Starting to Unfold

The Scent of Flowers

Starting to Unfold

---

The wedding soon ended with the wedding kiss and a dismissal for the food. But during the wedding, Kyungsoo noticed that ever so often, Yifan's eyes would flutter towards one of the bridesmaids. He didn't know who, but he was sure that Yifan wasn't looking at Victoria, especially not with a mysterious look in his eyes. But he brushed it off as just looking. But those frequent glances contained a story that Kyungsoo didn't know yet.

Kyungsoo went over to the refreshments, leaving Yifan alone on the table. He gathered passion fruit juice, which was his favorite. But when he glanced over at the table, he noticed that someone new sat next to Yifan. Not wanting anything to get to him, he went back to his table happily. 

The girl shifted her gaze towards Kyungsoo when he sat down. "Interesting," passed her lips when she surveyed him up and down. Her hair was slightly red and short. She rested her chin on her fisted palms. "You're his?"

"Yeah..." he answered quietly, feeling intimidated by her immediately. Although she had a, I'm innocent, look on her face, there was more to it than that. "Who're you?"

"Sulli," she answered. But rather than asking for his name or introducing herself any further, she stood up and left.

When Kyungsoo glanced back up at Yifan, he could see that there was a longing gaze in those orbs. It was as if Yifan was in a trance, he continued to stare at the back of the jealousy brewing up in the pits of his stomach. He immediately wanted to know who she was and what she meant to him. But if he were to be so straight-forward, would Yifan get ideas?

"Yifan-hyung," Kyungsoo said as he waved his palm in his face. "You there?"

But Yifan's answer was a brief nod and a small smile to excuse himself from the table. "I have something to do..." he muttered as he stood up and left, supposedly running after Sulli. 

 

"You came back from England and you didn't tell me?" Yifan said out loud when he finally got Sulli to go outside with him. "I had to go to a wedding to know?"

Sulli just shrugged. "What difference would it make? You'd see me here anyways." 

He stayed quiet for a minute, breathing in the freezing air. He glanced at her gracefully holding a drink in her hands, twirling it once in a while to hear the soft clinks against the glass. She took a sip from the cherry-flavored alcoholic drink. "Looks like it'll rain..." she muttered under her breath. Goosebumps pricked her radiant fair skin, with one hand she rubbed it, hoping to gain heat. 

Like expected from Sulli, Yifan handed her his jacket.

"You should go back to your sweety, he's probably waiting. And I should go back to mine." She said before walking off, coat still hanging off of her shoulders. But Yifan didn't notice, and honestly, he wouldn't care at all. He was just stunned with the fact that Sulli had someone new, calling him, sweety, it sickened him deep inside. She might've been an old flame worth at the least, three years back. But she still mattered to him, no matter how much time has passed.

Sulli was his cruel childhood friend, but that's how he claims her to be. But Sulli said that Yifan was hers. Just that and nothing else. He could remember all of the things that had happened in their little lives, all to which molded him to be the person he was now. If not for Sulli, he'd be the quiet boy he always was, rather talking to his plushies than real people. Others claimed her presence as a bad influence, but Yifan claims it as an influence. No matter bad or good, her influence was what made him fall for her so hard. Cruel as it was, Sulli never returned his feelings, she only played with it and tested the limits that the both would be able to go. She scares him, but he loves the thrill...

As he thinks, feelings respark just a tiny bit. Like a match that was smoldering yet with just a tiny flint of light sparking it. In his mind, he's begging for everything to just be a shushed black with no light for her at all, but his heart loves the feeling, the undeniable rush of excitement. He loves the thrill...

 

Kyungsoo is all smiles when talking to Luhan. No matter how flirtatious the older male might've been, they still clash like long time friends. 

They avert their attention from each other when Yifan steps back into the scene, cheeks looking faintly flustered. Kyungsoo first-off notices that Yifan's missing his jacket, he begins to ask, but there's no need when Sulli comes up to Yifan, handing back his jacket, with a, "Thanks, honey."

Luhan would wolf-whistle if he could. But it wasn't appropriate to. Not for him, for he was taken. Not for the couple, even if they were fake. And definitely not for the girl, for who knows, she might've still had her dignity unlike other who throw themselves around. He would ask for who she was, her name, probably her number, but the look in Yifan's eyes tells Luhan that he shouldn't do that. The fake couple, Yifan, and Kyungsoo Luhan could see, is having a sending message through my eyes showdown. Both are so good at it, it's hard to predict who would win. But when there's a good eye-fight, there was a good call for tension. Luhan can never stand a thing like that, so he rushes off to tell the news to Baekhyun.

 

"Who was she?" Kyungsoo spoke up, voice raspy as they get into the car. 

"No one you need to known," Yifan answers and the words are cold. 

It must've been a touchy subject, Kyungsoo concludes. But it still feels weird, he isn't use to the taller being so rude to him. He's getting two blows in a week.

Kyungsoo quiets down. Deep in the crevices of his mind, Kyungsoo is uncertain with what today will bring. This will be the first time in his life to ever admit that, yeah, he's jealous. Now the only thing he can do is turn the radio on.

The hosts are talking about things that would normally matter, but right now, not matter to them at all. "The sky is black, looks like it'll rain." 

In unison, both of their phones ring. One's a text, and the other is a call.

Kyungsoo receives the call. "You're here? Right now? I guess I'll try, wait, don't hang up..." he turns to Yifan who has a small smile as he reads his text message while the light is red. "Drive me to the airport... please." He only adds the please to make it sound much less of a command.

The song, Stupid in Love, by Mad Clown featuring Soyu, comes on.

"Who's that?" Yifan asks.

"No one you need to know," Kyungsoo answers, he really hopes that there's a sting in Yifan's heart like there was a sting in his. "Now are you going to take me to the airport?"

"No, not until you tell me who that was." Yifan takes a curve and parks his car, stopping completely.

"I'll walk," Kyungsoo says as he unbuckles his seatbelt. But the car starts up again and it's in motion.

"I just want to know, what's so bad about that?" The Chinese asked, worry laced in his tone.

"So did I. You tell me why you didn't answer, I'll tell you after." Kyungsoo replied, starting a bargain.

"You're being childish... Kyungsoo," a worn out sigh came out of Yifan as he said those words.

Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows as he said through gritted teeth, "No, you are. You're avoiding the whole thing itself."

The older male bit his lips as he began, "Listen—"

"No. Where are we going? Drop me off at the airport." Kyungsoo almost shouted as he was being stubborn.

Although Yifan felt worn out, he still wanted to put up a good fight to get what he wanted, "Not until you—"

"I'm done. I'm ing done. Stop." Kyungsoo said as he unbuckled his seatbelt.

Yifan stops and Kyungsoo gets out. 

The taller male is the only one that can hear the song that's now singing the words:

 

Your attitude was different, making
my heart
ache, you felt strange The sky is
black as if it will rain Both of us are getting
sick of the repeating disappointment and
arguments You will probably break up
with me here today

 

When he gathers every single bit of his sense together, Kyungsoo's already in the airport. Yifan runs after him, only to see him in someone else's arms. 


A/N:  had to. i'm sorry for the angst but... expect better things for the next update. and sulli's the girl from chapter 1.