Four

Two Hearts Serendipity

You heard a soft knock on your room door. Your eyes fluttered open and you rubbed your eyes. Your eyes felt so heavy and just like you expect it, your eyes puffy. You looked so awful when you looked at your reflection in the mirror. The knocked on your door continued. You let out a deep sigh before turning the key and open it. There, you saw a girl with the same face as you, but the pretty version of you. She smiled to you.

Hey, sis. The things you did earlier, that was so…awesome.” She said greeting you with her English and Korean language that she mixed up.

You just gave her a weak smile and remove your hand from the door, signaling her to come in to your room. She came in and looking around your room.

“I’ll be sleeping here for few days because my room still hasn’t ready yet. Is that okay with you?” She asked you while looking at you.

It’s a bit awkward looking at someone who has the exactly same face as you, but in a better one, the pretty version. She had a thick enough makeup on her face, and also her outfit that looks so glamour and all of her outfit was an expensive things. She’s also wore a jewelry that make her looks more glamorous.

“Yeah. It’s okay.” You answered shortly after scanning her.

“Well…your room looks err…old and…not pretty at all.” She said with her ‘you’ve gotta be kidding me’ expression on her face.

You followed her looking around your room and then realize what your sister said was true. Your room looked so plain and boring. With an only cream wall, medium sized bed with black and white dotted bedsheet, a nightstand beside the bed, and a simple closet.

“Yeah it is.” You agreed her while scoffed.

Sena went to your bed and sat there. She looked satisfied enough with your bed. She looked up at you while smiling queenly like.

“But your bed isn’t bad after all.”

“Well, even though no one cares to me, they still gave me the facilities nicely.” You scoffed again, while remembering about your mom and your step father.

Sena looked up at you. She looked like want to ask something to you, but she’s hesitant whether she should asked it or not. You gave her a look.

“What? You want to ask something?”

“Err…it’s…nothing. Forget it.” She said while smiling half heartedly.

You rolled your eyes while sit in your bed next to her.

“Just ask.” You said shortly, still with your monotone voice.

Sena looked up at you, still look hesitant. You tilted your head lightly, waiting for her question.

“Err…how did I ask it? Oh God it’s awkward.”

Sena talked to herself making her so adorable before asking the question to you. You just smiled secretly seeing the nervousness and the awkwardness of your sister.

“Well, Semi-ya, you…are you really never ever know dad? I mean like…seeing his photo or knowing his name and his job or something like that…?” She finally asked you, still hesitant and awkward.

You chuckled lightly before answering her. She looked at you a bit surprise you’re actually chuckling at her question.

“No. Never.” You answered her shortly, but while smiling lightly now.

“What about you?” You continued by asking her. Sena looked at you with questionable look.

“I mean…do you ever know something about…mom?”

Sena shook her head while smiling faintly. “Nope until a day before my flight to here.” She said.

“I saw her photo. Dad gave me her old photo. He said just in case it’s hard for me to find her in the airport.” She explained. You just nodded without saying anything.

There’s a moment of silence. But the silence isn’t the awkward silence. It’s a comforting silence, because the two of you too preoccupied by the thought of each of you.

“Do you want to know or…see him? I mean…meet him?” Sena suddenly asked you, again a bit hesitant.

You looked at her for a while, not answering her question. Then you just chuckled bitterly.

“No─I mean, I never asked or wish for anything more. Knowing that I have a father and he’s still alive and live well, it’s enough for me.” You answered her.

Sena looked at you seriously. There’s no her glamour, famous, queenly image of her in her face that time. It’s like only…her. Her own, that looked alike you. You looked back at her and pressed your lips into a thin line.

“It must be awkward. I mean…I meet him for the first time after 17 years, when I’m not a baby anymore, when I’m a young lady.  He won’t recognize me. I don’t even sure he can differentiate us.” You explained while chuckling at your last words.

Sena smiled, but half heartedly. She’s still concerned to the things you said.

“You’re right, but─”

“No buts. I don’t accept any buts.” You said, cutting her words while smiling sincerely at her. Sena smiled back at you.

“Okay, okay then. Well, because we just meet after 17 years apart, should we do some bonding?” Sena asked you with her playful face. You chuckled lightly.

“Hm…should we?” You pretended to thinking and hesitant it, but laughing with her a while after.

Sena swung her arms to your shoulder, and pulled you closer while laughing together with you.

“What about we start with help me unpacking my luggage?” She suggested, but more like command it. You nodded eagerly.

Soon, you and Sena started unpacking her luggage while still joking and teasing each other playfully, and laughing together merrily.


Yeay! How's this chapter? I keep my promise to you guys to update it every weekend!>< I hope you can give me a lot of support through comments and subscribe^^ Thanks for reading this and hope you enjoy it!

BIG LOVE AND THANKS!<3

-author K-

 

*ps: the blue words mean english language mode