The End of the Start?

Try

Amber’s POV

I’m so tired. I walked home from school because I missed the last bus of the day. Then as soon as I was about to enter the house, I got a text from my mom saying that we ran out of milk and eggs and I had to go to the grocery store to buy them. I don’t know why I just don’t get a bike or something. It would be much easier than walking and taking the bus. As soon as I got home, I laid down on my bed. Well, more like fell on it because I couldn’t feel my legs anymore.

“Amber! Dinner’s ready!” My mom yelled from downstairs. I’m really hungry but I feel like my legs are going to fall off if I try to get up. “Um, no thanks mom. I’m not hungry.” I yelled back at her.

“Amber Josephine Liu! You better get your downstairs right now and eat the fried rice that I made for you!” She yelled yet again. It’s no use trying to argue with her, so I’m just gonna head downstairs before I get beat up.

The struggle was real. I couldn’t even get up properly without finding something to hold on to. I slowly make my way downstairs, my legs feeling like complete jelly. My parents who were sitting at the dinner table, looked at me with a strange look. Is there something on my face?

“Are you okay? You look like you’re drunk.” My dad said to me while digging into his fried rice. “Yeah, why do you think I’m drunk?” I laughed while my mom put the plate full of fried rice in front of me.

“It’s just that, you looked like you were about to fall down the stairs.” His face was full of concern. I laughed even harder at his facial expression. “Oh that. I’m fine dad. It’s just that I missed the last bus so I had to walk home, and then mom told me to buy milk and eggs so I had to walk to the grocery store too. So now, I can’t feel my legs.”

“I’m sorry honey. Do you want me to buy you a bike, roller skates maybe?” My mom is hilarious. “Really mom? Roller skates? What is this? The 80’s?” I asked jokingly. She flicked my forehead from across the table. “Well, I’ll let you know, I had roller skates and everybody considered me the coolest gal in town.” She boasted, her face showing so much pride.

My dad and I glanced at each other really quick, and then our loud laughter filled the whole house. My mom slapped both of us on our shoulders. “Mom, I’m fine. You don’t have to buy me anything. I don’t mind walking or taking the bus.” I reassured her. It’s kind of true, I guess. The only reason I don’t mind taking the bus is because of her. I see her on the bus every day, and even though she doesn’t sit near me or even look at me, I get to see her beautiful face every day. I’m so weird.

I guess another reason why I don’t mind taking the bus or walking is because I don’t want my mom and dad to buy me any unnecessary things. I’m an only child so I guess that’s why they try to spoil me, but I told them not to because I really don’t deserve it.

“Okay then Am. But if you ever get tired of walking or taking the bus, just tell me and I’ll take care of it.” My mom said to me. ‘Okay mom, no problem.” I replied while eating my last forkful of fried rice. “Now if you don’t mind, I’m gonna head upstairs and sleep. I’m so tired. Good night. I love you guys.” I got up, put my plate in the sink, and start heading up the stairs.

I brushed my teeth in the bathroom real quick and then plopped down in my bed. I set my alarm clock for the next morning and fell asleep thinking about her.

The next morning in school

I walk into the classroom and sat down in my usual seat. I smiled and waved at Sulli who was sitting next to me. I also gave Minho a light smack on the back of the head who was sitting in front of me. He turned around immediately and gave me a glare. I stuck my tongue out at him and he let out a small chuckle.

I felt someone’s eyes on me. I scanned the whole room trying to find out who it is. And when I did, boy was I shocked. It was Krystal.

She was looking at me with those cold eyes of her. I waved at her and I guess she didn’t realize that she’s been caught red handed because she looked away as soon as I did that. Wait, why is she even looking at me? She wouldn’t even acknowledge my presence since she transferred here. I don’t know why I’m getting little tingles all throughout my body. Is it because I’m excited that she’s finally paying attention to me now?

She was stealing glances at me all throughout class. It was like she was trying to see through my body and look at my soul or something. She was just staring at me with a stoic face. It was really strange. I didn’t realize that I was already sitting with the gang at the lunch table. I guess I was too busy thinking about her again.

“I swear dude, there’s something wrong with you. You keep spacing out.” Onew said. “Yeah Am. We talked about this remember.” Jonghyun added.

“I know, I know. Didn’t I tell you guys I haven’t been getting enough sleep? That’s it really.” I replied. I took a quick look at everybody and I noticed that Luna was missing. “Wait guys, where’s Luna?” I asked everybody but they all shrugged their shoulders.

“I know she had trigonometry, but nobody has that class with her. Maybe she’s in the bathroom or something.” Victoria said. And as soon as Victoria said that, Luna comes walking in with the person I least expected. Krystal.

They walked over to our table, Luna had a lively expression on her face as usual but Krystal just had that emotionless face she always has. “Hey guys. Sorry I’m late. I saw Krystal sitting by herself on the bench outside and thought I should invite her to sit with us.” Luna gave us a huge smile. How can she be so happy all the time?

“So Krystal, this is the gang. Gang, this is Krystal.” Luna continued. Krystal gave a small, timid smile and bowed slightly. Ah, she’s too cute. “Hey Krystal.” The gang said all at the same time. Luna took a seat next to Sulli and patted the seat next to her with her hand, motioning for Krystal to sit next to her.

“So, how do you guys know each other?” Henry asked with his mouth full of food. “You’re disgusting.” Key said to him while giving him a smack on the back of the neck.

“Our trigonometry teacher suggested that Krystal tutor me during our free periods since there’s this lesson that I didn’t really understand.” Luna said and then took a sip of her fruit juice. Krystal nodded her head showing her agreement.

“Um Krystal. I just wanted to let you know that after what happened with the whole Ivy thing, you don’t have to worry about that anymore. I told the principal and now she’s gone.” I said while giving her a soft smile. Apparently that didn’t make her feel any better because as soon as I said that, she stood up, swung her bag over her shoulder, and mumbled something like “I have to go somewhere. Bye” before walking out. I gave myself a smack on my forehead, while Luna pinches me on my arm, and Key kicks me from under the table.

“You’re so clueless Am. You obviously shouldn’t bring up the fact that she got beat up.” Sulli said with an annoyed tone. “But I was just trying to make her feel better.” I pouted, feeling so dumb.

And when I thought things were finally gonna get better, I end up having to start back at square one. Why do girls have to be so confusing? But wait. I’m a girl too.

No.

It’s just Krystal that confuses me. 


Hello friends :) Thanks for reading, subscribing, voting, and commenting. You guys are the best! I know the story might seem slow right now but I promise that things will start to pick up soon :) Hope you all enjoyed it and let me know what you guys think. See you all soon :)