

Minseok’s words are cut off by a loud ‘Excuse me!’

Both Minseok and Luhan were startled by the presence of another person in the office. Minseok scowls seeing that the other person is no other than one of his closest friends who works for the company as one of the composers,Kim Jongdae(a.k.a Chen).

“Jongdae, how many times did I tell you to knock?”Minseok directed this coldly to the guy. He really isn’t in the mood to deal with all this sh*t.

Jongdae gasps dramatically before finally saying,”Hey I did!Twice actually!But instead of a reply I hear wild banterings coming from you two!”

Minseok is really not in the mood for another lecture so he cuts to the chase.

“Then what was the reason for you coming here?”This better be important because if not he will definitely kick the two rascals out of his office.

“Well,Min ,isn’t it time to pick Sehunnie?The car is already ready in the lobby,”Jongdae says while he plops down to sit on the chair next to Luhan.

Minseok glances at his wrist watch and mutters several curses and swears before taking a few files with him and leave his office without wasting more time but also not forgetting to yell at Luhan to lock up later on.

Luhan sighs while looking up to the ceiling. Jongdae just glances at him wondering what he could be thinking because despite his appearance Luhan does think a lot about many things including his surroundings,the company and well anything literally,well, except for his own self.   

”He really does spoil Sehun a lot,”Luhan mumbles.

Jongdae chuckles and says,”You’re not one to talk you know!You spoil Hunnie too!”

“So do you!Well…he deserves it,”Luhan whispers the last part while smiling sadly.

Jongdae knows the reason behind Luhan’s sad smile. Oh Sehun is the cutest 3 years old brat Jongdae has ever met. He used to be all-smiles but since the death of his parents, the poor boy rarely smiles.The boy’s parents died in a car accident exactly 3 months ago and both Jongdae and Luhan know how hard Minseok tries to make Sehun smiles even though he himself was extremely sad and depressed by the death of his sister and brother-in-law.

The atmosphere becomes gloomy so Jongdae decides to lighten up the atmosphere by asking Luhan about the blind date plan in which Luhan replies gleefully that he had told Minseok about it and that he’s going no matter what but then again he suddenly becomes fearful and began to doubt that if the date’s going to work or not. Jongdae frowns seeing the expression in Luhan’s face and directed a  ‘you don’t trust me?’ look to him which the latter replies with only a shrug. Jongdae laughs seeing Luhan’s reaction.

 Once his laughter died, Jongdae decides to assure Luhan that this is so going to work because first of all, this is different than most blind dates.The date would be in a book café which is mostly quiet and peaceful and both of them know that Minseok loves to read(like a lot) and Jongdae assures Luhan that his date loves to read too because she is after all his childhood friend. Luhan is kinda confused about Jongdae’s behaviour at this point because he seems to be an ’over-protective childhood friend’ type but he lets it go.

Second of all,this café usually has a campaign that is called ‘Don’t Judge A Book By Its Cover’ or ‘DJABBIC’ campaign which basically works like this; both parties could choose a book that has been wrapped up neatly with some comments attached to the neatly-wrapped book to give some hints what the book is about before they’re seated and they could open it once they’re seated. If they like the chosen book, they can pay it in the cashier. Not to mention, the food, especially the desserts,is really good and they both know how Minseok loves to eat in which Jongdae assures Luhan again that his date loves to eat too. Also not to worry getting caught by the media because Minseok will be wearing a disguise personally prepared by the fashion designer of the company, Huang Zitao(a.k.a Tao) and therefore it’ll be perfect.

Lastly, Jongdae mentions that his childhood friend is actually pretty attractive and would be a suitable partner in looks par with Minseok. With that both of them grinned happily because nothing could possibly go wrong! Right…?

 


Ok!That's chap 1^^ (I guess it's boring but I think a few introductions about the characters are important...)

I guess I made Luhan a little OOC?(hope not but then I'm trying to make him over-protective about Minnie hahah) and I hope it's not too short?(I promise I'll make a longer one (: )

Anyway, I'll include Channie in the next chap!Look forward to it! > <

Also thank you so much for the views!Especially those who have already subscribed and upvoted!! I'm actually surprised but really happy at the same time xD

I'll update the next chap soon^^