I am always here for you

Precious Babies

Baekhyun gave birth at night. After the long hours of labour and pushing activities, he was really draining out of energy, and he seriously needed some rest. So, just as soon as he was placed into a private room together with his babies, he had fallen into a deep slumber. Since Chanyeol knew how weak of a person Baekhyun was and plus his body had gotten weaker after the birth, he always made sure himself to be right by his husband’s side most of the time. After the nurse had done placing the sleeping twins into their own crib, Chanyeol stood up from where he was sitting at and said his gratitude to the nurse.

“Thank you so much for your hard work,” he thanked them and smiled.

“Nae. Congratulations again, Park-ssi. Have a nice day,” said the nurse back to him before she excused herself after that.

After the nurse walked out from the room and closed the door, Chanyeol back to sit down next to Baekhyun’s right side again. He pulled his chair closer to the bed so that the distance between him and Baekhyun would be just fine. Once he settled, he breathed out lightly and gently held Baekhyun’s hand. The male was sleeping peacefully and Chanyeol smiled when he looked at his husband’s sleeping face. He lifted the male’s hand a little and planted a soft kiss on it.

“Baekhyun baby, you don’t know how lucky I am to have you in my life. I can’t stop from thanking you for giving birth to our babies. Every good thing that you have done to me, I don’t think I’ll be able to pay you the same amount like how you’ve given to me,” he talked in a low voice while he used his other free hand to caress the latter’s cheek. “I love you, baby. Forever,” he talked again and continued on smiling.

While silence was conquering the room’s space, Chanyeol had started to think about his little family; how his babies would grow up healthily day by day, how the four of them would spend their moments together and how they would always support each other through the thick and thin of their lives as a family. Chanyeol wished that their family could achieve the ‘happily ever after’.

---

As the next morning came, the family then had their first visitor; Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo is Baekhyun’s younger brother. The moment when he made his feet to step inside the room, he could see the cute family members were still in their dreamland. He was smiling as he saw such scene and his smile had gotten broader when he saw his brother was holding Chanyeol’s hand while they were sleeping. They looked really cute and sweet. The way Baekhyun held his husband’s hand as if to show how his life was really depending on his protector; Chanyeol.

Kyungsoo closed the door slowly so that it wouldn’t going to disturb the four of them and then walked towards his brother. As he was already standing at Baekhyun’s left side (Chanyeol slept at the right side), he tried to wake him up gently so that his brother wouldn’t get startled.

“Hyung? Baekhyun hyung?” he called, shook the male’s shoulder lightly.

Not so long after that, Baekhyun woke up. However, he couldn’t recognize who the person that woke him up was as his vision was still blurred.

“Hyung, it’s me, Kyungsoo,” the younger told and helped to rub the elder’s eyes for him to get a clear view.

“Oh, Kyungsoo, you’re here,” he said with a low voice, and Kyungsoo nodded.

“Yeah, hyung. How are you?” Kyungsoo asked and smiled then moved his gaze to see his little niece and nephew.

“I-I’m still tired,” the elder replied.

Baekhyun turned his head to the right side of him and saw his sleeping husband. He smiled warmly as he looked at Chanyeol’s sleeping face. Kyungsoo walked nearer to the babies while Baekhyun was just looking at him without saying anything.

“They are so cute, hyung. Can I carry them once they wake up?” the boy asked happily.

“Sure,” Baekhyun nodded, and Kyungsoo moved his gaze to the babies again.

“So, you guys did name them Hyun Su and Chan Hee?”

Baekhyun nodded once again, saying ‘yes’ and smiled although his little brother wasn’t looking at him. Kyungsoo was the one helping them to choose the babies’ names when the younger went to their house months ago. When the married couple were arguing on what they should name their babies, Kyungsoo had took part to help them.

“Aww hyung, I feel honoured right now,” he said, making his hyung to laugh weakly.

“You should Kyungsoo.”

Due to the brothers’ voices, it had made Chanyeol to wake up from his soundly sleep. Groggy, he slowly sat up and his movement had caused the brothers to stop talking. When he opened his eyes, he got welcomed by a smiling Baekhyun.

“Morning, Yeol,” he greeted.

“Morning to you too, baby,” the husband replied and smiled also.

He realized that Baekhyun was still holding his hand and because of that, he was smiling broadly. That was one thing which Chanyeol loved so much about Baekhyun. Ever since they got married, Baekhyun had practiced this one sweet-cute habit in which he would intertwine his beautiful fingers with Chanyeol every time before them both fell asleep and never gonna let go until they woke up.

“You’re still holding my hand, baby,” he said.

“I know. I didn’t want to wake you up, so I decided not to let it go till you awake,” Baekhyun replied.

“I’m awake. You can do that now,” the man said again and leaned himself closer to the weak man so that he could kiss him. “And yeah. By the way, morning Kyungsoo. Let me kiss your brother first,” he greeted the younger, making Kyungsoo to laugh as he heard that.

After he kissed his husband, Chanyeol helped him to sit up and put the pillow behind him so that Baekhyun could lean his back comfortably against the pillow. Then, he and Kyungsoo went to the babies and gently carried them in their arms. Chanyeol was carrying Hyun Su while Chan Hee was being carried by her uncle. Chanyeol sat down on the bed at Baekhyun’s right side again and Kyungsoo at the left.

“Aigoo, my niece is so cute. Just like her Uncle Kyungsoo, right Chan Hee?” said Kyungsoo to her.

Five minutes later, a nurse came into their room and sent the ‘mother’ his breakfast.

“After you have your breakfast, you and your babies will have the final check-up. It won’t be long. If everything is okay, the three of you can be discharged earlier,” informed the nurse.

“Okay. Thank you, nurse,” Baekhyun replied with a smile and gave her a small bow.

---

Thirty minutes later, the nurse came again but with a doctor and other two nurses this time. They wanted to start the check-up and had asked Chanyeol and Kyungsoo to wait outside. Before the husband left the room, he gave a peck on Baekhyun’s lips and told him that everything was going to be alright. Baekhyun smiled and nodded his head.

---

While waiting outside, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol started the conversations between them both. Kyungsoo was asking the elder about his younger brother. His brother was studying at America; taking dancing class.

“Chanyeol hyung, when is Jongin coming back?”

“This weekend, but he’s going stay here for two days only. He couldn’t be long since his exams are just around the corner,” Chanyeol replied.

“Oh, really?” Kyungsoo asked again. He sounded a little disappointed.

“Uhuh. He said he wanted to stay longer, but his exams are more important. I understand that,” the elder told again.

While they were talking, one of the nurses then rushed out from Baekhyun’s room and called for Chanyeol. She informed them that Baekhyun and the babies were fine.

“But the problem right now is, your husband is bleeding and he got panicked. It is a normal thing actually, but since he is so panicked right now, we couldn’t do anything to clean and calm him down. Mr. Park, you should come inside,” the nurse informed.

“Al-alright. Kyungsoo, you wait here, okay?”

After he gave his ordered, Chanyeol quickly left the younger and entered the room together with the nurse. Once he was in, he could hear and see Baekhyun was crying while shouting at the nurse asking where his husband was.

“I want my husband! I want Chanyeol! Please call him. I need him!” he begged.

Chanyeol rushed to his crying husband and quickly clasped their hands together.

“Baekhyun baby, I’m here. I’m here, baby,” he said and kissed the male’s hand.

“Chanyeol! Chanyeol, please don’t leave me. I’m scared, Yeol. I’m bleeding. Chanyeol, I don’t want to die. Not so soon,” he said with a trembling voice.

He couldn’t stop from crying as he was feeling completely scared. Chanyeol could feel how trembling his husband’s body was and it hurt him a lot to see Baekhyun looked so terrified like that. Softly, he pulled Baekhyun into his hug and rubbed his back while the crying man hugged him also and buried his face onto Chanyeol’s chest.

“Baby, you’re fine. You’re not going to die, Baek. Don’t say like that. There’s nothing wrong with you, baby,” he said.

“I-I’m bleeding. You can see it there. It scares me t-to s-see it,” Baekhyun said again.

Chanyeol moved his gaze to the direction of Baekhyun’s legs and could see the blood covered the bed and his blanket. Honestly, it scared Chanyeol to death also as he saw quite amount of blood sticking on that. Then, he made his eyes to look at the doctor and saw her mumbled something silently, but Chanyeol could get what she was saying. The doctor was assuring him that Baekhyun was fine and neither of them had to feel worried. With that, a bitter smile created on his lips.

“There’s nothing wrong with you Baekhyun. That is only the unnecessary blood that your body is trying to get rid of it. Just like when a woman has her period,” Chanyeol told.

“That’s right, Baekhyun-ssi. You’ve given birth and it’s normal to get bleed like this. Your body is just in the process of getting rid of the lining of your womb, to make it completely clean inside,” the doctor added.

Baekhyun didn’t say anything and still sobbing. He tightened his grip on Chanyeol’s back while Chanyeol kissed his head.

“Hear that, baby? You don’t have to feel scared. Look at me, baby,” Chanyeol ordered with a gentle tone.

Without refusing, Baekhyun then slowly lifted his head up to look at his beloved husband and when his eyes met Chanyeol’s, he saw the husband was smiling warmly at him. By looking at Chanyeol’s smiling face, it had made the boy to stop from crying.

“R-Really? I’m really fine? I-I’m scared. I-I thought I’m never going t-to be able to see you and our b-babies a-again,” Baekhyun asked.

Chanyeol nodded and kissed Baekhyun’s forehead.

“Yes, baby. You’re fine. You’re not going to die now. Not now. Not too soon. If you did, I’m not going to be able to live anymore,” Chanyeol answered.

Chanyeol continuously was trying to say more soothing words to his beloved husband so that it could calm him down while allowing the nurses and the doctor to continue their works on checking and cleaning up Baekhyun.

“Our babies are fine. Their mother should be the same, right?” he asked and then chuckled, making Baekhyun to chuckle lightly.

“Yeol, you’re not going to leave me right?”

Listening to that, the husband smiled and slowly shook his head.

“Never, baby. I’ll become the stupidest and dumbest person ever if I did that. I really, really, really love you, Baekhyun. I love you so much. I don’t need anyone else in my life. I want you. Just you and our babies,” he assured him and kissed his lips.

Chanyeol’s words could really convince Baekhyun that he really meant what he said.

“I trust you, and thank you. My husband, you’re my hero,” Baekhyun praised, but ended up chuckling as he thought it sounded funny and a bit cliché.

Seeing Baekhyun smiled, Chanyeol’s lips started to create a smile also. He was happy whenever Baekhyun was happy.

 

 

 

 

 

------------------

A/N: Hello again, next chapter is up and i hope you like it, please comment and tell me what you think of it :) i won't be updating this until next week because it's my birthday tomorrow and i have so many uni assignments to do. again thank you for giving Precious Babies a try :)