Chapter Six

Mistaken for a Girl [HIATUS]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 6

By the time Minseok and his parents came strolling back around the corner into the living room, Lu Han was sitting on the floor with his arms crossed and glares shooting out of his eyes like daggers. The target of his annoyance seemed oblivious to her surroundings, with her eyes closed and disconnected earphones in her ears. To any random passerby, the scene would've looked like an older sister refusing to give a toy to her younger brother, who found it in his nature to be obstinate and thus, sulked at her feet. 

Minseok quickly hurried over and lifted Lu Han to his feet. "Why are you glaring at her like that?" he softly whispered into the other's ear, gesturing a thumb in Minseo's direction. 

"Are you sure this is your sister, Minseok?" Lu Han replied with a tinge of disbelief. "She's like your devil counterpart or something." 

"Yeah, I know," Minseok whispered back. "She's been a brat ever since I can remember. It seems to not have changed one bit." 

Minseo shifted on the couch and lifted an eyelid to glance at the people that were in front of her. "I can hear everything you're saying, you know. Your whispering is loud enough for the next door neighbor to hear." 

Both males scowled at her words. 

When Minseo closed her eyes again, Minseok bounded forward and tugged on the girl's feet with force, dragging her to fall on the floor with a painful thump! Both of her earphones dropped out of her ears and her hair went flying across her face haphazardly. Startled, it took Minseo about five seconds to register what had happened before she stood up, annoyance written all over her expression, and pounced on her brother. 

To say Lu Han was surprised was an understatement. His shocked face looked impressive enough to make a popular photo on iFunny. His bottom lip curled backwards into his mouth and his forehead wrinkles protruded as his eyebrows raised to their maximum height. His head spun back and forth as he observed the siblings grappling at each other with no end in sight. It was a miracle that they hadn't torn each other's hair apart yet. 

"You little rat! Get off me!" Minseok shouted as Minseo clawed at his hair. 

She didn't seem to hear. Or maybe she ignored it. Her shoes had been thrown off long before, and now she was flailing in midair with her stomach supported on Minseok's shoulder. 

Lu Han definitely hadn't expected Minseok's sister to be this feisty. Nope, not at all. 

"Minseok and Minseo, cut this nonsense out right now!" Mr. Kim bellowed, causing the ground underneath Lu Han to visibly shake. He had forgotten the parents were there. Lu Han turned back to look at them as the noise from the brawl died down, and upon seeing their expressions, he almost cowered in fear. Mr. Kim's nostrils were flaring as he scorned his children with fierce eyes, while Mrs. Kim bore the look of incoming doom, blood rushing to her face. The scariest emojis couldn't have compared. 

The two siblings immediately broke apart from each other and stood with their faces to the ground. They seemed to already know that pushing any more buttons would be disastrous. 

This must be something that happens at home a lot, Lu Han thought. For the first or second time today, Lu Han was thankful that he wasn't in Minseok's place. 

An awkward silence lingered until Mr. Kim decided to speak again. 

"We didn't travel all the way down here so you guys could fight like three year-olds. You two are both adults now. Grow up and stop behaving like immature children," he barked. 

Lu Han whipped his head around to look at the receiving end. The two both nodded and slowly uttered, "Yes, Father, I'm sorry," in perfect unison. 

Lu Han was having one surprise after another. Looking at his best friend, he wasn't even sure if Minseok was twenty-four or a ten year-old being scolded by his parents. 

Mr. Kim's face returned to its earlier calmer disposition. He patted his stomach. "Minseok said he made us some food. We've been traveling all day. Let's go eat, shall we?" 

 

Dinner, was, without a doubt, terribly uncomfortable. If Lu Han had thought before that eating with Kai was bad, then this was ten times worse. Once again, he was at the center of attention, this time with four pairs of eyes on him. 

"So Ha Ni, how did you meet Minseok?" Mrs. Kim asked, chewing a piece of kimchi in . 

Lu Han flashed back to what Minseok had told him earlier this morning. We should stick to the truth as much as possible, just as long as it doesn't get us caught. Lu Han twirled his chopticks casually and beamed, hoping his impression was similar to that of a girl smitten in love with her husband (not that he really knew how that was supposed to look

Please log in to read the full chapter