[17]

The Checklist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bora watched Sehun's training with the intention of forcing him to go home with her. She told him that their parents were expecting him to come and that he shouldn't ignore their request. She promised him that he wouldn't regret it if he agreed.

After the training, Hyoyeon and her waited for him outside his dorm as he gathered his stuff.

Bora: I thought your friend was going with us?

Hyoyeon: Luhan? *laughs* He missed Myong too much that right after the referee blew the whistle in their match yesterday, he ran to get his bag from the locker room and rode the train. He didn't even change his clothes.

Bora: Oh my god, really?!

Hyoyeon: Yeah... he's been uneasy and the last two weeks have been a complete hell for him because his Myongmyong has completely cut their communication.

Sehun: *looks at Hyoyeon with his eyebrow raised* Myong noona wasn't responding to him?

Hyoyeon: Yeah. Knowing her, she probably thinks it would be easier for Luhan and her that way.

Sehun couldn't take where the conversation was going so wore his headphones and announced that he's going to sleep.

Bora: They have pet names already? Why didn't you tell me?! Kris is going later by the way.

Hyoyeon: Heol. Good luck then.

 

 

"Mom, I'm going out. I'm meeting my friend." Taeyong announced as he dropped by the kitchen.

"What time are you going home? Aren't you going to Sehun's birthday?" she asked.

"Seulgi said there's no party because he decided to stay at the university." he shrugged.

"Your sister's out, your brother's going out and you're going out too. To whom am I cooking this for?!" she complained.

"For your husband? Gotta go!" he yelled as he left.

 

 

 

Wendy: Hi Seulgi.

Seulgi: Are you okay? Were you crying?

Wendy: Don't tell anyone. Taeyong and I kinda fought yesterday.

Seulgi: WHAAT?!? Where is he?

Wendy: I don't know.

Seulgi: What happened?

Wendy: It's a long story but he left me during our argument. He said we'll talk later but he hasn't called me since.

Seulgi: Oh no... Did you try calling him?

Wendy: I don't know what to say. I was waiting for him to talk to me. I just want forget that for a while so don't tell anyone, okay?

Seulgi: Well, we're going next door for Sehun's birthday. Do you want to come?

Wendy: I thought you said it was cancelled because Sehun's not coming home.

Seulgi: He changed his mind or more like Bora unnie changed his mind. But wait, what if Tyong goes there too? Will you be okay?

Wendy: I don't think he's going but let's see.

 

 

Yonghwa: Hi Sehun, happy birthday! Just dropping by to give you these. *hands out invitations*

Seohyun: Happy birthday, Sehun! Wow I see a lot of bottles. *eyes Hansol* You're not yet legally allowed to drink, Hansol. Make sure you get home safely. You forgot your keys. Don't wake up eomma and appa when you get home late.

Hansol: Why? Where are you going?

Seohyun: We're going to Busan to hand out some wedding invitations to our relatives. We might stay out late or just stay with halmeoni if we get too tired to go home.

Hansol: Okay!

Hyoyeon: Yong oppa, where's Myong and Tyong? Why didn't they go here?

Sehun: *leaves* I have to go to the toilet.

Yonghwa: Tyong is with his friend, Yuta. You're in the same class with him right? *Hansol nods* At least that's what he said earlier when he asked for permission. I guess they didn't know that you decided to push through with the party. Seulgi told them the party was cancelled.

Seulgi: Oh sorry... I didn't know also until the last minute and I forgot to update them.

Hansol: Wendy, why didn't you tell him?

Wendy: Oh I was with Seulgi earlier when I found out. I texted him already to go straight here when they're done. *lies*

Tao: Okay, I'm going to text him too.

Bora: And Myong?

Yonghwa: Ohh that... Luhan invited her to go out yesterday. They were supposed to come home last night but Myong called to say that they were going to stay overnight. She said they'll be here by lunch but they're still not here.

Hyoyeon: Wow, their first date? Eomonim allowed her to go overnight?

Sehun: *returns* I guess we're still not done with this.

Bora: *ignores Sehun's comment* What do you mean first date? Engagement party, hello?

Hyoyeon: Nah... that doesn't count really. I just left the two at the mall so they had no choice. This one's all Luhan.

Yonghwa: Since Miyoung came back for summer vacation, her mood was always down. To entertain herself, she had been playing pranks on everyone especially mom. It was funny when one time she added movies in mom's Netflix queue.

Bora: Whoa she did that?!

Kris: Your friend sounds fun. We'll get along better than you and me.

Bora: I know! That's why I wanted to introduce you to her, remember?!

Kris: So, what else did she do?

Yonghwa: Hmm, okay. This was the first and absolute worst that she did to mom and she still suffers the consquences until this time.

Bora: I'm intrigued. What did she do?!

Yonghwa: She told mom she was pregnant. Mom had to ask her to take multiple tests to confirm if she was just being mischievous. *laughs* That's why mom was relieved when she found out Luhan came yesterday because she can rest but she didn't expect they would stay out overnight. So right now, mom's getting antsy waiting for her to come home. For sure she'll get an earful once she steps inside the house.

Seohyun: *hits Yonghwa's arm lightly* Don't tell them that part.

Yonghwa: Right, sorry.

Hyoyeon: I'm sure she wouldn't mind getting scold at when they get back from their trip.

Seohyun: Yeah I know. Miyoung missed him so much that she cried when she saw him yesterday in his football outfit. They were so cute out there in the street when they reunited. People would think it has been years since they last saw each other. *realizes Sehun was already back from the toilet*

Yonghwa: Yah, I don't think you should've told that part either.

Seohyun: Right... we better leave or else we might spill some more.

Hyoyeon: I guess that's why she's not replying. Luhan too. *smirking* They're probably busy having fun.

Yonghwa: And I don't want to hear that part. Let's go... *pulls Seohyun's hand* Bye guys. Happy birthday, Sehun.

Sehun: *forces smile and waves back*

Bora: So sorry, Kris. Looks like we lost to them. *points at Hyoyeon*

Kris: I guess it's fine. *drinks a shot* Didn't seem like I had a shot with her anyways.

Bora: How so?

Kris: Well to be honest, I saw her once last month. She was running late so I offered to take her to the campus because I had my motorcycle and then I asked her if I could get her number. She handed her phone so I can put my number. She said she was going to text me but she didn't.

Bora: Running late? She stays at the university dorm...

Kris *shrugs* I don't know much. All she said was she forgot something at home so she had to get it.

Bora: Hey! You didn't mention that to me! She didn't also. If you thought you didn't have a shot, why did you agree to go here anyways?

Kris: I was bored and kinda curious. You also said there would be drinks so here I am. Happy birthday, Sehun!

Sehun acnowledged his greeting and then frowned hearing about his and Hyoyeon's point of view. He realized those were the two times that Miyoung tried to explain herself but he refused to believe her. "I really did a number on her." he thought.

Seulgi: *notices Sehun in deep thought* Hey Sehun, why are you silent? It's your birthday!

Wendy: Yeah... where are the drinking cards?

Hansol: Wow Wendy, you're in the mood to drink tonight! Is there anything to celebrate? Did you get an early admission?

Wendy: I don't know yet but school's over. No classes and no teachers! So let's drink!

Seulgi: Yah Wendy. You've already had a couple of drinks. Don't drink too much, I can't carry you home.

Hansol: It's fine. We can go home together. Or better, have her sleep at your house tonight.

Hyoyeon: Yes that's fine.

 

Hansol looked at the balcony view and caught a glance of Miyoung and Luhan returning. "Hey, it's noona and hyung!" he waved at them and the rest followed.

Luhan pointed to Miyoung that her friend's waving at them from the balcony across them.

"Seulgi said there was no party..." she whispered awkwardly before waving back to them.

"Come on, Myongmyong and Hanhan! Join us here!!!" Hyoyeon yelled while the others teased them.

"We'll just settle down for a bit." Miyoung yelled back.

"Are we really going to go?" Luhan whispered.

"No... of course not." she said as she opened the door.

 

They have already gone through several rounds of the the drinking card game and the couple hasn't arrived still. Bora told Hyoyeon to go over at the Hwangs' residence and call the two.

Hyoyeon knocked on the door and was greeted by Miyoung's mother. "Eomonim, where's Myong?"

"I think they're in her room resting. I bet they're already sleeping but you can check but don't close the door when you leave." 

 

Hyoyeon walked to Miyoung's bedroom and just like Mrs. Hwang said, the two were sleeping on the bed.

Hyoyeon: *shakes Miyoung's body* Yah! We were waiting for you back there!!! Let's go!

Miyoung: *grunts* Hyo we're really tired. Can't we just talk tomorrow?!

"Everyone's waiting for you two. Bora told me to pick you guys up and not take no for an answer." Hyoyeon pulled Luhan out of the bed. He couldn't really go against Hyoyeon and he didn't know what to say.

"Are you just going to stay there? I'm taking Luhan to that party... Are you alright leaving him with us?!" she tried to scare her.

"Okay have fun!" Miyoung said and faced the other side.

"Hwang Miyoung! Aren't you even going to greet Sehun on his birthday?! I thought you were best friends. He's going to feel bad that you blew him off for sleep."

Miyoung faced them back again and saw Luhan mouthing 'Help.' "Can I just freshen up a little bit before going?! I promise we'll follow you." she asked.

"Fine you can. I'm going first but I'm taking Luhan with me so I'd be sure that you're going to follow. Let's go, Luhan." Hyoyeon said as she pulled Luhan out of the bedroom.

Miyoung sighed as she stood up.

 

Hyoyeon: *screams* Guys, I'm back!!! I brought Luhan.

Bora: Where's Myong?

Hyoyeon: She's coming cos I've got hostage. *points at Luhan*

Luhan: Hi everyone. Happy birthday, Sehun.

Sehun: Yep. Thanks. *discreetly rolls his eyes*

Seulgi: Hi Luhan oppa!

Luhan: Hi Seulgi. Nice to see you again.

Seulgi: You too, oppa.

Bora: Hi Luhan... remember Kris?

Luhan: Y-yeah.. Hello.

Kris: Hey, what's up? Is Miyoung your girlfriend?

Bora: Sorry. He has drunk a lot... he has no filter tonight.

Luhan: It's fine.

Bora: So.. is she your girlfriend?

Luhan: No, not yet. We just started going out. We literally just had our first date.

Hyoyeon: So, where did you take her? We heard you were supposed to return last night.

Luhan: *laughs awkwardly* Just in my hometown. There's a famous waterpark there. She wanted to stay longer so we decided to stay overnight. Wait, who said that?

Hyoyeon: *ignores Luhan's question* Guys, get this. I caught them sleeping in Miyoung's room, just now. Together! *Wendy and Seulgi shrieks*

Luhan: Yahhh... Hyo I think you had drank too much. *tries not to divulge too much because of Sehun*

Hyoyeon: I guess abonim and eomonim trusts you enough for you to be allowed to sleep there. But given Yonghwa oppa's situation, I thought they're going to be a lot stricter on Myong.

Luhan: I haven't before but tonight they gave us permission, provided that we keep the bedroom door open because they weren't sure if Taeyong's classmate is sleeping over tonight.

Hansol: Classmate? Yuta?

Wendy: Maybe...

Miyoung: *opens the door to the balcony* Wow, what is your topic?

Bora: *stands up and hugs her* Finally!!!

Miyoung: Happy birthday, Sehun. *pats his shoulder awkwardly*

Sehun: T-thanks, noona. *he tried to meet her eyes but she had already sat beside Luhan*

Bora: So tell us, what are you now? Luhan said you just started going out.

Miyoung: Let's not talk about it.

Kris: Can we talk about how you didn't text me that day?

Bora: Myong... remember Kris?!

Miyoung: Right!! I'm so sorry Kris. I really meant to text you that time but something happened and it just slipped my mind. *Sehun frowns and looks away*

Kris: It's fine. I'm doing fine by the way. *rolls eyes at her while Hansol and Tao laughed at his behavior*

Miyoung: Good. I'm glad you're doing fine.

Kris: Thank you!

Miyoung: No problem. *checks her phone*

Bora: *downs a shot* Are you guys done? Can we now play a game with Myong and Luhan?!

Miyoung: It's unfair. You guys are kinda drunk already.

Bora: Then drink.

Miyoung: *looks at Luhan* I don't want to drink.

Hansol: *gasps* Sis...

Bora: You? Don't want to drink? Hah! That's new...

Hyoyeon: Yeah, come on Myong. It's not a party if you're not drinking.

Miyoung: *looks at Luhan and whispers* Hanhan... do you really need to go tomorrow? How can I drink?

Luhan: *whispers* You can drink if you want to. Don't worry.

Kris: Lovebirds! Just drink and let's have fun!

Miyoung: Okay, here's the thing. We can't drink a lot. He has to go back tomorrow morning for training.

Hyoyeon: You're not going to training, you can drink.

Miyoung: If I drink a lot, I might not be able to see him off. 

Hyoyeon and Seulgi: Ooohhh...

Bora: See him off? Is he going to the military? Hahaha

Miyoung: Yah Oh Bora! *slammed her hands on the table*

Bora: Hwang Miyoung! *also slammed her hands on the table*

Kris: Kris! *copies them both*

*everyone laughed except for Sehun*

Seulgi: Myong unnie, you draw the next card.

Miyoung: Drinking cards? You know my luck is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter