3rd

Blind Dates, Idiots and Happiness


Minseok blinks hard. He can’t believe that Luhan had just kicked him out of his OWN car a few minutes ago. He sighs and faces towards the café. He never agree on doing this but of course knowing Luhan, he won’t just stop and so here he is(in disguise)in front of the café. He can’t help but sighs again recalling what happened yesterday.

Minseok is listening to some songs that ‘the great Chenchen’(Jongdae self-proclaimed nick-name) composed when Luhan suddenly flings the office door widely together with an excited Zitao.

“Minnieeee hyunggg!Minnie hyung!! Hurry! Try this!”Zitao said excitedly as he throws a few clothing to Minseok’s desk.

“What the?!What’s all this?”Minseok loses his nerves but managed to regain his composure as he asks the two calmly.

Luhan snorts and control his laughter because Minseok is actually trying hard to control his anger because he’s trying his best not to make his favourite hoobae sad.

“What’s all this???What do you mean Minnie hyungg?!Of course it’s for the date!! Your date!!”Tao replies enthusiastically as he squeals like a high school girl.

“That’s right, these are the preparations for tomorrow and we’ll make you 100% different,”Luhan smiles sweetly (and Minseok knows that he’s up to something outrageous).

Minseok sighs again after recalling and see his own reflection at the glass door of the café. He must admit that both Tao and Luhan(well mostly Tao) did really well with the disguise. He looks like an extremely different person with his hair styled differently, glasses on and especially his clothings which is a set of sweater and jeans. It’s completely different from his usual image (which is actually a neat hairstyle completed with a suit because he’s a CEO for godsake even if he looks like a hamster).

“Uhh, excuse me? Are you going to enter..?” A voice interrupted his train of thoughts.

Minseok flinch a little as he turns his attention to the source of the voice. The voice belongs to a lady who’s taller than him with ears sticking out and a really wide (creepy) smile but Minseok is strangely attracted to her probably due to her eyes which sparkles beautifully under the sunlight. Beautiful is what first comes to his mind.

“Umm,hello?”The lady tries again.

With that Minseok snaps out of his thoughts and mumble a quick sorry before opening the café’s door and as the gentleman he is, he says a quick Ladies first.

A giggle escapes from the lady’s mouth and she says a quick thank you before entering and Minseok follows suit.

Minseok can’t help but feel like he has met that lady somewhere before and so he just stood there for a good while pondering over his memories until a really tall waitress with the name tag; KRISS,addresses him .

“Hello, can I help you sir?”The waitress says with a force smile plastered on her lips.

“Yes..I’m under the reservation name Kim Min—Xiumin..,”Minseok says as he hands the waitress his reservation card(which Luhan forced him to carry).

The waitress nods nonchalantly, check through the reservation list she’s holding and is going to show Minseok his table when she notices the latter eyeing the ‘DJABBIC’ campaign’s books. Kriss sighs at how ridiculously forgetful she is for she keeps on forgetting to introduce the campaign to the customers she served.

“Would you like to join the campaign?”She asks him as she points towards the wrapped-pile of books.

Minseok nods a little and Kriss hold backs a chuckle because despite the lack of response she receives from the latter, she can obviously see the sparkles in his eyes. She smiles a little and explains the rule without wasting more time and she really wants to laugh seeing the serious look Minseok has as he chooses the books carefully. After a few minutes, Minseok finally choose a book and Kriss shows him his table.

“Oh..Seems like your date is already here Mr.Kim,well then excuse me, I’ll bring out the menus,”Kriss exclaims before leaving.

At Kriss’s exclaimations,his date looks up and ohh those eyes.

“Ah!It’s you!The guy who had been daydreaming in front of the café for a while!”The lady said gleefully as she stands up from the chair she’s sitting on.

Minseok blushed a little from embarrassment at those remarks.

“Well, it seems that you’re my date so… Hello my name is Park Chanmi!Nice to meet you!”She smiles as she bows a little.

1,2,3 —his mind explodes!No wonder she seems so familiar to him, she is Sehun’s substitute teacher!The one with the huge glasses (except that she’s not wearing any at the moment)!The one who rudely ignore him!How could he have forgotten?! Minseok froze as this thoughts enter his mind but he soon snapped out of it when he sees the look of concern she’s giving.

“Ahh..Uh..umm..My name is Kim Mi—Xiumin, it’s nice to meet you too Park Chanmi-ssi,”He managed to utter those few words as he bows a little.

Chanmi smiles as to acknowledge him and with that they automatically sit down. Kriss appears right after that awkward introduction and not long leave the two of them alone after taking their orders.

*

*

Minseok couldn’t think straight from his nervousness even the important meetings that he usually attend are not this nerve-wracking. He can feel the awkward atmosphere around them starting to grow. He knows he needs to start the conversation between them first (because he’s the man) but he’s just too nervous and he doesn’t know what to say right at the moment. He doesn’t even dare to look directly at his date’s face.

“So…umm..Xiumin-ssi?Uhh can I call you that?”Chanmi decided to break the silence engulfing them.

“Ahh..yes it’s okay..,”Xiumin stutters as he thinks how lame he is for not trying to start up the conversation first.

“Ahh alright then!You can also call me Chanmi!”she says brightly, too brightly and Minseok actually hesitates for a moment before nodding to show his approval.

“So…I presume that you like books since you picked one?”Chanmi directed her gaze towards the wrapped book that Minseok chose earlier.

“Ahh..That’s right…how about you Chanmi-ssi?”Minseok continues but then Chanmi suddenly shows a troubled smile.

“Yes!I love books…But well,the book that I picked, I’ve already read it before..”She says as she shows Minseok the book along with the crumbled wrapper.

“Oh! That book!I’ve always wanted to read it!”Minseok says enthusiastically the moment he sees the book’s cover.

Chanmi is startled by the sudden change of attitude but she chuckles the moment she sees that his eyes are full of sparkles.

“Then, would you like to have this book? You can pay it along with the bill,”Chanmi says as she offers the book to him.

“Oh,you don’t mind?Wait..let me unwrap mine first…”Minseok says as he unwrapped the book he chose.

“Hey!I’ve been searching that book for a long time!”Chanmi gasps when she sees the title of the book.

“What..?Really?Me too!”Minseok replies back with equal excitement.

“Ahh…is that so?Aww that’s too bad I really want that book but it’s fine..I guess hahah,”Chanmi gives him a deflated smile.

Minseok struggles the moment he sees that smile on her face. He struggles between his desire of keeping the book or to make his date happy. He thinks for a moment but then decided to let his desire win because first of all, he REALLY wants the book and second of all he barely knows Chanmi so why should he give it to her?(Yes, Minseok can be extremely selfish when it comes to stuffs that he set his eyes on)

Kriss arrived with the food just in time when the atmosphere around the two of them starts to get a little awkward. They both eat their food in silence and the dish is actually really splendid that none of them could feel the tense atmosphere between them any longer. After that, dessert is served. Minseok is really impressed with the vanilla panna cotta he ordered that he can’t help but let a sigh of contentment escaped from his lips. Then a laugh is heard and Minseok knows who’s laughing and the reason behind the laugh. He can’t help but flushed in embarrassment.

“So I guess the panna cotta is to your liking?”Chanmi asks while still trying to hold down her laughter.

“Um..Yes it is..And what is so funny, Chanmi-ssi?”Minseok feels offended.

“Ohh..No!No it’s not funny at all!I just think you’re really amusing that’s all..hehehh,” Chanmi smiles warmly as her eyes turn to crescents.

Minseok eyes her suspiciously but then decided to continue eating his dessert as they carried out little conversations now and then.

After finishing their desserts, they ask for the bill from a nearby waitress. When the bill arrived, they actually had a little argument because Minseok insists on paying for both of them as Chanmi refuses. At the end, it’s Minseok’s win because he’s extremely obstinate.

“Ahh I’d also like to pay for these two books,”Minseok says to the waitress as he hands her his credit card.

The waitress smiles and nodded as she takes the credit card for him and went away for a while.

“Xiumin-ssi!As I thought, I don’t feel good about this! Let’s split the bill! Here! Please take this cash! This is my share of the bill,” Chanmi says as she takes some cash and hands it to him.

“I told you it’s fine especially I’m the guy here so I’m not taking the cash,” Minseok says as he adjusts the glasses that he’s wearing.

“But still…”Chanmi goes silent for a while. She doesn’t want to feel indebted to anyone especially someone she just met and at most at a blind date but the latter is not trying to understand her feelings at all and is actually really stubborn. So then she thought up an idea and hope it works.

“Then Xiumin-ssi,let’s meet up again so I can treat you to lunch or something!”Chanmi says with great determination.

Minseok is actually bewildered and he widened his eyes widely at the process. Is she asking me out on a date? No! More importantly she wants to meet me again? That’s what all he can thinks at the moment. Luckily, the previous waitress arrived back handing him his card back along with the bill and a plastic bag for the books allowing him to stall a few minutes to regain his composure back. When the waitress finally leave, Minseok tries to make sure that he’s not hearing things.

“So you want to meet me again?”He asks carefully.

“Yes!I really don’t feel good about you paying for me so at least let me treat you to lunch,” Chanmi says quite desperate.

Minseok couldn’t help but feel a little bit disappointed because she wants to meet him again not with the intention that she ‘wants’ to meet him but because she doesn’t want to feel indebted to him but then again he really does want to meet up with her again because he feels that her company is actually pretty refreshing and not to mention she’s a really strange person for asking a guy out on a date so casually just so she won’t feel indebted so Minseok nods reluctantly. 

Chanmi smiles and pumped up her fists as she chants the word success several times in her head. Both of them then exchange contact infos so that Chanmi can contact him later on. Chanmi then suddenly stands up after glancing towards her wrist watch.

“Ahh! I need to go somewhere soon! So,I’m gonna leave now and thanks a lot Xiumin-ssi,”She says quickly but before she leaves, Minseok stops her.

“Here you go…You can borrow this book,” Minseok hands her the book that he earlier chose.

“Ahh..!Really?!I can borrow it? Thank you so much! I promise to give it back the next time we’ll meet again!” Chanmi chirps brightly as she bows again, takes the book from him and finally dash out of the café.

Minseok gulps down the rest of his coffee before leaving the café too.

“Park Chanmi, you’re one interesting girl,” Minseok mumbles as a smile makes its way to his lips. It’s the first time that he’s being asked out by a girl to a date especially one with who he just met on a ‘blind date’ so he can’t let such an opportunity to pass by(even if it’s just to pay off a debt).


“I can’t wait to meet you again…hopefully soon…”    

 

 


Hello!! Sorry for not updating for almost 2 months TT TT ! I've been really busy with exams & stuffs...

Anyway I promise I'll update faster...And sorry if there's a lot of grammar errors, I'll try to improve...

For this story, I'll include every members(ot12) and I'll include sth so look forward to next chap > <

Also thanx so much for those who read,subscribe and even voted!^^