My Distress

The Scent of Flowers

My Distress

---

"You just broke a erted man's heart. How do you feel?" Baekhyun emphasised, hissing spit into Kyungsoo's ear. Eyes squinting and head shaking disapprovingly. But Jongdae, gave the opposite reaction.

"How did you do it? Like how? How is it possible to get a leech off of you?" he asked, eyes wide and desperate for some odd reason. "I have my reasons..." he hissed as he gets dragged by Suho.

Baekhyun watches as the two couple exit, and then immediately focuses his attention on Kyungsoo. "Well, at least it's going to be equal. I heard from him that he was to be seeing his ex. What's her name? The pretty girl, uh, Victoria."

Kyungsoo's eyes widened with curiosity at Baekhyun's words. He tried to look as calm as possible, but hopelessly failing as Baekhyun circles around him, giving glares that brought his heart guilt.

"I mean, the girl was seeing this Thai prince, Nickhun. But I guess they broke up or something?" Baekhyun said again, trying to make Kyungsoo jealous or at least thoughtful of Yifan's feelings.

The door clattered open and closed as footsteps and unknown voices began sounding. "I think that's them right now," Baekhyun said as he bounced into the living room to greet the two newcomers.

Kyungsoo sat in the kitchen table, hands cupped around a steaming hot chocolate. His mind began going, imagining what was to happen if Yifan left him for Victoria. That would be a real relationship with someone that he actually liked. And Kyungsoo would go back to his normal life. The thought made his heart feel heavy and mind tired. His grip on the mug tightened and he gave a large sigh as the voices began more cheery and loud. Filled with curiosity, Kyungsoo poked his head out of the entrance and into the living room. Because of trouble of seeing, he began moving closer, only to jump back out of surprise when he sees Yifan towering over him.

But instead of talking to him, Yifan walked past him, with Victoria trailing behind him. Kyungsoo never felt as empty in his life than when Yifan didn't even greet him. 

Grudgingly, Kyungsoo went up into his bedroom, spotting Sehun sleeping. Not wanting to stay inside of the house any longer, he laid on top of Sehun, waking the younger up. "Sehunnie, you wanna go to the cafe today? Please?" Kyungsoo cooed into the younger's ear.

"Hm, sure," Sehun answered. A smile visited his lips when Kyungsoo nestled against him, full of love.

 

"Tell me everything. Just spill it all out hyung, it's okay." Sehun murmured, rubbing soothing circles onto Kyungsoo's small back.

Kyungsoo took a long sip from the steaming coffee. The sweet taste brought flavor to his tongue that had been kept inside of his mouth for so long, since he had no one to talk to (Yifan). The perfect amount of cream did his heart good. In times like these, all you needed was a Sehun and a cup of amazing coffee.

People have thought and seen Sehun as an airhead. But of course, only selected few knows that there was a genius beneath all that stupid cover. He feigns stupidity, the same as Jongin. Why let others think of you as an idiot who lacks the proper functioning brain cells? Because it brings happiness to others. Humans are messed up in every single way possible. Sehun, in all his life, had been looked up to. It came to a point where no one would talk to him, afraid of any smart remarks from him. They hated to be made fun of, such a fear existed. So they distanced themselves, coming to the point where he was a loner with no friends. A genius like him didn't need any more minutes to think of an idea. So, he came upon the conclusion of being stupid. It made others happy, oh so many, and it humored them. Why, he even had a 'genius' (but exceptionally foolish) boyfriend. Sehun, being a person who's brain was like a satellite, seeing all things in various angles, got sick of his boyfriend's attitude and they had a large fight. The boyfriend was still heads over heels and wanting, but Sehun cut all ties off. A person so foolish would be a bad influence. The only three people that had figured that out were Kyungsoo, Jongin, and Lay. Suho just got lucky because he was so annoying.

"Since you're a super genius," Kyungsoo begins, only to pause for a sip of warm coffee, "tell me about my problem."

Sehun chuckles, brain functioning after a long facade of being a moron. "Hyung, I'm not a psychiatrist yet, and you're already bugging me!" 

Kyungsoo looks up, a small smile forced upon his cute face. "I don't know why I feel like this," he explains, looking up to see a reassuring nod from Sehun. "This is a deal, and I'm having way too much fun."

"Well, what happened last night? Did he bluntly say about how you were taking this relationship too seriously?"

Kyungsoo looked down at his hands and nodded. "Kind of. He said that we were fake, that he had a life and that I shouldn't have toyed with him."

For some reason, Sehun's voice rose a bit louder as he began asking, "How did it make you feel? How did you react to him saying all those things?"

"It made me feel sad... I only brought you guys because I thought I would mess up and..." his voice faltered, lips quivering as he tried to continue, "I knew all of those things were true. And I think I'm becoming a burden. What if he leaves me?" 

"Do you have feelings for him? I've only seen these symptoms from head-over-heels hormonal teenagers." 

"I think so. But I don't think I can like him even if I wanted. He did say not to. Right?"

Sehun laid a long slender digit on his own thin lips as he rephrased the said sentence into a question. "Did he say those words exactly? He did say not to, right? Or did he to. Which is it?"

"Not to." Kyungsoo answered, wiping away stray tears.

"Really? Why don't we hear from the man himself? Since he did follow us all the way here." Sehun said, confusing Kyungsoo.

But the confusion was soon cleared up when Yifan stepped out. A new understanding shone in those eyes as he looked at Kyungsoo with an alien longing he had not ever seen because he had never looked at the right time.

Yifan sat next to Kyungsoo and faced him, he held Kyungsoo's small hands and squeezed them tightly as he began, "I never said that." The words uttered were oh so soft that it melted Kyungsoo's heart. 

"Then what did you say?" Kyungsoo asked, eyes wide. 

"I was hurt. I said things I could only think of at the back of my head. And I'm sorry for ignoring you. I was mad, I wanted to teach you a lesson..." he kissed Kyungsoo's forehead affectionately.

"Then who's Victoria? Are you really dating her?" Kyungsoo asked, eyes swelling. 

Yifan chuckled as he shook his head. A smirk fell upon his lips as he replied, "No, she came here to see you. She's my cousin actually. She only came here to discuss her wedding with Nickhun."

Kyungsoo sighed in relief. 

"Hm, speaking of her wedding... wanna go there?"


A/N: long time no see, measly 1k but oh well. thanks to all who stuck around through my crappy writing ♥♥♥ and yep yep, smooth sailing for krisoo, WRONG, there's no telling what tomorrow could bring. :) enjoy~~~