Ramen and Agreements

Try

Amber’s POV

I open my eyes but I can’t see anything. Everything is so dark. Never mind. I literally see black.

Am I dead? Am I in heaven?

I sit up, but then let out a loud groan when the throbbing in my head hits me oh so suddenly. That’s when I notice that I’m sitting on something soft.

Oh right, a bed. Duh. That means I’m still alive.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I hear a knock on the door.

“Come in.” The door opens and the light switches on.

It’s Krystal.

She walks in slowly and in her hands, a cup of water and what looks like a pill. She walks around the bed and takes a seat at the end of the bed near my feet. She pats my legs slowly and takes a deep breath. I guess she’s trying to figure out what to say to me.

“Hey, how’s your head?” She asks while holding out the glass of water. I take it from her gratefully and mumble out a low thanks. I take a small sip from it and then put it on the small table beside the bed.

I rub my temple, trying to soothe the pain. “Its fine, I guess. If feeling like getting hit by a train okay, then my head is great.” I say sarcastically. She slaps my leg while giving me her famous glare.

“You already hurt my head. Do you really want to injure other parts of my body as well?”

“Shut up. You’re the one who broke into my house.” I guess she did have a point there.

“Look Krystal. I think we both know why I came here.” I start off.

“Yeah, because you’re stupid.” This girl. I can’t believe she said that so seriously.

“Yah! Shut up! I’m trying to be serious here.” She nods her head, signaling for me to continue.

“Anyways, before I got rudely interrupted, I just wanted to say that I’m sorry. You k-know for, meeting with Jessica and not telling you about it.”

“You should be.” She said quietly.

“She still cares about you, you know.” I said softly.

“Oh yeah? How do you know that?” She asked bitterly.

“Because I saw the look in her eyes when she was talking about you. It was regret, desperation. And everything in between.” I say slowly, trying to get my point across.

“She hasn’t been the best sister, I know. But she’s here now. And she wants to talk to you, get to know you, and everything else that siblings do. She wants to make up for lost time.” I start rubbing my head again, feeling the pain come back. She holds out the little pill for me to take.

“It’s for headaches. I’m not trying to kill you.” She mumbles quietly.

I take it from her, stick my tongue at her, and then swallow the pill. Then, I get the glass of water from the bedside table and take a large gulp of water.

“Now it’s up to you. Whether you want to start all over again or ignore her and pretend like she never existed in your life. It’s all up to you.” I finish softly.

I see her put her head down while bringing a hand up to her face. It looks like she’s wiping tears away. Damn it Amber, you’re so stupid. You’re always making somebody cry.

Then all of a sudden she stands up from the bed and turns to look at me. That kind of scared me a little bit, I thought I was gonna get a heart attack.

She grabs my hand and pulls me up from the bed. What the hell is she doing?

“Come on, I’ll make you something to eat. You could use a little meat on those bones.” She lets out a loud laugh while pinching at the flesh near my elbow.

She pulls me out of the room, down the stairs, and into the kitchen. Wow, her house is really small. And by really small, I mean like the size of a classroom small.

“I know. My house is small.” She said, reading my mind.

“What? I didn’t say that. Your house is c-c-cozy.” Why did I have to stutter?

She lets out a small chuckle. “Yeah okay Amber.”

She opens the drawer and takes out two packets of ramen. She takes out a pan, fills it up with water, and places it on top of the stove.

“You can sit down, you know?” I roll my eyes at her sarcasm and take a seat at the small dining table.

“Yes.”

“What? Are we saying random things now? Pears.” I laughed out loud at my own joke.

“No you stupid…”Krystal lets out a deep breath.

“I’ll talk to Jessica.”


I'm back! Sorry guys, I was really sick with a cold and the flu or whatever the hell it was. But it was the worst two weeks of my life. Anyways, here's the update and I hope you guys enjoyed it. Happy holidays and I hope you guys have a fun time. Let me know what you think about this chapter and I'll see all of you soon! Peace out girl/boy scouts :)