Chapter Four

Mistaken for a Girl [HIATUS]
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: Isn't our Lulu so beautiful in this picture? I thought it would be fitting, just so you guys can kind of envision what he looks like. Hehe. 

 

Chapter Four

"Damn."

Lu Han stared at his reflection in the dresser mirror with disbelieving eyes. The face that stared back at him was definitely not his own; that much he could tell. He couldn't recognize the sparkling eyes, cherry lips, or blushing cheeks that he was seeing. For a moment, Lu Han felt as if he was looking at a very attractive woman, before he realized that the phantom in the mirror was indeed, himself. 

"Lu Han, have you ever wondered if you were meant to be born a different gender?" Sungmi asked, looming over his sitting form from behind. She was yanking a comb through his wig of hair, holding a hand over his head so it wouldn't fall off. 

Lu Han narrowed his eyes at her through the mirror. "You're not making me feel better. Why in the world would I sit around wondering that?" he snapped. 

Sungmi chuckled. "I don't mean this in a bad way. Think about it: not everyone is born with good looks, but you manage to make handsomeness and prettiness go hand-in-hand. That is a nearly impossible feat, don't you think?" 

Lu Han grunted. Sure, he had to admit that his reflection was pretty darn hot, even if he would never say it out loud, but being a recipient of such degrading feminine procedures turned him into a cynical being. In no way did he think looking good as both genders was a feat. 

Not to mention, he was feeling extremely awkward wearing Sungmi's undergarment. It unjarred him to look down and see two mounds protruding from under the shirt, which definitely had no place to be there. It was already scary enough to have to wax his precious eyebrows, shave his legs, and decorate his face with makeup. But wearing a bra, especially when he had such a manly charisma, was on a whole other level of disturbing. Why in the world did he have to put up with this? 

A loud, clanking noise from the other side of the wall disrupted his quiet contemplation. Sungmi stopped fixing Lu Han's hair and placed her comb down on the dresser before leaving the room to see who had come in. 

Kai was standing in the doorway taking off his shoes with one hand while the other was leaning against the wall to give him balance. When he heard Sungmi approaching, he stopped what he was doing and pointed a finger at the pair of shoes that Lu Han had left by the door. "Whose are those?" he asked. "Did your brother come back?" 

Sungmi halted in her steps, unsure of what to say. "No..." she quietly mumbled.

Kai's eyes darkened. "Then don't tell me it's - "

Lu Han chose that moment to appear, ramming right into Sungmi's back. Through the flurry of dark mascara that coated his lashes, he could barely see his surroundings clearly. It was a little bit too late when he realized who was standing at the doorway, blinking at him with curious eyes. Mortified, Lu Han ran to the closest wall opposite from Kai's view and hid his face in a corner. Then, on second thought, he sped to Sungmi's room and slammed the door shut. 

Kai blinked in confusion. "Who is that?" 

"Um, you don't recognize...?" 

"I don't think I've ever seen her before," Kai answered, furrowing his eyebrows in deep thought. Something about that girl was bothering him, but he couldn't quite place a finger on what it was. "Is she a new friend of yours?" 

Sungmi facepalmed herself. She should've expected this reaction from her oh-so-oblivious boyfriend, but a part of her was mocking him for not being able to recognize somebody who he had seen so often. When was Kai ever going to learn, especially after what had happened between them already? 

She settled for nodding her head to Kai's question. He didn't need to know that it was Lu Han. The latter probably wouldn't want him to know either, judging by the quickness of his escapade. "She's a friend I made in university. Excuse her rudeness. She's not very good with...strangers," Sungmi said. 

Kai chewed on the thought for a second more, then shrugged indifferently. "It doesn't matter." Before Sungmi could do anything, he had bounded forward and wrapped her in a big bear hug, burrowing his head into the crook of her neck. This had become his habit to do ever since they got together. "I miss you," he said, stealing a gentle kiss on her skin. 

Sungmi giggled. "But you just saw me yesterday." 

"So? I'm not allowed to miss my girlfriend?" 

"No, that's not what I meant - " 

Kai pulled away and grinned at her, taking hold of her left hand with his right. "I know what you mean." He swung their arms back and forth as he led her into the kitchen. "Let's continue those cooking lessons for you, shall we?" 

Lu Han was becoming more and more frantic by the second. He was sitting with his back against the door of Sungmi's room, listening to the conversation of the couple outside to plan when to escape without attracting attention. But the opportunity just wasn't presenting itself. 

The sun outside the window was slowly descending into the horizon, which meant that night was quickly approaching. Lu Han hadn't realized that so much time had passed while he was at Sungmi's house, and he really needed to get out of here to meet up with Minseok before his parents could come. And if they were set to visit in a few hours' time, Lu Han had to hurry. But how? Kai was outside, and now way in hell was Lu Han going to r

Please log in to read the full chapter