2nd

Blind Dates, Idiots and Happiness

Minseok is terribly late on picking Sehun up. There are a few traffic jams now and then, so the moment the car comes to a halt, he rushes out of his car leaving his driver flabbergasted.

Minseok enters the building and sure enough the building is quite empty by now. He starts panicking and he can feel adrenaline rushing through his body as he can’t even remember which class is Sehun’s.

“Mr.Kim?”A voice is heard.

Minseok blinks as he looked towards the voice which belongs to one of Sehun’s teacher,Kim Junmi(a.k.a Suho). The teacher is as Minseok remembered;short brown-haired, a petite figure and warm smiles.

“It is you!It’s been a long time, how have you been?”The teacher smiled.

Minseok smiles too and actually felt relieved for a moment.

“Good evening, I’ve been fine…and uh..about  Sehun?”He says awkwardly.

“Oh!Please follow me,Sehunnie is in class and don’t worry he is accompanied!”

“What a relief…um, sorry but may I ask with whom he’s accompanied?”

Minseok’s curiosity kicks in. Sure he rarely visits Sehun’s school as he is very busy with work but that doesn’t mean he’s clueless about the teachers who work there and not to mention he actually remembers every teacher and so he actually wanted to show some gratitude to the teacher who accompanies Sehun until this time of the day.

“Ah, he’s accompanied by Ms.Park but then you may not know her yet, she’s a new substitute teacher substituting Ms.Byun for a while.”

Minseok nods in understanding but he thinks it’s quite a pity because Ms.Byun is actually a good teacher. Not long both of them arrive in front of Sehun’s class, Suho opens the classroom’s door and the sight make Minseok’s eyes widened in surprise. He sees his little angel sitting on the floor laughing blissfully as he clapped his hands. Minseok couldn’t believe his eyes and he couldn’t even response properly when he sees Sehun stands up and run towards him. But then again, Minseok is the type of person who regains his composure almost immediately so he quickly crouches down and opens his arms to envelop his nephew.

Minseok sighs in contentment and relief, after a few minutes he finally broke off the hug. Sehun is grinning and Minseok can’t help but grins too but his grin is soon replaced with a frown because Sehun suddenly gets teary-eyed.

“Hic..hic...Minnniee-hyunnngg!Hic..I thought you will leave me too!” Sehun begins to sob.

“Of course not!Why would I?Sehunnie knows that hyung loves you too much to leave you, right?”Minseok started to say reassuring words because he finally manages to see Sehun laughs happily and the least he wants is his nephew crying. 

“Sehun-ah!” a loud booming voice comes into the scene startling both Minseok and Sehun.

Minseok directed his gaze to the voice which he noticed belongs to a woman in her mid-twenties. She has large eyes despite the fact that she’s wearing a huge-frammed glasses,curly shoulder-lengthed hair which is dyed in red and tied up in a low pony-tail and he noticed her slim and tall figure could actually make her suitable to be a model but what’s really interesting for Minseok is that her smile(it’s too wide and it’s actually a little bit creepy) and her voice,definitely her voice(It’s velvety and comfy to be heard).

“Remember what I just told you?” She said brightly as she walked towards Sehun.

Sehun quickly wiped his eyes vigorously and nods to her before giving her a thumb up in which he gets a pat on the head in return from her. This action causes Sehun to giggle and Minseok to look fondly at him before finally realizing that this must be the substitute teacher,Ms.Park. 

Minseok really wants to show his gratitude to the said teacher as she makes Sehun happy but before he gets a chance to say something,Ms.Park said her goodbye to Sehun and left the room without so much a glance to him. Minseok is surprise by her actions and think that it’s actually kind of rude. Then he hears Suho sighs before apologizing to him.

“I’m sorry, she’s not usually like that,I’ll try to talk to her about it later on, but more importantly aren’t you glad Sehunnie that your uncle is here?”Suho tries to brighten up the atmosphere.

“Un!”Sehun replies cheerfully and that seems to make Minseok forgets a little about what happened before because Minseok smiles almost immediately at Sehun and they leave the building holding hands.

*

*

Chanmi walks ahead to the teacher’s room after saying goodbye to Sehun. The moment she arrives,she bee-trails to her desk and slumps down directly on her chair. Suddenly, she starts thinking about the things that happened a few moments ago. She knows that she’s actually pretty rude to the man who Sehun called his ‘favourite hyung’ but it’s just that she’s kind of pissed off with him because by the looks of it, that man thinks of work more than he thinks about the boy. Chanmi sighs, she knows that she can’t judge someone whom she just met like that but then Sehun really doesn’t deserve to be treated that way. She sighs again as she recalls her first day as a kindergarten teacher as well as her first meeting with Sehun (which is just about 2 weeks ago).

“Good morning class!”Suho chirps brightly as she enters the classroom with Chanmi following from behind. Chanmi could hear most of the kid reply the greeting enthusiastically and can’t help but smile.

“This person will be teaching you all for a while now!Take good care of her!”Suho nudges Chanmi.

“Good morning!My name is Park Chanmi but you can call me Ms.Park or Ms.Chanmi, I wouldn’t mind!I’ll
be your class’ teacher along with Ms.Suho for awhile so please take good care of me!”Chanmi smiles brightly and bows a little.

Most of the kids smile and are actually happy that they get a friendly teacher and they quickly gather
around her to introduce themselves one by one.

Chanmi smiled all the time from pure joy because it seems that the kids love her until she notices one boy sitting alone at the corner of the room reading a book which causes her smile to disappear. Suho notices her gaze at the boy and smile sadly before introducing the boy to her.

“His name is Oh Sehun…Our Sehunnie is a really smart boy, he loves to read and used to love playing too but a lot of things happened Chanmi-ah, he lost his parents and since then he becomes like that…”Suho whispers quietly to Chanmi because she didn’t want to cause a lot of commotion coming from the kids.

Chanmi nods in understanding and asks Suho to take care of the rest of the kids. Suho seems to get what Chanmi is trying to do and she desperately wants Sehun to be happy again so she nods enthusiastically and said a cheerful ‘Good luck!’ to her. 

Chanmi decided to plop down next to Sehun. At first, Chanmi felt disheartened because the boy didn’t even looked at her but then she shouldn’t give up that easily.

“Hey!My name is Park Chanmi,I’ll be your teacher for a while so please take care of me!”

Sehun turns his gaze away from his book and actually looks surprised at the sudden introduction.

“What’s your name?”She beams at him brightly.

There’s silence for a while until a soft reply is heard.

“Oh..Sehun..”

Chanmi smiles the whole time recalling her first meeting with Sehun. Actually their first meeting isn’t that great but due to all of the effort she’s giving to make Sehun happy, the boy manages to open up a bit and actually smiles a lot more. She also feels that the boy clings to her more often now and can’t help feeling happy. She’s too happy that she didn’t even realized Suho calling her a few times.

“mi..!Chanmi!Chanmi-ah!”Suho shakes her colleague’s shoulders.

“Y-Yes?!”

“Why are you ignoring me?I’ve been calling you for a while now!”Suho pouted.

“Ah right! Sorry,I’m actually thinking about something heheh”

“Nevermind!Anyway,care to explain why are you being so rude to Sehun’s uncle?”

“Ahhh so it’s his uncle,”Chanmi thought before replying Suho back.

“Right… I don’t really know?I guess I’m pissed off…Anyway I’m sorry,okay?I didn’t mean to be rude back then,I swear!” Chanmi said as she gives Suho her best puppy eyes because she’s too tired to listen to any more lecture.

Chanmi knows that this always work because actually both of them including Baekhee; Ms.Byun, are friends since high school and even through those years, Suho still can’t seem to win neither against Chanmi’s puppy eyes nor Baekhee’s kicked-puppy look.

Suho sighs and Chanmi really wanted to shout ‘VICTORY’ but knows better to shut .

“That’s so typical of you!It’s okay I guess…But apologize the next time you meet him!”With that Suho left Chanmi’s desk.

“Yea…I probably should…”Chanmi whispers to no one.

*

*

Minseok has just finished reading Sehun a few stories. The little boy snores lightly and Minseok can’t help but smiles fondly at the peaceful sight. It’s actually one of the rare nights that Sehun sleeps with him because usually the boy insisted that he’s old enough to sleep alone. He feels happy that Sehun actually starts being more cheerful and kind of regret it that he didn’t notice these changes sooner, he knows that he’s a bad uncle but he’s really trying his best. Minseok kissed Sehun’s forehead lightly before turning off the lights and closes his eyes.

 

 

 


 I'm sorry I just updated it > < I've been quite busy with my studies lately TT TT. Anyway hope this chap is not so bad and I think I'm gonna include xiuyeol's date in the next chap!Look forward to it~

Thanks for reading and for those who subscribed!^^