They Believed Us

The Scent of Flowers

They Believed Us

---

Yifan rubbed his hands in worry, he shifted his feet over, passing part-time to one other as seconds ticked by. He couldn’t reassure himself his “boyfriend” would come. He had a reason to be worried, the little squirt never shows up anywhere. 

The party that his father threw, for his birthday, is the perfect place to suddenly “reveal” his boyfriend. There were more than enough people that actually mattered to get the word across. Just standing there, listening to those leeches talk, was really making him bored. Excusing himself, he went over to the wine table and grabbed a glass. Dunking it all into his mouth, he looked up, growling inside in anger. The little brat was still nowhere to be found. After downing a few more bottles, a voice made him raise his head.

“It’ll make you drunk.” Although the sentence was proposing worry, the voice sounded just emotionless and stone cold. It was too familiar. “Sorry, I was in a jiffy.” 

Kyungsoo had his light-brown (parents thought it would be cute to have it dyed) hair back, revealing a pair of thick eyebrows that sat above two doe-like eyes. Full red-bitten lips were revealed in such an attractive manner, it made Yifan want to sabotage the other man right there, right then. His small figure that was in a black and white suit was more adorable than professional. 

“Bad boy,” Yifan said, a light smirk playing across his lips, “for being so late.” 

“Eh,” the younger said, frowning. 

Not so long after Kyungsoo finally came, a light tap and chuckle came from the speakers when Mr. Wu went up there. He cleared his throat and guided his hand to Kris, “My son’s 24th birthday.” 

Everybody was looking expectantly at Yifan, to go up there and make a speech about how undeserving and unworthy he was for his parent’s kindness. And he did just that, stumbling a little, the alcohol still affecting him. But Kyungsoo lifted his left hand and gently put it on the man’s back, his right hand retrieved Yifan’s right hand, causing the crowd to murmur. “You okay?” Kyungsoo asked way too natural to be suspicious. 

The boy did have some talent after all, who knew that through that blunt personality, stood an amazing actor that could win an Oscar for how many times he wanted to.

“I’m fine, sweety,” the pet name made him cringe on the inside, especially since he was talking to the Do Kyungsoo. 

After being released from the “caring” hands of the younger man, he made his way up. The crowd looked at him, expectantly. Yifan smiled, “You might be wondering about the previous scene.” 

“To be honest, I have to admit, I am currently in a relationship with Do Kyungsoo,” Kris announced. 

The crowd turned towards Kyungsoo, patting him on the back and muttering, “congratulations,” with a hidden thought of, My kid could’ve had him if it weren't for you.

Yifan motioned for the petite male to come up alongside him, to which the response was pattering sounds made by the tiny male.  “We,” Yifan began eagerly, “have started dating a few weeks back.” 

Kyungsoo would’ve scoffed if not what they were doing was an act right now. He faked a shy smile, leaving the crowd with “ooh’s” and “ah’s.” His body was itching by the scorching touch of Yifan’s hands on his hips, especially with a tight grip. It made him want to shove the man away, and then burn his hands off while they were still attached to his body. 

 

“Aha, we fooled them,” Yifan said, throwing his head back and clapping his hands in satisfaction. 

Kyungsoo didn’t say anything, much less move. He stared at the opening which was before him. Sitting on a chair right next to Yifan, on Kris’s room balcony, made Kyungsoo want to sigh out in frustration and yell at his parents for even suggesting the idea of staying with his boyfriend.

If he refused, they would have suspicions, so he simply smiled widely, scratch his head, and say, “Ah, I was planning on asking you that, but I was afraid you’d refuse the idea.”

Ugh, never in a million years would he even say that, he rather drink back barf than spill those words out of his mouth. 

“Yifan, are you willing to sleep on the floor?” he asked, only lips moving and nothing else. 

Yifan scoffed, “Are you willing to be thrown off of this balcony?” 

Kyungsoo looked at him, with a face that said, Yes.

Yifan rolled his eyes resting a hand on the hips of Kyungsoo and pulled him closer. Surprised that the midget could still keep a straight face on even with the lack of distance, he leaned in closer till his lips rested on the other’s. 

Unlike what he expected, a push or maybe even a slap, his lips were still on the other’s. There’s not even a reaction at all. How boring, he thought, but when he pulled back, the still face of Do Kyungsoo was frozen. (Although it was often like that, this was a different frozen.) Eyebrows were furrowed together, huge eyes were made to be even larger. 

It was too cute to just look at, Yifan made it more intense for Do Kyungsoo by bending forward and biting the frozen petite male’s bottom lip. Being so close, it was only until now did Yifan ever notice the sweet flowery fragrance coming from Kyungsoo, exactly like a bunch of lilacs and cherry blossoms. While putting his nose on the side of Kyungsoo’s neck, he soon felt a tear coming down from the quivering male. 

“Sorry, was that your first time?” Yifan asked in a gentle, soothing voice, so not his style.

“It feels weird," Kyungsoo said, totally avoiding the question. Because it was already too obvious. It was his first time being kissed.

“I can make it feel good.” the larger male said, his upper lip and smirking devilishly.

“How? It’s too weird to—“ Kyungsoo's protest was cut off by another sudden kiss from Yifan. This time, a tongue was shoved along with it. Wu Yifan made sure to explore every corner and any hidden spots. The experienced male on the petite one’s tongue playfully, earning a moan (so beautiful sounding) from the victim. Just as the wolf was about to take things a little bit further, the door opened. So simultaneously that he accidently bit  Kyungsoo’s tongue. 

His mother, because of the moonlight, saw the scene so vividly that it made her jump like a young schoolgirl. She regretted ever disturbing the two and slammed the door shut, running back to her husband to pass on what she had saw. 

Kyungsoo looked at the older, eyebrows creased together, tongue sliding out due to the pain. “Ya thit on mahth tun—“     

Yifan couldn’t help but laugh at the younger, for being so cute and so clueless. Biting softly would’ve been sort of a turn-on, but it wasn’t soft, it was too sudden. Not having enough air to apologize, he rolled on the ground laughing, with an angry Kyungsoo staring down at him. He knew that he would be regretting what he did later on, but he didn’t mind right now. It was way too funny to not be laughing at. “Okay, I’m sorry, I’ll let you sleep on the bed, and I’ll sleep on the floor,” that was Yifan’s apology and the making up for the poor Kyungsoo.

It took only a few minutes for the tired petite male to fall asleep, and only a few minutes for the sneaky wolf to crawl back onto his bed. But he also added a few more elements, like wrapping his arms around the thin waist of Kyungsoo and pulling him close to a cuddle. His smell was intoxicating, the smell of fresh tulips floated by, engulfing into a sea of roses. Kyungsoo’s soft, warm body was very comforting, the fact that Yifan had slept without Kyungsoo, seemed like a crime even!

While his nose was rested near Kyungsoo’s head, taking a whiff of the smaller male’s fragrance from time to time, he noticed simply that there was nothing he knew about Kyungsoo. If it wasn’t for his quiet and blunt nature, Kyungsoo would definitely be his real boyfriend. It was very easy to be interested in Kyungsoo, yet only a few venture so far until they back out. 

Kyungsoo reminded Yifan so much about his almost forgotten past. When he came in, even without words, memories aired through his empty head, filling a bucket full every day. But it harmed his heart, the more he recalled each broken and thrown away pieces. 

 

     “I can’t do it, it’s impossible...” Yifan, the former, shouted. He clutched his knees, body bent and head low. Each sweat that poured out of his body oozed not only sweat, but  also pain. Pain that had been made through constant tries and errors. Basketball for Yifan came naturally, but at times he wanted to give it up, because he had to practice so hard for something that he considered, “should be fun.”

“Yifan-ah,” she shouted. “You might not be able to make it, you might not be able to do it, but what about the others?” 

“Just because you’re non-capable doesn’t mean you drag the rest down, unless you plan on quitting, stop with that attitude.” She said. Although both were at a young age, the girl had a lot to say. The words which came out of were both intimidating and inspiring. It pushed him to a limit, that with her help, would soon break. 

It made him angry, very angry, how could she say those things when she wasn’t sweating as much as him? Realizing what he just shouted out, he wanted to bite his tongue off and swallow it. She only looked at him, face too calm for such an intense situation. “Should I leave?” 

With those words said, he recollected his mind and soon paced forward, even making the goal of being team captain. He didn’t want her to leave. She was the only person bold enough to look him in the eyes, smirk, and spit towards his direction. 

Sometimes even too bold for her own good. 

 

     Seeing Do Kyungsoo look him straight in the eyes, a memory quickly flew by, leaving his jaw open. It was very rare for someone to talk back to him, but he excused the thought since the guy was new. Yifan thought that Do Kyungsoo was just a mistaken young boy who will learn Wu Yifan’s iron fist on the school.

But even after years of knowledge, he still talked back so boldly. With a bluntly uninterested expression, Kyungsoo made Yifan want to be begging at his feet.

Playing a rude trick that he knew she wouldn’t fall for. He soon realized the difference and decided that Kyungsoo had a kinder heart than her.

Yifan knew that their replies would’ve been completely different.

Kyungsoo: “I’m so sorry Yifan-shi for ever bringing such a burden. If there is a way to repay it, please tell me.”

Her: “I never asked you, did you want a favor from me so bad? Now that you’ve caught my attention, you’ll be paying a much harsher price.”

Both might seem a bit distance from this world, but since their mottos are two separate ones, with almost no similarities, of course, they had a different mindset.

 

Yifan sighed and breathed onto the soft light-brown hair of Do Kyungsoo. “You’re different, but I like you...” so unconsciously that he never even noticed the words slipping out. Soon the taller man’s eyes drifted heavily, shoving its way off to sleep.

 

The prince was awakened by a harsh shove of his own bed. He cursed in his head. His whole body was slammed onto the floor, what a harsh way to wake up. Who had the guts to wake the Wu Yifan up? 

Obviously a petite male with angrily fisted hands and a red flushed out face. “You said you would sleep on the floor!” Kyungsoo shouted. 

“So? What’s so wrong about sleeping up there?” Yifan shouted, eyes still shut from such a sudden awakening. 

“I wouldn’t have minded, if not for your troubling habits!” Kyungsoo yelled. "Undressing me while still asleep, what sort of person are you!"  

Troubling habits? Undressing? Yifan thought, head still aching. After he stood up, he opened his eyes and looked at the little man that was cowering under the white blankets. What’s he hiding?        

The older man’s large hands came towards the younger and pulled the blankets off, revealing a Do Kyungsoo with milky white skin. A blush was bright on his face. Yifan gulped, How could he be any cuter than this?!


A/N: I swear, I'm killing myself. Who's the "she" I keep saying without mentioning the name? Haha, come back for an update~~~ Here's a little Krisoo, for the good old heart.