[8]

The Checklist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun stretched after finishing his morning training when someone called his name from the bleachers. He looked back and saw Hyoyeon waving at him. He greeted her back but she gestured to wait for her to finish talking to her friend.

When she finally approached him, she asked if he wanted to grab a quick breakfast at the cafe in her building. She told him that she also invited Miyoung so he agreed.

Hyoyeon: How’s your training?

Sehun: It's tiring at first since we train every morning and late afternoon but after the first week, I just got used to it.

Hyoyeon: That's great. Surely after some time, you'll represent our university.

Sehun: I hope so. It’s been more than a month but I'm still trying to achieve the target before I can represent the university. *elaborates the team’s requirements and his current standing in the team*

Hyoyeon: Don't stress yourself much. You just started college anyways. How's your studies? Do you meet Myong often?

Sehun: It's good. Myong... err... noona, helps me with studies sometimes since she knows most of my professors.

Hyoyeon: That’s good.

Hyoyeon: Speaking of, here she is.

 

Sehun's smile faded when Miyoung bumped into Luhan as they both entered the cafe. She greeted him awkwardly but Hyoyeon called them both. Miyoung waved at their table and knew instantly that Sehun was annoyed with what just happened so she immediately sat beside him, leaving Luhan behind. As soon as she sat down, she held his hand under the table and gently squeezed it.

Miyoung: Good morning, Sehunnie! What did you get? *trying to act casually*

Sehun: Just a waffle and hot chocolate.

Miyoung: Is it good? I love waffles.

Sehun: I know. I told Hyo noona to get you one as well but there was only one left and it was too late. Here, you can have this. *feeds her the last bite*

Miyoung: It’s so good! *pouts* No more waffles for me?

Sehun: *pats her head gently* Sorry… I'll get you one tomorrow after my training.

Miyoung: Okay. *smiles in excitement*

Luhan: *feels Hyoyeon’s nudge* Miyoung, aside from waffles. Can I get you anything else? I'll go order right now.

Hyoyeon: You should just go together so Miyoung can choose. *Miyoung hesitates to stand but Hyoyeon stood up and pulled her, almost pushing her towards Luhan* Come on.

Miyoung: Sorry about her. *smiles shyly, a little bit embarrassed from what just happened*

Luhan: Let's go? *extends hand so Miyoung can lead the way*

 

When they arrived in front of the food display, Luhan noticed Miyoung was having a hard time picking between the bagel and the croissant. He asked if she wanted both but Miyoung could only afford one because she was saving her allowance so she chose croissant. After ordering, Luhan insisted that he would pay for their meal and that Miyoung had no choice but to just let him.

As they walked back to the table, Miyoung noticed that Luhan ordered the bagel. "You're right. It does look good." he said. Miyoung smiled but tried to hide it because she was almost certain that Sehun was watching them. She sat beside him again and leaned her head on his shoulder while locking her arm in his.

Miyoung: You all wake up really early. During this time, I'm just about to wake up...to snooze my alarm.

Hyoyeon: Yeah, you're more of a night owl. I'm surprised you even answered back when I texted you. *Luhan laughs as he observed Miyoung while fixing their food on the table*

Miyoung: How could I not wake up? You sent like ten consecutive texts that my room mate was alarmed thinking there was something urgent so she woke me up. *Hyoyeon laughs*

Sehun: You always wake up early when you sleepover at our house though.

Miyoung: That is true… but I sleep again when I get home. I guess, the only time I haven't slept again was when we jogged, remember? *Sehun laughs*

Hyoyeon: You jogged??

Miyoung: I know right?! But technically, I didn't jog... we kinda walked and he had to carry me home because I sprained my ankle near the clubhouse. I told Sehun next time, he should invite you to jog. *looks at Sehun* By the way, how’s your training?

Sehun: Fine. Same same.

Luhan: You were good. I saw you earlier at the track.

Sehun: Thanks. *frowns a little when he saw Luhan place half of his bagel on Miyoung' plate*

Miyoung: Luhan, you need this more than I do because of your training.

Luhan: It's fine. You wanted both earlier so I ordered the bagel.

Hyoyeon: Right! You had training earlier too. Myong, just give him half of your croissant then. 

Miyoung: O-okay sure.

She cut her croissant and placed the half on Luhan's plate then she cut a piece and gave it to Sehun. "Sehunnie needs energy too." she smiled at him and offered Hyoyeon a part but she refused.

Hyoyeon: So Luhan, do you have trainings everyday?

Luhan: Yup, I have trainings every morning.

Hyoyeon: How about in the afternoon?

Luhan: Right now, we don't have trainings in the afternoon which is a good thing because I could focus on my studies and fixing up my room. I don't have much stuff yet since I transfered.

Hyoyeon: Do you need help? Myong and I could help you shop for things after our classes today.

Luhan: Oh that would be good if it's not much trouble, I'll gladly accept the help.

Miyoung: *felt Sehun grabbing her hand this time* Umm I'm sorry but I can't right now. I have to finish this paper which I haven't started yet and I have tests lined up.

Hyoyeon: Oh that's too bad. Maybe next time.

Miyoung: Yeah sorry... *laughs awkwardly*

Luhan: Don't worry, it's fine.

 

After the four finished their breakfast, they walked out of the cafe and bid goodbye to each other. Sehun went ahead and said he has to prepare for his class so he immediately walked away. Knowing Sehun would be expecting her to follow him, Miyoung immediately excused herself and left the two.

Luhan: They're really close, no?

Hyoyeon: Yeah... we all grew up together and spent a lot of time in each others’ houses. She’s best friends with his sister and he’s best friends with her brother so she also hangs out with him a lot especially during sleepovers.

Luhan: Do you think it's possible that they would like each other in the future?

Hyoyeon: Myong and him? I don't think so. She only sees him as a dongsaeng and besides, Miyoung and Bora swore to each other they wouldn't date each others' brothers because their friendship is more important but if you'll ask me, I think Bora came up with that agreement because she was afraid that Miyoung would break her brother's heart and their friendship would end. You heard how she was overprotective of him from last time.

Luhan: Yeah. Scary levels.

Hyoyeon: Yup yup yup. Miyoung won't risk that. She's afraid of Bora ever since we were kids so you can rest easy. I think it’s also the perfect time to mention this to you, I think you're the perfect match for Miyoung so if you date her, I'm warning you now, don't ever break her heart. Bora's also protective of Miyoung.

Luhan: Are you trying to scare me?

Hyoyeon: Why? Are you? Do you want to back off now?

Luhan: I didn't say I want to back off.

Hyoyeon: Good. You might to step up your game next time. Good job on the bagel.

Luhan: Thanks? Maybe next time you can invite her again but alone this time.

Hyoyeon: Sure. You know I’m rooting for you.

 

 

"Class, for your next project, you're

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter