This can't be happening.

Change of Heart

Key POV

Thankfully the next couple days weren’t so bad and it’s Friday so I have the whole weekend away from this place and these s. Jonghyun and his crew of jerks have left Taemin and I alone these last few days and I cannot be more ecstatic.

As I gaze out the window I notice how beautiful it is today. There isn’t a cloud in the sky and the leaves paint the ground with different reds and oranges. Almost like a sea of fire.

I didn’t even notice when Jonghyun took his seat next to me but he can’t ruin this day. 

I sneak a glance his way and notice that he’s making eyes at some poor girl. He will most likely leave her heartbroken just like all the others after he gets what he wants. Taemin told me all about Jonghyun and his crew, how they hop from girl to girl leaving a trail of tears in their wake. Disgusting. I can only assume that every girl wants to be the one to change him, but they all end up the same. It’s a pity really, most of them seem like nice girls.

At last class is almost over and I have the whole weekend free from this jerk.

The teacher passes out an assignment and I glance in horror at the top, which says “Group Project”.

“Okay class you will partner up with the person next to you in order to complete this assignment. You have two weeks until it needs to be handed in so plan your time accordingly.” Our teacher says.

I immediately get up from my desk and walk to the teachers while Jonghyun just sits in shock.

“You can’t expect me to work with him!” I shout.

“Kibum, the group pairings are final and you will have to push your differences aside and work together.”

“He doesn’t even know what is going on in this class! I’m going to have to do all the work!” This can’t be happening. I’m not letting this idiot bring down my grade.

“Well then it is your responsibility to teach him.” She says in a calm voice that makes my blood boil. “Jonghyun please come up here.”

I watch him slowly get out of his seat, looking like a defeated puppy.

“Jonghyun, I expect equal effort out of both of you. If I hear from Kibum that you didn’t do your share of the work, I’m failing you on this assignment.” She says with an edge. Good I’m glad she’s not letting him off the hook that easily.

“What! That’s not fair. He could lie and say I did nothing just because he doesn’t like me!” Jonghyun shouts.

“I trust that Kibum is honest enough to do the right thing. Isn’t that right Kibum?” She looks at me expectantly. To be honest that didn’t even cross my mind but now it sounds like a good plan.

“Yes Mrs. Sunhee.” I say and when she turns her head I give Jonghyun a devious smirk. I’ll teach that to mess with me.

“Good, then you are both dismissed” and with that she shoos us out of her classroom and I’m left with Jonghyun in the hall.

“You better not me over with this, got it!” He gives me an angry look but I’m not afraid. I now have to the power to fail him and he knows that.

“What! Me, do something like that! To someone who has been beating my friend and I up all year?” I say in the most sarcastic tone I can find. “I would never!” I roll my eyes.

He’s close enough to me that I can feel his breath on my lips. “Look I’ll put in my share of work and do what ever you say, but I cannot afford an F in this class. If you dare tell her I did nothing in this project, I promise you’ll wish you were never born.” And with that he storms off.

Great, this is a great way to start off working with him. This is going to be the worst two weeks of my life.

 

Jonghyun POV

This is not happening. I can’t be expected to work with him. I know he’s going to try to fail me. Who wouldn’t? Ugh. This never happens, usually I find a pretty girl to partner up with and convince her to do all the work. They never tell because they want me to like them. It works every time except this one.

As I’m walking I realize I didn’t get his number so we could plan out when to meet for this stupid project. Awesome.

I quickly turn around and hope he’s still here. Hopefully we can meet over the weekend and get this over with as soon as possible. Thankfully I spot him putting his books away with Taemin by his side. As I walk up to them, Taemin gives me a horrified glance and taps Kibum on the shoulder.

“Here” I say as I hand him my phone. “Put your number in so we can meet up, I want to get this done quickly.” He just nods and types in his number quietly. He hands me back my phone and I walk away with out saying another word.

You have got to be kidding me. I look at my phone and see that he wrote “Key ;) <3” Before I can change it, I reach my car and instinctively put my phone away.

When I get home I decide to text him, only because I want to get on with this project. I write:

            ‘Tomorrow night. My house 6 o’clock.’

I also type in my address and I quickly send the message. This is going to be a rough two weeks.