First day

Change of Heart

Jonghyun POV

 

After lunch, I walk into my fifth class of the day and I am exhausted already. "The first day is always the worst" I think. As I find my name on the desk, I cant help but wonder who this "Kibum" is that he is supposed to sit next to. I have never heard of him before and I know who almost everybody. I look around and notice a few girls that I has previously hooked up with in the past and wonder which one I'm going to persuade into "helping" me. Just as I'm scanning the room for my next victim, I notice a very handsome yet feminine looking man walk in. "Oh god" I think to myself. "What the hell is this freak wearing".

I stare at this boy while he walks in with his bright red skinny jeans, topped with a bleached stained jean jacket, and sequined black combat boots. If he didn't look obnoxious enough, he has bracelets covering most of his forearms. I can't help but notice how beautiful he is. With his jet black hair, tinted with red and eyes that could pierce right through your soul, he might just be the most beautiful person I have ever seen. I quickly pushes those thoughts to the side as the boy sits next to me.

"Hi, I'm Key" says the boy with an outstretched hand. 

I roll my eyes before I say "I know your name, I obviously can read" as I motion to his name card. 

"But that says Kibum. I like to be called Key because Kibum is too common of a name" He said matter of factly. 

Wow this guy is arrogant. What? Is a traditional Korean name not good enough for him? How am I supposed to sit next to this thing the whole year. Even though I ignore him he still keeps pushing. 

"So what is your name?"

"Jonghyun" I say with an edge. Still not meeting his eyes.

​Maybe now he will shut up and leave me alone. But sadly I am not that that lucky. 

"Oh that is such a nice name! I'm new here by the way, maybe you could show me around sometime." He asks.

Does this kid not understand that I do not want to talk to him? Maybe I can talk to the teacher and ask for a seat change. I heard the many teachers are not fond me so I'm not so sure it could work but I'm going to have to try because I can't stand being next to this kid for another second.

As I continue to ignore his rambling, his voice starts to irritate me more and more. 

In the rudest tone I can gather up I say "Can't you take a hint that I don't want to talk to you!"

He just looks at me shocked and I can clearly tell I hurt his feelings. But he just faces forward and doesn't say another word.

As class begins, I slowly start to feel bad about the way I raised my voice to him. I glance over to him and see that he looks defeated and troubled, making me feel worse. He just kept talking and driving me insane. I am not looking for new friends especially someone like him. People would get the wrong idea and I absolutely cannot have anyone think like that. It would ruin my image and I can already tell he is going to be a target for my friends. He looks skinny and dresses weird, I'm sure they will love to torment this one. 

Not soon enough the bell rings and class is over. I watch as Key hurries out of the classroom, most likely to get as far away from me as possible.

Man, this was going to be a long year.