Fate or Coincidence?

Try

Amber’s POV

It’s been two weeks since the whole confrontation thing happened with me and Krystal. And things have actually gotten better between us. We started talking regularly and she even gave me her number so that we could text. She also started to sit with us at lunch again like before. Hopefully I don’t mess things up…again.

I step out of my room and head downstairs to go to school. I walk over to the refrigerator and grab a cup of yogurt before making my way to the front door. I grab my bag from the side of the door and walk out.

I check the time on my phone and it looks like I’m gonna miss the bus if I don’t hurry up. I quickly walk to the bus stop and I can feel the beads of sweat starting to form on my forehead. I barely make it on time, getting there right as the bus pulled up. I let out a sigh of relief as I walk into the bus and all the way to the back at my usual seat. I take my earphones out of my pocket, connect it to my phone, and start playing the songs on my playlist.

As the bus pulls up to the next stop, I realized that I was the only one on the bus and all of the other seats are empty. I shrugged the thought of and continued to listen to my songs while looking out the window.

People start walking into the bus and filling out the empty, available seats. Then, I felt somebody sit next to me. I turn my head and it’s her. Wow. It feels just like the first day I saw her. Déjà vu.

She flashes me a bright smile and brush a stray strand of hair that was blocking her face to the back of her ear. She looks beautiful today. But then again, when doesn’t she?

“Hey. How are you?” I asked her nicely. “I’m doing fine, and you? You look like you didn’t get enough sleep last night?” She says to me, her face full of concern.

“Well aren’t you the smartest girl in the world.” I guess she didn’t like my sarcastic remark because she then punches my arm while letting out a small laugh.

“Geez, it’s too early in the morning for that attitude of yours.” She says jokingly to me. “I’m sorry. I couldn’t sleep last night.” I flashed an apologetic smile.

“Oh yeah? Why not?” She asked, her voice oozing curiosity. “I’ve always been like that. It’s my insomnia, I guess.” I shrugged slightly.

“I learn something new about you every day.” She then bites her lip, and let me just say, she looks so good doing that.

I blushed at her actions and turn away, placing my attention to the scenery outside of the window of the bus.


The bell rings and the school day finally ends. Thank God. I was really about to pass out during the teacher’s speech about global warming and saving the planet. I pack my stuff up and walk out of the classroom. I start walking towards Krystal’s locker, when I see her unpacking all of her stuff. I hide behind the door of her locker, hoping to surprise her.

“BOO!” I shouted as soon as she closed the door of her locker. She jumped in her spot while holding her chest, and then shoots me a deathly glare the next second. “Amber! You scared me!” She whined and then punches me in my chest.

“Hey! You can’t do that. I have twins!” I exclaimed while holding my chest. She then snickers and laughs hysterically. “What twins? I don’t see anything but your flat chest!” I mocked sadness at her insult but she just stuck her tongue out at me.

She linked her arm together with mine and we both walked out of the school together. We’ve been walking home together for two weeks now since I found out that she lived really close to me. I asked her why she just didn’t take the bus but she said she likes to walk because it gives her time to reflect on things. I didn’t really agree, maybe because I was just lazy, but I walked with her anyway. And it is so worth it. I get to spend even more time with her.

We made small talk about school and interesting books that we were both reading. I thought to myself that maybe I should ask a question about her sister, but I don’t know how she is going to react. But I think I have to, if I want to get to know her better.

“Hey Krystal. Tell me something about your sister.” I asked, hoping that she wouldn’t get mad. She suddenly stopped in her tracks, but started walking again after a few seconds.

“Um, what do you want to know?” Krystal asked me in a small voice. “Just tell me anything. But you don’t have to if you don’t want to.” I said to her softly.

“Her name was Jessica. She loved to sing and design clothes. That’s it.” I decided to take her answer and not push any further. “Thanks.” I said to her.

“For what?” She turned to me with a confused face. “For trusting me and telling me.” I smiled at her.

“You’re welcome Amber. And thanks to you too.” This time, I was the one who turned to her with a confused face. “For what?”

“For everything.”


“Amber!” My mom shouted as soon as I entered the house. She’s home early today. I wonder what she has planned because she usually doesn’t get home until later.

“Yes mom? Need anything?” I shouted back since I didn’t know where she is at. She walks into the living room and gives me a kiss on the cheek. “How was school?” She asked while smoothing out the pillows that were on the sofa.

“It was good. But why are you home so early?” I asked her while helping her smooth out the other pillows. “I have a meeting with my assistant about work.” She replied without looking at me.

“Oh okay. What was her name again? Sarah? Lana?” I sat down on the couch. “Those were really close guesses, Am.” My mom said sarcastically. “I already told you her name like five times before. Glad to know you were listening Amber.” I let out a small chuckle.

 “Well, I’m gonna head upstairs and get ready real quick. She’s gonna be here soon so if she gets here before I’m done getting ready, just let her in and offer her a drink or something.” My mom said while walking up the stairs.

“Gotchu mom!” I shouted to her. I felt my phone vibrate, so I took it out of my pocket and see that I got a text from Krystal.

Krystal (4:37 PM): Hey Am! Did you get home safely? :)

I smiled at her text and sent a quick reply back

Amber (4:38 PM): Hey Krystal! And yeah I did, thanks for caring :P So whatchu doin?

I was about to head into the kitchen and grab something to drink, when the doorbell went off. I walked over to the front door and open it. There’s a girl with long, brown hair and she was shorter than me. She had a scowl on her face and for some reason it reminded me of Krystal.

“Are you here for the meeting?” I asked her and she nodded. “Oh well come in. My mom is still upstairs getting ready, but she should be down here any minute. You can take a seat on the sofa.” I said nicely.

She makes her way over to the sofa and takes a seat, smoothing out her skirt after doing so. “Are you Mrs. Liu’s daughter?” She asked me. “Yeah. My name is Amber. Nice to meet you…” I trailed off, hoping that she would take the hint and tell me her name.

“Jessica. Jessica Jung”

Well, damn.


Hey guys! First of all, I just want to say thank you for 101 subscribers. You guys are the awesomest of awesome. Second of all, I'm sorry for not updating frequently :( Blame it on the schoolwork, but you guys don't need to listen to my excuses. The whole Jessica and SNSD thing also put me in a bad mood this week, so... But anyways, thanks for subscribing, upvoting, commenting and reading. You guys are the best. Let me know what you think and I'll see all of you beautiful people soon! :)