Touch

Change of Heart

Jonghyun POV

 

I read through Keys notes over the weekend and they were surprisingly helpful. It’s strange to say that I actually understand what my teacher is talking about now.

I can tell Key is really smart. He actually makes me do part of the work unlike everybody else. They’re either in love with me or they’re intimidated by me, which I now realize, is extremely annoying. It upsets me though that Key knows about this. He knows that I’m lazy and charm my way into getting others to do my work. He probably thinks I’m a moron. Hopefully now that I can comprehend our assignment he’ll be impressed and maybe even happy that he is partnered with me.

I walk into class and Key is already there and god he looks good today. His hair is slightly wavy and his outfit is pretty plain compared to his other ensembles. He looks better like this because now you can focus on his striking face rather than his outfit. I have never really looked at his face this long before but I notice he has feline like eyes and he lines them slightly with black eyeliner, which makes them pop more.

“Why are you staring at me?” He looks up from his book.

“Uh.. I wasn’t staring” I blush. Goddamn it he probably thinks I’m creepy. “I have your notebook. Thanks for letting me borrow it.” I had him the notebook and our fingers brush gently. It was only for a second but it was enough to send shivers up my arm. I look away quickly before he can see the blush creeping up my cheeks again.

“You’re welcome. Did it help you understand our project at all?” He says questioningly, almost as if he doesn’t believe that I actually read it. Of course he would think that. Who wouldn’t with the reputation I have.

“Yeah. I think I learned more reading your notes than I have this whole year.” He gives me a strange look, like he can’t believe that I took the time to study.

“Well good then. I’m glad they helped.” He said smiling.

The teacher begins class and I can’t stop thinking about him smiling. It was genuine not fake like so many others. All throughout class I think about him and how it felt to touch him. I need to touch him again; I need to see him smile again.

When the bell rings, Key stands up and gets ready to leave and before I process what I’m doing, I stop him.

“Wait a second” I say standing up as well.

“What?” He sends me a confused look.

“Umm.” I say scratching the back of my neck. Why am I so nervous? “What are you doing afterschool?”

“Probably nothing why?”

“Do you want to come over and work on our project some more?” I say nervously. Why does it feel like I’m asking him out on a date, I’m usually never this nervous even when I ask girls out on dates.

“Yeah, sure.” He says amused. I think he can sense I’m nervous but I can’t believe he said yes so easily I half expected him to laugh in my face. I would if someone like me was trying to spend time with me.

After he says yes though, my confidence comes back.

“Did you drive to school?”

“Yeah, I always drive.” He puts his hands on his hips in a mocking way. All right not all of us have access to cars all the time.

“Good! Then you can just drive me home!” I smile at him and he just rolls his eyes at me but I know he wont refuse. “I’ll meet you outside after school then.” Before I walk away I send him one more cocky smile and head to my next class.

Why am I so happy that he’s coming over? I’m never this excited to spend time with anyone.

As the school day continues my thoughts become less happy. I realize my feelings for Key but there is no way in hell he would like me back. He knows that I go through girls faster than lightening. Now that I think about it, I did that because none of them made me feel the way he does. It doesn’t help either that my friends and I have been complete s to him. He hates me and I don’t blame him. How do I even tell him? He would probably laugh at me and not to mention how my friends would react if they saw us together. I can't even begin to imagine the torment I would receive. I would lose them as friends and they would treat the same way as Key. I don't think I could handle it, I'm not strong like him.

.

.

.

I make sure Minho and the rest of my friends leave school before I walk out. I can’t risk them seeing me with Key.

I walk down the steps and I spot him immediately. He sees me too and smiles at me, which makes my stomach erupt in butterflies. 

We walk to his car in silence and to my surprise his car is beautiful. It’s a sleek black with rims that are so shiny that they could glow in the dark. I step into the car and notice the seats are black leather with red trim and the dash is state of the art. It leaves me in awe. How the hell does he afford this?

“Its not mine.” His snaps. “My grandma doesn’t really drive anymore so she lets me drive it.”

“This is one of the nicest cars I have ever seen.” I say still in awe of this car. He chuckles and starts to pull away towards my house.

He fiddles around with the radio before settling on a surprisingly familiar song.

“You listen to this music?” I ask in disbelief.

“Yeah this is my favorite song actually.” He looks away bashfully. There is no way this is his favorite because it’s my favorite song.

“It’s mine too.” I whisper, hoping he didn't hear me but as I turn I can see a blush creep across his cheeks.

We arrive at my house. I instinctively take his hand and lead him to my room. I just want to feel his skin on mine if only for a brief moment.

He quickly releases my hand as we step through my doorway. He looks conflicted, but quickly brushes it off. 

We sit on the bed and he takes out his books and I do the same. He starts talking to me about ideas he came up with and I just nod in agreement. Its not like I came up with any on my own. He keeps talking and I catch myself staring at his lips too often. They look soft, I begin to wonder what they would feel like against mine. I subconciously moved closer to him.

He points at his notebook and I realize I wasn’t paying attention to anything he was saying. I lean closer to him to see what he was pointing at, when I gently lay my hand on his thigh. I can feel his warmth through his jeans, which makes my hand burn. I ache to touch him more, to feel every part of his body.

He notices what I’m doing but doesn’t stop me. He just looks down at my hand and back up to meet my eyes. His faces is so close to mine. I look at his lips and notice that they’re parted. Waiting to be kissed. I lean my head closer to his. I feel his breath on my lips but he still doesn’t pull away. I inch closer until my lips almost brush his when I hear a buzzing noise. 

He quickly comes to his senses and jumps away from me. He's flustered as he takes out his phone. He looks at the screen and puts it away as quickly as he took it out.

“I have to go.” He gets up swiftly. He starts towards the door but I can’t let him leave, not after what almost happened.

I get up just as fast and pull his hand off my door and I don’t let go. I pull him closer to me. 

“Please don’t leave yet.” I say pleading.

“I’m sorry. I have to do…” he paused searching for an excuse. “I have to go to this thing. I uh..” I take his chin in my hand and force him to meet my eyes. I pull his face towards mine. Our lips brush together lightly, sending shivers throughout down my spine. I feel his hands on my chest in weak attempt to push me away. But as I deepen the kiss, his hands slide up my chest up and around my neck, pulling me closer. Something stirs inside me from his touch and I slowly push him until his back collides with my door.

Our kisses become desperate. I let my tongue slide across his bottom lip and he immediately reacts causing our tongues to crash together. I push against him harder, needing to feel his body against mine. His hands slide underneath my shirt, making my whole body ignite. I break away from his lips and travel down his neck. His skin tastes so good and I start below his ear. He starts quietly, sending my sanity over the edge. I release his neck and move back up to his lips but this time with more force. I his bottom lip as his hands get tangled in my hair, pulling me closer. I feel myself harden as our hips start to rub against one another. I let my hands wander down further, placing them on his hips pulling him even closer. He moans in my mouth, making my whole body tremble. I can't get enough of him, the way his hands are tangled in my hair, closing any space that could be between us. My hands travel inside the back of his shirt, feeling his smooth skin against my finger tips. 

“Rinnnnnnnnnng”

The noise causes us to separate. You have got to be kidding me. I look at Key but he turns away, ashamed at what just happened. I sigh and walk over to the table, picking up my phone.

“Hello?” I say annoyed.

“The guys and I are going out tonight  be ready at seven.” Minho says. Of course it would be Minho. That really is the last thing I want to do right now. I hear the click of the door closing and I realize Key left. Now I’m pissed. If Minho hadn’t have called Key would still be here. Now he left without even saying a word to me.

“Yeah, yeah, fine” I say and hang up. If I had said no they would be suspicious. I never turn them down.

I run a hand through my hair and sigh, what if Key doesn’t talk to me now. I would be devastated. I have never felt anything like this before and I can't let it end here.